Roll Bars in open cars at AX

Talk about SCCV related topics here!
Mr. Bridgestone

Re: Roll Bars in open cars at AX

Post by Mr. Bridgestone »

As a side note, the meeting where the discussion and vote took place was pretty well attended. Numerous convertible owners were present. A long and productive discussion (and somewhat heated at times) took place. The proposed rule change was proposed, and voted upon. It was passed by a vote of something like 20-1. The Secretary could fill in the exact vote tally.

We could have a discussion here in the forums, however, not all forum participants are members. I would suggest that if we want to change the new rule, we discuss it here and get it on the agenda for a future meeting. We can always make any changes then.

Additionally, the Board met prior to the meeting and discussed ALL viable options. They came to the membership at that meeting and brought it up for discussion. There was nothing hidden.

Topics for monthly meetings are rarely discussed ahead of time, we should try and get better at this. Perhaps we can post up a Monthly Meeting Proposed Topics Thread each month and allow MEMBERS to propose topics ahead of time. I'm not sure of the exact rules, but we must have an allowance for voting by proxy, if necessary...

That is the end of my Board Advisor rant. :D
SCCV # 71
2016 Ford Fiesta ST / ARRIVED
2003 Mini Cooper S / SOLD
1990 Mazda Miata / Mariner Blue / SOLD
2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon / SOLD
P.C.R. Jaguar 80cc Shifter Kart / SOLD
gtivr4

Post by gtivr4 »

Can we also have a followup in that thread or in a separate thread that says what was decided if anything at the meeting? If t weren't for this thread, I would have had no clue as to the rule change. Heck, I didn't even know it was being discussed (not that I am that active). Sometimes it feels like the ONLY way to know whats happening in the club is to go to the meetings. Thats not always possible for everyone in the club, so its important that things be published to the site (not just the forums) in a timely manner as well.

/end inactive member rant ;)
Nathan Dana
1990 Miata, 1992 Volvo Cow, 1997 Sonoma, 2012 Locost 7
vwcorvette

Post by vwcorvette »

gtivr4 wrote:Can we also have a followup in that thread or in a separate thread that says what was decided if anything at the meeting? If t weren't for this thread, I would have had no clue as to the rule change. Heck, I didn't even know it was being discussed (not that I am that active). Sometimes it feels like the ONLY way to know whats happening in the club is to go to the meetings. Thats not always possible for everyone in the club, so its important that things be published to the site (not just the forums) in a timely manner as well.

/end inactive member rant ;)

This is all I was trying to convey. A process for members (regardless of how active) to be informed, be able to make contributions, and have the opportunity to vote on changes. Nothing more. This is how we did the car classification changes. And that was pretty involved. I mean no slight to anyone, nor do I take the rule change personally. I just want us to be sure that we take actions with the entire membership considered.

Nick, You are a conscientious and considerate person. You take this club seriously and always have. Please don't think for a minute that I have an issue with you cause I don't.

Any way that an agenda can be sent out when the meeting notification goes out?

George
Geo

'75 Stingray. AKA, Sasha
(**--**)
'02 Jetta Wgn 1.8T tiptronic. MobyII
\ \=o=/ /
'79 Kawasaki KZ400h
d=~o
BugEyeRex
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Post by BugEyeRex »

George, an tentative agenda list before the meeting is a good idea. I will try to start an agenda thread started 1 week before a meeting to give everyone a heads up on what we will discuss and offer other peoples thoughts on what other items can be added to the agenda. If I forget please someone remind me. :axe:

The board decided to meet, discuss and bring a few ideas of a rule change to prevent injury to the the following meeting so that the rule(s) could be implemented at the next event. The calendar is what created the haste. Issue on 5/1, board meeting on 5/11, club meeting on 5/17, next event effected on 6/4 with an SLMP in between. If the discussion started from scratch, I felt there would be to many directions to head in and decide in time for the next event. Could we have been better about informing everyone about the rule, yes. unfortunately that can happen when you have volunteers.

There is nothing preventing us from discussing and improving this rule.

I have one last footnote that is not directed at any specific person just something I have noticed with other clubs: We always can use more volunteers to do things, no matter how small. This helps spread the load and makes a more informed membership.
Chris SCCV #169

93 Blue Impreza Wrx conversion (toy)
02 Blue WRX Wagon (toy)
98 Green Civic 4dr (basic transport)
08 Red GTI 4dr (toy when given permission from the boss)