Harness Group Buy?

Talk about SCCV related topics here!
ryed
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Harness Group Buy?

Post by ryed »

Wondering how many people (if any) might be in the market for new harnesses. If there are multiples, I'd like to approach a vendor or 2 to see if they would entertain a group buy...

Updated Numbers: We have 13 commitments which = 17.5% + 3% discount. There are 4 "maybe" buyers that have expressed interest.

The next, and final level of discount would be if we hit 16, which = 20% + 3% discount.

More details and other discounted items:

1. I can extend the harness discount scale to everything at safedrives.com, with a few exceptions.
a. Head and Neck Restraints. If you can order 2 or more Head and Neck Restraints http://safedrives.com/products.asp?cat=82 I can discount a maximum of 10% off per device. This does not apply to Rent to Own, that program is awesome all by itself.
b. Roll Cages; we have two manufacturers we offer roll cages from. S&W = 0% discount, sorry but we make almost nothing on these. Autopower I can discount 10% for any Roll Bar or Cage ordered. If two or more Autopower kits are ordered then Safe Drives will also pay the shipping fee for the Autopower shipment.

2. All of the safety harnesses that Safe Drives offer are SFI Certified and all of the harnesses Safe Drives offers will work with Head and Neck Restraints.

3. Gforce nets will follow the discount scale for the harness order. Simpson / Safety Solutions nets will get a 10% discount.

4. Seats for 17.5% off!!

If your interested, feel free to PM me or call my cell: Eight Zero Two, 279, Seven One 98
1991 Alpine White GTI VRT "Polar Express"
2012 Ford F150 Ecoboost "Tullibee"
2017 VW Alltrack "Betty White"
"Never run out of real estate, traction and ideas at the same time" - Unknown
ryed
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Re: Harness Group Buy?

Post by ryed »

So far I have at least 5 potential harness buyers, possibly 8. I'll wait a week or so before contacting vendors. Let me know if your interested!
Rabbit Farmer
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

I might have to replace one of my harnesses this year (passenger side).

Are you looking at FIA belts or SFI? I plan to replace my SFI belt with FIA as it gets more life for the money; yes, the initial purchase cost is more, but the expiration date is much later.
Steve #702
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
It takes hundreds of nuts to hold a car together, but it takes only one of them to scatter it all over the highway. - Evan Esar
ryed
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Post by ryed »

Not sure yet. My goal was to find a vendor that sells both, and would offer a % off their retail price regardless of style, brand or certification. It's probably a long-shot, but worth a little effort I suppose.

From what I've read, SFI-rated harnesses are required to be replaced every 2-3 years. FIA-rated belts expire after 5 years. The FIA-rated belts are more expensive because they have to import them from Europe. They cannot realistically be re-webbed, so after 5-years, throw them away or sell them on flebay to some ricer. With SFI-rated belts, you can get them re-webbed usually for a cost of about $55-65. This way you get a brand new set of webbing every 2-3 years. You pay less up front and about the same in the long run, but you get fresher belts along the way. This is why I am leaning towards SFI-rated belts.

That being said, I by no means declare myself an authority or expert... So any opinions and/or suggestions are welcomed...
ryed
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Post by ryed »

UPDATE: I've connected with the owner of http://www.safedrives.com Thanks Seth for the connection.

Since people are likley to want different things, here is what he has offered:

"Hello Erik,

Thank you for your email. This is something I can help on.

4 Harnesses = 10% Discount
8 Harnesses = 15% Discount
12 Harnesses = 17.5% Discount
16+ Harnesses = 20% Discount

An extra 3% Discount can be taken for mailing us a check for payment though, we are happy to have your credit card payment as well.

This discount does not apply to head and neck restraints. For that product line we do offer the Rent to Own program and used devices at a discount. http://safedrives.com/products.asp?cat=82"

" Thank you again for your emails. There will not be any shipping, tax or other fees. I can extend the discount to other items like suits, gloves, helmets and roll bar / cage kits."

From the PMs and messages I've received, were between 5-9, so 10-15% discount, plus an extra 3% if we pay by check. I would be willing to collect checks, place the order, and have everything shipped to me, and would bring the harnesses to an SCCV meeting or meet elsewhere.

Go on the website and see if they have something that works for you. If you're in, simply let me know what you want and I'll start a list. I will then send the list to Charles @SafeDrives and confirm pricing, and then request checks prior to placing the order.

Let me know if you are in/out, or have any questions.
Rabbit Farmer
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Thanks for organizing this... great idea. Now, I need to check out my harness to see if *now* is the time to buy.

S
Steve #702
It takes hundreds of nuts to hold a car together, but it takes only one of them to scatter it all over the highway. - Evan Esar
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

Thanks for doing this Erik.

I'm in for 1

G-Force Pro Series GF-C7000 Camlock 5 Point Harness - FIA & SFI Certified Sale = Free shipping!*
option "Pull Down-fia & sfi 7000
Color choice, black preferred. Red or blue are fine if that is what is in stock.

-Seth
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza sedan made from spare parts (Scrappy)
05 Subaru Legacy GT (Rosie)
02 Subaru impreza Wagon (Mr. the King)
96 Chevy Conversion van (Vango)
ryed
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Post by ryed »

sachilles wrote:Thanks for doing this Erik.

I'm in for 1

G-Force Pro Series GF-C7000 Camlock 5 Point Harness - FIA & SFI Certified Sale = Free shipping!*
option "Pull Down-fia & sfi 7000
Color choice, black preferred. Red or blue are fine if that is what is in stock.

-Seth
Thanks, you're on the list. I have an excel spreadsheet going so that I can keep track of everything and make it easy for the vendor.
Rabbit Farmer
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

One option I wish I had selected when getting my last harness was pull down shoulders (what I have), but have pull up lap belts (I have pull down). The issue with the pull down is that it is blocked by a deep pocket race seat.
Steve #702
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

Rabbit Farmer wrote:One option I wish I had selected when getting my last harness was pull down shoulders (what I have), but have pull up lap belts (I have pull down). The issue with the pull down is that it is blocked by a deep pocket race seat.
You can change that around on some them.

Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza sedan made from spare parts (Scrappy)
05 Subaru Legacy GT (Rosie)
02 Subaru impreza Wagon (Mr. the King)
96 Chevy Conversion van (Vango)