2002 Acura RSX Type-S Track/Autocross/Street Car - $6300obo

Automobile related Items for sale
honda8790

2002 Acura RSX Type-S Track/Autocross/Street Car - $6300obo

Post by honda8790 »

It's time to move on to a different project and sell my 2002 Acura RSX Type-S. Most of the people on here know the car and know it's potential. I live in Ohio now but do make it back to Vermont once and a while. If the buyer is interested, the car could be driven to VT or at a minimum half way between VT and OH.

I bought this car 5 years ago and have turned it into a track/autocross car. It has 164,000 miles and has been well taken care of. The car is clean, with the exception of small dents and scratches from track use. There is no rust on the car. It looks as though it has never seen winter, the underside of the car is spotless. The years that I have owned it, it has not seen winter and only a few rainy track days. The car is in excellent running condition with no engine or transmission issues. It's by no means a show car, but it's a fast reliable track car. The front air bags and seat belts are still installed in the car so it's still street legal and safe.

Here is the list of modifications:
1) Custom exhaust from cat back using a Vibrant muffler
2) Fujita cold air intake.
3) A/C deleted
4) Race (80A) engine mounts
5) Transmission has been rebuilt with new 2nd and 3rd gear sets. There are no grinds and shifts perfectly
6) Wavetrac LSD (new in July 2012)
7) New clutch (Spring of 2012)
8) Aluminum shifter bushings
9) Corbeau FX1 and FX1 Pro racing seats
10) OMP seat brackets (passenger and driver)
11) G-Force 5 point harness (out of date for this year)
12) Autopower roll bar
13) Gutted interior from the front seats back
14) Sunroof removed and carbon fiber panel installed
15) Buddy Club Racing roll center adjusters
16) BC Racing Type-BR coilovers 10kg front 12kg rear), new front shock. This have been modified to provide additional front negative camber.
17) Eibach rear sway bar ans bushings
18) Energy suspension bushing throughout the car
19) Braided steel brake lines
20) Carbotech XP12 front pads and XP8 rear pads. These are ok for the street but are intended for the track.
21) Stock 16" wheels with worn Hankook R-S3s (tires will need to be replaced)
22) A set of barely used A048 track tires for use on the 16" rims (tread wear is 60)

EVERYTHING IS INCLUDED IN THE SALE PRICE INCLUDING SPARE PARTS. NOTE THAT THE RPF1 WHEELS PICTURED HAVE ALREADY BEEN SOLD.

The car does have a rebuilt title due to front end damage. I bought it with a rebuilt title and have not had issues with it. The damage was to the driver front corner. The dealer I bought the car from replaced the subframe and the lower control arm on the driver side. I have not had any issues with respect to the accident. I have had this car up to 120 mph on the track with no issues.

The engine has been kept stock for reliability purposes. I have never had a problem with the engine and it runs strong and runs clean. Oil has been changed multiple times a season with Amsoil oil. The same has been done with the transmission.

I have the OH title and OH emissions certificate in hand, ready to sell.

It has been a lot of fun and I really hate to see it go, but it's time to move onto something different. Please let me know if you have any questions. The car has been put away for the winter but is still road legal.

00 Honda S2000 - Summer Fun
sachilles

Re: 2002 Acura RSX Type-S Track/Autocross/Street Car - $6300

Post by sachilles »

I'll vouch for this car being very fast. While the driver deserves plent of credit in the equation, it is a very capable car.
Good luck with the sale.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza sedan made from spare parts (Scrappy)
05 Subaru Legacy GT (Rosie)
02 Subaru impreza Wagon (Mr. the King)
96 Chevy Conversion van (Vango)
honda8790

Re: 2002 Acura RSX Type-S Track/Autocross/Street Car - $6300

Post by honda8790 »

sachilles wrote:I'll vouch for this car being very fast. While the driver deserves plent of credit in the equation, it is a very capable car.
Good luck with the sale.
Thanks Seth.
00 Honda S2000 - Summer Fun