2007 MINI Cooper S - sold

Automobile related Items for sale
brownMINI

2007 MINI Cooper S - sold

Post by brownMINI »

Yes, I haven't been active with the club in far too long, and now I'm moving to San Francisco for a new job and looking to unload a car. Sorry.

My 2007 MINI Cooper S will not be making the trip to California with me. It has been somewhat neglected since the Spring because I bought a Scion FR-S and have been driving that for the Spring and Summer. As a result, the brake rotors on the MINI are in desperate need of replacement. I plan on doing that, but time is tight with my move out west.

The MINI is yellow with a black roof, and has 62,210 miles on it. It is very lightly optioned with only the sports package (17" wheels and xenon headlights), the sports leather steering wheel, and rear fog lamp. It has a cloth interior. The most notable things that the car doesn't have are it does not have a sunroof and it does not have cruise control.

It has been driven in the winter, but there is no rust currently visible on the body. I have a second set of 16" alloy wheels with studded Nokian Hakka 7's with one winter on them. It also has the factory roof rack with two bike carriers (one fork mount and one frame mount) and a 6 ski / 2 snowboard carrier. All of that is included with the car.

It is stock - no aftermarket performance parts. The air intake / throttle body has been replaced with an updated factory part that is less prone to having condensation freeze and jam the throttle body. The timing chain tensioner / guides / chain / etc have been replaced with redesigned parts twice now, most recently at 61,011 miles. This is a known problem with the 2007 Cooper S. Hopefully this latest timing chain tensioner is a solution for the problem - it is the most recent revision of the tensioner. At 61,011 miles the valve cover gasket, oil pan gasket, vacuum pump gasket, and battery were also replaced (all of the service items recommended by MINI of Burlington).

The windshield washer fluid reservoir does have a leak in it when more than half a gallon of fluid is poured in. Replacing the reservoir is a much more labor intensive job than it should be, so I have not had that done.

If you're interested, let me know via email or phone at: eight oh too, three four three, one five eight six. I'm flying out to San Francisco on September 8, but the car is staying (somewhere) in the Burlington area...
Last edited by brownMINI on Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
brownMINI

Re: 2007 MINI Cooper S - 62k miles - $11k

Post by brownMINI »

Oops, I left out that it is a 6 speed manual transmission car.
brownMINI

Re: 2007 MINI Cooper S - sold

Post by brownMINI »

Sold