New Autocross site needed. Stowe is not available this year.

Talk about SCCV related topics here!
Dave_G

Re: New Autocross site needed. Stowe is not available this year.

Post by Dave_G »

DaveVT02S wrote:514 area code is Quebec - who's our best "bi-lingual" negotiator/ambassador?
If they are doing business in Vermont, I would bet that they would be adequately fluent in English. I know enough français to order food or find the bathroom, and I'd be willing to help out if needed. But my guess is that their anglais is probably better than my français.
Dave GuertinImage
'90 Miata (summer fun)
'91 BMW 325iX (winter fun) oo=[][]=oo
'04 Mazda 6s wagon (family fun)
Fast_Freddy

Post by Fast_Freddy »

Dave_G wrote:
DaveVT02S wrote:514 area code is Quebec - who's our best "bi-lingual" negotiator/ambassador?
If they are doing business in Vermont, I would bet that they would be adequately fluent in English. I know enough français to order food or find the bathroom, and I'd be willing to help out if needed. But my guess is that their anglais is probably better than my français.
+1 English is the language of business, simple as that. They wont expect anyone to speak French. All anyone will need to do is say Bon Jour and that will cover the prerequisites language wise.
Taiden

Post by Taiden »

What if we move the sand to one section, rallycross on that, and then autocross on the rest of the lot? :mrgreen:
Bmwaddict

Post by Bmwaddict »

I thought it was very interesting when I woke up yesterday morning at the new lodge in Stowe to the sound of screeching tires and loud exhausts. As they brought my car around for me to leave I noticed it even louder. Driving by the parking lot we held the autox in last year I noticed a big course set up with cones and cars racing through it. Hmmm, so I went and took a little closer look. Turns out there was a driving school being held there. I thought we were too noisy for guests? I thought we disturbed the peace? did we get snaked on our spot?
Dave_G

Post by Dave_G »

Huh. A little Googling turned up this: Skid School by Stevens Advanced Driver Training. Maybe they paid more. Maybe it's the corporate connection. Regardless, I think it's water under the bridge, and Stowe is in our past.
Dave GuertinImage
'90 Miata (summer fun)
'91 BMW 325iX (winter fun) oo=[][]=oo
'04 Mazda 6s wagon (family fun)
Fast_Freddy

Post by Fast_Freddy »

Dave_G wrote:Huh. A little Googling turned up this: Skid School by Stevens Advanced Driver Training. Maybe they paid more. Maybe it's the corporate connection. Regardless, I think it's water under the bridge, and Stowe is in our past.
I'm quite friendly with the family that owns/operates Steven's, The Grattons as they are heavily involved in Porsche Club Activities. Not that it will change anything but I'll ask Steve Gratton when I see him next week at a DE (Drivers Education) next weekend at NHMS whats going on with their event.
opt_ms3

Post by opt_ms3 »

nevermind....
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

Spoke with Devil's bowl today. Paving equipment is on site. There were going to start today, but the rain changed their plans. Said it will likely start tomorrow, and may even be on wcax news.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza sedan made from spare parts (Scrappy)
05 Subaru Legacy GT (Rosie)
02 Subaru impreza Wagon (Mr. the King)
96 Chevy Conversion van (Vango)
8valvegrowl

Post by 8valvegrowl »

\:D/
'99 9.3 - Torquey noodle-mobile.
'08 9.3 SportCombi - Family Wagon.
'87 900 - 8 valves of pure fury.
'91 Legacy AWD - Sold :(
'74 MGBGT - Stage: Welding project.
'87 4Kquattro - Gone, but not forgotten
gtivr4

Post by gtivr4 »

Awesome. Are we a go with them once they are paved and have everything (schedules) figured out?
Nathan Dana
1990 Miata, 1992 Volvo Cow, 1997 Sonoma, 2012 Locost 7