timing equtment.

Talk about SCCV related topics here!
Elmer Fudd

timing equtment.

Post by Elmer Fudd »

hello, so bill king and I ran timeing at the last autox event, neither of us had done this with out someone who had done it before, we got thru the day, even after we had the program crash and the save file was corupt. we ran two cars on track all day, all and all I feel we did a great job, but we had no idea what we were doing. lol there was a file on the computer that basicly told us how to run the program. is there a way I can get a copy of that so I can study it so next time I am better prepared. I think givin a bit of time with the equipment and I could run it much better, and maybe even train others, buy the end of the day I had most of the needed functions figured out, but there was still things I couldn't figure out.
sccv# 787
sorry for the spelling
sachilles

Re: timing equtment.

Post by sachilles »

Why yes there is. I wrote that last week after watching a couple of videos on YouTube.
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=4024
Look at this link and also search youtube for "axware tutorial".
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza sedan made from spare parts (Scrappy)
05 Subaru Legacy GT (Rosie)
02 Subaru impreza Wagon (Mr. the King)
96 Chevy Conversion van (Vango)
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

I can also email the document to you if you give me your email addy.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza sedan made from spare parts (Scrappy)
05 Subaru Legacy GT (Rosie)
02 Subaru impreza Wagon (Mr. the King)
96 Chevy Conversion van (Vango)
Elmer Fudd

Post by Elmer Fudd »

thanks, got it.
sccv# 787
sorry for the spelling
Elmer Fudd

Post by Elmer Fudd »

just a thought. could we make a event called 2013 list. and pre load it with all the pre paid members car numbers and names and then save it? then come the next event we could load it and re save it "save it as" for that event. then you would just have to add the non members.... yes not all members make it to all the events, but it would just show as they didnt make any runs. this way when we have a "axware has experienced a fatal error" and we loose the whole event, and the save file is empty, we dont have to go crazy trying to put all the cars back in while the cars are running. :rolleyes:

the only problem I could for see with that is if a non member wants to use a non raceing members number.... meaning my number is 787 if I was not at a event and someone showed up with my number and wanted to use it, when we type 787 in it will populate my info.... in this case I would just put a letter N prefixing the car number. N787 the N would just stand for non member useing 787, and then you could add there info.

its a bit late right now so if you read that and it makes no sense I can enplane in person sometime.
sccv# 787
sorry for the spelling