Kill switch location

Talk about SCCV related topics here!
sachilles

Re: Kill switch location

Post by sachilles »

Blindfaith wrote:with my rabbit i put it on the drivers fender, and remember something about having to install a diode to actually have the switch kill the car. I also wired in an oilpressure switch to kill the fuel pump relay if there was no oil pressure as a double fail safe to ensure a lack of a race fuel inferno....be there done that.
I was there....I remember. Scared the crap out of me.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza sedan made from spare parts (Scrappy)
05 Subaru Legacy GT (Rosie)
02 Subaru impreza Wagon (Mr. the King)
96 Chevy Conversion van (Vango)
Blindfaith

Post by Blindfaith »

yeah..good times.

in addition to a kill switch a quality fire suit with all the bits is worth every penny even if it is not required for your class. I also would put another fire extinguisher somewhere in the car, those small 2.5lb ers go very quickly.

I still kick myself for not stripping down to nothing but the skivvies and helmet and running around yelling i am on fire.....maybe next time....HELP ME TOM CRUISE
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

Blindfaith wrote:
yeah..good times.

in addition to a kill switch a quality fire suit with all the bits is worth every penny even if it is not required for your class. I also would put another fire extinguisher somewhere in the car, those small 2.5lb ers go very quickly.

I still kick myself for not stripping down to nothing but the skivvies and helmet and running around yelling i am on fire.....maybe next time....HELP ME TOM CRUISE
All I remember is the black smoke in the cabin meant we couldn't see you. The door popped open, then nobody came out. Here we are up on the rock. I hop off with the big fire extinguisher knocking out the radio wire in the process causing me to take a digger. Meanwhile the young marine that was manning the radio was very calm and collected while the other young lady at the check point was jumping around a bit going oh my gawd, oh my gawd. Hate to think what would have happened if that occurred a little farther from a check point......have you seen my fat self run in the last decade? :lol:
Good times. Good times.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza sedan made from spare parts (Scrappy)
05 Subaru Legacy GT (Rosie)
02 Subaru impreza Wagon (Mr. the King)
96 Chevy Conversion van (Vango)