Club meeting site poll

Talk about SCCV related topics here!

Should we consider VT Sports Grill as a new meeting site?

Poll ended at Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:58 pm

Yes
64%
No
29%
More beer please
7%

Total votes: 14

vwcorvette

Club meeting site poll

Post by vwcorvette »

I realize the club has been using Zachery's for some time and it's kinda become a home but I gotta say, I have never been impressed by the food nor the smell. Seriously, it smells funny in there. I was at Vermont Sports Grill (former site of the Hooter's restaurant) enjoying another meal and noticed an area that seemed separate from the rest of the restaurant but not by much. Their food is very good, not expensive, and they have good beer choices which I know is important. So I asked the manager about the space and he said that yes it's for groups or clubs and that a few already use it.

Now, I understand that this group is change averse but think it's time we considered this venue as a new meeting site.

What do you all think? Please vote.

George

:drinkers: :partyman:
Geo

'75 Stingray. AKA, Sasha
(**--**)
'02 Jetta Wgn 1.8T tiptronic. MobyII
\ \=o=/ /
'79 Kawasaki KZ400h
d=~o
STI NICK

Re: Club meeting site poll

Post by STI NICK »

This was talked about not to long ago. I think it was an issue finding a place that had a semi private area to use. Then it died off. I havent been there, but might be willing to give it a shot.
Nick
11 F150 ECOBoost
13 Focus ST
04 Volvo XC70
gtivr4

Post by gtivr4 »

We used to meet there I think (before it was Hooters). I agree, Zachary's is convenient and its great having our own room, but the food is less than desirable.
Nathan Dana
1990 Miata, 1992 Volvo Cow, 1997 Sonoma, 2012 Locost 7
MX5 Driver
SCCV Webmaster
SCCV Webmaster

Post by MX5 Driver »

gtivr4 wrote:but the food is less than desirable.
Com'on they got the best tater wedges in town! :P
Tim W.
SCCV #72
Rabbit Farmer
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

I really like the fact the Zachary's has a private meeting room for our meetings... at now cost.

We had meetings at a performance shop in Williston... plenty of room to sit, but no food/drinks.

We have had meetings at the Ground Round in the past (pre-renovation) wherein we had the upper deck portion in the back of the room. We had a problem wherein we were making too much noise for the rest of the restruant.

We tried the Lincoln Inn... I think there was a cost. (maybe?) Food was expensive. It was upstairs.
Steve #702
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
It takes hundreds of nuts to hold a car together, but it takes only one of them to scatter it all over the highway. - Evan Esar
gtivr4

Post by gtivr4 »

MX5 Driver wrote:
gtivr4 wrote:but the food is less than desirable.
Com'on they got the best tater wedges in town! :P
Is that a good thing? ;)
Nathan Dana
1990 Miata, 1992 Volvo Cow, 1997 Sonoma, 2012 Locost 7
vwcorvette

Post by vwcorvette »

Vt Sports Grill is no charge, but it is not completely private. I don't think we can be loud enough for the rest of the place given the layout of the restaurant. I bring this up cause I like their food choices a lot and again it doesn't have a funky smell.

I would be willing to investigate this further if the club wishes which is why I added the poll to see what the people were thinking.
Geo

'75 Stingray. AKA, Sasha
(**--**)
\ \=o=/ /
'79 Kawasaki KZ400h
d=~o
DaveP189

Post by DaveP189 »

I really like the fact the Zachary's has a private meeting room for our meetings... at no cost.
Agreed - George, have they remodeled 'substantially' since Hooter's? (I haven't been in since it became VTSG) The area I think you speak of is a shortcut to the bathrooms, etc. :waiting:
vwcorvette wrote:I would be willing to investigate this further if the club wishes...
I smell a committee chair volunteer (pun intended :wink: ).
More beer please
:beer2: It IS a choice - somebody had to pick it...
Dave P. #189 '02 MINI CooperS+ "Elphie"
"People who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music." -unknown
lwheelock

Post by lwheelock »

I had lunch there about 2 months after they opened and was very very unimpressed with the taste of their food, but i understand that is always subject to change.

I would suggest if the club want to make a move like this we do a test run in say February or March which are typically months with lower attendance, and will give plenty of time to warn people that we are trying new places and they need to watch the forums to find out where the meeting will be that month.

Also if we are going to shop for a new venue are there other locations people would suggest that again meet the above mentioned criteria - see RabbitFarmers post.
Laura
'11 FORD F150
'05 Legacy GT
'04 Swedish Minivan aka XC70
'04 STI when I'm allowed!
vwcorvette

Post by vwcorvette »

I don't know if 13 makes a quorum but I will check with the ownership/ mngmt to see what is involved.
Geo

'75 Stingray. AKA, Sasha
(**--**)
\ \=o=/ /
'79 Kawasaki KZ400h
d=~o