1990 Miata, w/ Hardtop, Any Interest?

Automobile related Items for sale
mjmurray

1990 Miata, w/ Hardtop, Any Interest?

Post by mjmurray »

Classic Red w/ Hardtop. Low Miles (~78K)

I’ve had this car for just over 10 years; it was bequeathed to me by my mother (who was the proverbial little old lady). Since I have owned it, I’ve put on less then 5K miles, and has been stored winters (it’s barely seen rain).

It is my tinkering in the garage toy, and was very gently prepared for autocross. (it has only been to ~6 events, and I’m not a very aggressive driver). Every modification that I have made, if feasible has been designed to be reversed should you want to return to stock. I have most all of the original parts where applicable.

Last year, I was considering a turbo/IRTB setup so I had the car Dyno’d at VEMS, where it pulled very strong 100s (have PDF if you’d like). This was before installing the header-back exhaust, so I would suspect it’s minimally higher now. I think the test shows that this little engine is strong as-is, but also ready to be further modded, should that be your desire.

In 2012(ish), I replaced the front fenders, and had the sills brought back to metal (using BTDT panels) by AutoBahn Auto works. While I wouldn’t use the original sill jack points, the body is strong and rust free. The Paint is good for it’s age but the plastics are starting to fade. Front and rear bumpers will hold a shine for about a week after polishing.

Modifications:
  • FM Big Brake Kit.
    HardDog HardCore “M1” Double Diagonal Roll Bar
    Racing Beat Front Tubular Swaybar and EndLinks (I have original)
    FM VMaxx ‘Classic’ Coil-Overs (NB for NA) (I have original shocks)
    Complete Poly Bushings.
    Sparco Sprint V Racing Seat/Sparco Sliders/Goodwin Seat Bracket (designed to be swapped in and out with original seat bolts, no holes in pan, and seat fits car with no modification, I’m 5’9,” fat, and short legged and I can both pass the broom test and fit into this seat.).
    Scroth 6pt Cam-Lock Harness (fits eyebolts welded to the Goodwin Seat Bracket above, no holes in pan).
    Racing Beat Header, FM Free-Flow Cat, Racing Beat PowerPulse cat back (w/ pre-silencer, this is only a tiny bit more aggressive than stock).
    6UL 15x7.5 Nickel Wheels w/ R888 (205 50/15) Proxies (< 100 Miles)
‘Silly’ Mods (for full disclosure)

I made these when considering IRTBs and was freeing up engine compartment space.
  • Removed Charcoal Filter (still have if desired)
    Removed Cruise Control (engine compartment parts only, have if desired)
    Relocated Washer Fluid behind Firewall (still have original if desired).
This car is a perfect turn-key autocross starter kit, and if you raised the height just a tad, a sporty daily/weekend driver.

I’m posting it here first to get a feel if there is any interest, and get some feedback. It’s currently in storage, but will be available in May. Please feel free to email me with any questions.

$6500 obo.
- Joey Murray

SCCV #531
1990 Mazda Miata