Harness Group Buy?

Talk about SCCV related topics here!
Dave_G

Re: Harness Group Buy?

Post by Dave_G »

Rabbit Farmer wrote:I noticed that only the SFI belts are pull up...... or am I missing something.
Nope. You're not missing anything. I don't know why G-Force does this. I went through the same thing when I got my previous harnesses (which just expired). As others have noted, the pull-down lap belts are a PITA, at least with the small selection of racing seats that I've used them with. On the other hand, because the pull-down belts get the FIA (and SFI) rating, they expire in five years instead of two years. (The pull-up belts only have the SFI rating, and expire in two years.) That's a lot of harnesses you end up not having to buy, even if they are a PITA.

I prefer the pull-up belts, but I buy the pull-down ones anyway because I'm cheap, and have learned to live with them.
Dave GuertinImage
'90 Miata (summer fun)
'91 BMW 325iX (winter fun) oo=[][]=oo
'04 Mazda 6s wagon (family fun)
ryed
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Post by ryed »

OK, so we're up to 11 committed harnesses, and 3 outstanding maybe buyers thus far. Since we only need 1 of those maybes to commit in order to get the 17.5% + 3% discount (we're at 15% + 3% right now). I'll wait to hear "yes" or "no".

I just sent the vendor an email with a question about a harness, and updated him on our numbers. I had thought that everyone would write a check payable to SafeDrives. Here is what he said:

"The payment and order must come from you in one check as one payment and one shipping address. I cannot deal with one of the multiple cheques being bad and ruining it for everyone. At this discount level I need to keep the order very simple."

So hopefully everybody is OK with this. My plan would be to wait until all checks are in, deposit them @ once, and then submit the order with one check from me after all checks clear.
1991 Alpine White GTI VRT "Polar Express"
2012 Ford F150 Ecoboost "Tullibee"
2017 VW Alltrack "Betty White"
"Never run out of real estate, traction and ideas at the same time" - Unknown
Jim EvoX

Post by Jim EvoX »

Erik,

Would you take PayPal "gifts" in lieu of a check? I can send a check, but was thinking PayPal might be simpler and faster. Whatever works easier for you is fine with me.

Thanks,

Jim
ryed
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Post by ryed »

Check would be better, and since I'll be getting 9+ checks, timing isn't as critical.

I'll let everyone know what they owe after all commitments are in, and the final discount is confirmed with the vendor.
AdrenlinHit

Post by AdrenlinHit »

Put me in for one definitely!

G-Force Pro Series GF-6000 Latch & Link 5 Point Harness Set - SFI 16.1 Certified
$69.99 before discount
Color: RED

Are you absolutely certain the "pull-up" style is only valid for 2 years?
If the "pull-down" style is valid for 5, I'll take that.

No time limit for me really, just as long as I can have it before the Hillclimb season.

Once we get the final price with discount just please email me the address to send the check.

Thank you!!

-Winston
WinstonC.Hale@gmail.com
Dave_G

Post by Dave_G »

AdrenlinHit wrote:Are you absolutely certain the "pull-up" style is only valid for 2 years?
Yup. It's like this:

FIA: 5-year certification
SFI: 2-year certification

The certification is stitched onto the belt, so it'll say something like "valid through 2018" or "valid through 2015". (In the case of harnesses with both certifications, they have both dates on them, so if a tech inspector is looking them over, make sure they look at the later date!)

For reasons that escape me, G-Force harnesses carry both certifications for their pull-down belts, but SFI only for the pull-up belts.

As someone said earlier, some manufacturers of SFI-rated harnesses might reweb them for you after two years, but I'm pretty sure G-Force doesn't do that.

On another note, I was just looking again at the G-Force harnesses on safedrives.com, and it says "Sorry, this product is not currently available." Izzat true??
Dave GuertinImage
'90 Miata (summer fun)
'91 BMW 325iX (winter fun) oo=[][]=oo
'04 Mazda 6s wagon (family fun)
ryed
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Post by ryed »

Dave_G wrote:
AdrenlinHit wrote:Are you absolutely certain the "pull-up" style is only valid for 2 years?
On another note, I was just looking again at the G-Force harnesses on safedrives.com, and it says "Sorry, this product is not currently available." Izzat true??
It is my understanding that he will place an order with G-Force based on our order.
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

Dave, just the description detail is not available. The vendor is one I've dealt with before with great success, but his website could use a little work. He's very responsive by email.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza sedan made from spare parts (Scrappy)
05 Subaru Legacy GT (Rosie)
02 Subaru impreza Wagon (Mr. the King)
96 Chevy Conversion van (Vango)
BugEyeRex
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Post by BugEyeRex »

Winston- Only the camlock pull down are FIA certified (5yrs), the latch links are not. Gforce does have a reweb program...with a latch link harness it costs $55 + the cost to ship to them. It was better for me to by a new latch link set.
Chris SCCV #169

93 Blue Impreza Wrx conversion (toy)
02 Blue WRX Wagon (toy)
98 Green Civic 4dr (basic transport)
08 Red GTI 4dr (toy when given permission from the boss)
ryed
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Post by ryed »

I'm now keeping the original post updated with numbers. Hoping to get a final list to the vendor by the end of the week to confirm costs, and then request checks from you guys.