FS: Feeler - 1998 Hyundai Accent former autocross car

Automobile related Items for sale
BLACK03GT

FS: Feeler - 1998 Hyundai Accent former autocross car

Post by BLACK03GT »

Please read the details before passing judgement: :|

1998 Accent, 2 door, 5 speed. Miles unknown at this time...the odometer is accurate and functioning...I just forgot how many are on it...I think it's 125Kish... :oops:

This is a "feeler" for interest.

I used to autocross this car with SCCV, #115...and I had every intention of doing so again in TN, but I can see now that it probably won't happen. I've gotten into motorcycles...moved 1000 miles from home and it's costing me $80 a month to store in a storage unit. I'm attempting to downsize my life at this time due to a number of factors...the main being that I'm looking to buy land in VT and build a small house.

This car was taken to the Solo II nationals in 2007ish(Topeka, KS) and the previous owner was a good friend of mine from VA.

Here's the details:

The good:
Front & Rear strut bars(whiteline from Australia)
Rear sway bar from the same(3-way adjustable with Poly bushings)
Catback installed...2.25"...with either an open (read: LOUD) muffler or stock muffler slip on option on the end(just loosen a clamp...5 min install)
Everything works....as far as I know(more below)
Former turbo car using the Hyundai S-coupe exhaust manifold and turbo(5lb boost) which is now off the car. I did run the car for a few autocrosses and around town after removing the turbo and it ran great. Because it was turboed at one time, it has the Hyundai 2.0L fuel rail and injectors, and a 1:1 RRFPR installed, as well as an oil catch can to receive anything getting past the PCV.
Aftermarket tach installed(no tach from the factory) as well as an oil pressure gauge and boost gauge
K-Sport Coilovers with camber adjustments and dampening(?) adjustment via an allen wrench...not sure of the spring rates but I'm sure I can get them. At the time of parking the car one needed rebuilding but was still functional.
SS brake lines on the front discs, drums in the rear
Car is weight stripped with no rear seats...etc. I have all these if you want them.
Auto X harness - Schrothe Rallye 4pt
There is more I'm forgetting I'm sure.

The really good:
There is an engine MGMT system installed...used for when it was turboed. It comes with the car along with the tuning laptop, software and cord. :coolbeer:
The car comes with FOUR sets of tires.
1: There are the stock 13" pizza cutters on steel wheels.
2: 13x5.5 Enkei panasport replicas, 205/60/13 Yokohama AO48R tires with I'd say 25% tread left. Good all-purpose R comp, good in the wet, heats up quick, good enough for a road course. OE tire on the Lotus Elise. DO NOT RUB AT ALL.
3: 13x7 Rota Ferrari's with 225/50/13 Hoosier R3S04's, about 30% tread left, sticks out of the fenders by about an inch but no rubbing that I detected while lowered after 1 event.
4: Another set of NEVER USED A3S04 Hoosiers - still bound from tirerack...that I never had the chance to use.

I think I might even have some spare 13" summer tires and a few 13" steel rims laying around.

The not so good:
As stated...the car has been in storage since I moved to TN in August of 2009. It's not heated storage...but it's under cover and out of the immediate elements. I have NOT started it since then. When I was installing the turbo I didn't start the motor for about 6 months...and when I did start it it ran perfect. The HLA's weren't too happy but once the oil circulated into the head everything was quiet. I'm sure it would be the same case if I started it now...Hyundai's 1.5L SOHC engines were pretty bulletproof unless you ran them with no oil or broke a timing belt.

I have no pictures at this time. I live in Knoxville, Tennessee currently but will be home(802 will always be "home") June 12-19th and can take some then. I can also arrange to meet anyone In Middlesex to view the car at it's current storage location.

Maybe I'm crazy...but I think someone might be able to turn this into a fun little auto X car again for little effort, especially someone with a truck and trailer who wouldn't have to worry about inspection, which was my biggest reason for not getting to more events.

Let's start the bidding at $1600 and see where it goes from there.

Reply or e-mail hyundaifreak412 at gmail dot com.

Thanks for reading - Matt
SCCV #115
Just call me "ACE"
A.K.A "NEMO!" - Thanks Jeff

2003 Hyundai Accent GT - "Daily Driver"
1998 Hyundai Accent L TURBO!!! - "The Racecar"
1995 Hyundai Accent GL - Parts :twisted:

http://www.hyundaiperformance.com/forums
Elmer Fudd

Re: FS: Feeler - 1998 Hyundai Accent former autocross car

Post by Elmer Fudd »

depending on how things work out on your end might be intrested in the A3S04 Hoosiers, 13's?
sccv# 787
sorry for the spelling
BLACK03GT

Post by BLACK03GT »

I'm on an extended vacation till Sunday so the car can be shown today through Saturday in Middlesex. Also still working on posting pictures.

I'm open to offers...
SCCV #115
Just call me "ACE"

gtivr4

Post by gtivr4 »

If you end up parting the car out, I might be interested in the panasport replicas. I assume they are 4x100? Price?
Nathan Dana
1990 Miata, 1992 Volvo Cow, 1997 Sonoma, 2012 Locost 7
BLACK03GT

Post by BLACK03GT »

Bump and price reduction. I will sell for $1100 w/o the extra tire sets. Car & attached parts only. $1500 for everything.

for those who have shown interest in the rims and or tires...e-mail/msg me directly and we might be able to work out the details.
SCCV #115
Just call me "ACE"