New auto-x site to investigate?

Talk about SCCV related topics here!
Dave_G

New auto-x site to investigate?

Post by Dave_G »

Yesterday I was in Ticonderoga, NY and stopped by the Wal-Mart there, and to see who might have moved in to the old Lowe's store next door. The answer: no one. It's still vacant, and has been for at least a couple years now. The parking lot is big, about 450x300 feet, with a little extra space for staging, etc. (For comparison, Stowe was about 700x300, so this is about 2/3 the size of that.) The pavement is in good shape. There are four light poles, but one of them is near the edge, and it looks like there is enough space for the other three to be dealt with without too much difficulty.

Here are a couple of pics:

Has anyone ever looked into this site? It's a bit of haul from northern Vermont, but it's about the same distance as Devil's Bowl -- just across the lake and a little farther north.

The biggest potential problem that I can see is the small neighborhood just behind the store, but the building itself might block some of the noise, and if it were just once in a while, the complaints might not accumulate too quickly.

I'm not sure who is doing this now, or whom one would contact about renting the lot, but considering how much income the lot is generating now (zero), it might not be that difficult a sell for us.
Dave GuertinImage
'90 Miata (summer fun)
'91 BMW 325iX (winter fun) oo=[][]=oo
'04 Mazda 6s wagon (family fun)
Serrilion

Re: New auto-x site to investigate?

Post by Serrilion »

I've done some off the books snow drifting there.... They do keep it plowed in the winter time, and walmart normaly moves there snow over to it.... If we had an idea of using it im sure local law enforcement would be happy to help... I like the idea its a good lot not being used
yea so a guy told me, "I bet I get laid twice as much as you," so I said, "Two times zero is still equal to zero," totally awesome.

#813 Ryan Fitz
pdudley42
SCCV President
SCCV President

Post by pdudley42 »

Me like! Good find Dave.
Paul Dudley #42

There are no accidents; only collisions.
Serrilion

Post by Serrilion »

Another site mite be here in Vergennes, the UTC BFgoodrich.... We have a Big parking lot, normally no one around on Saturday or Sunday. I could talk to out public advisor see if you guys can run here... the lot has a few light poles but the corse could miss them. Anyone wanting to look at it let me know or just punch in 100 Panton RD, Vergennes, vt its the lot to the SE has 0 cars in it on the weekend
yea so a guy told me, "I bet I get laid twice as much as you," so I said, "Two times zero is still equal to zero," totally awesome.

#813 Ryan Fitz
Jim EvoX

Post by Jim EvoX »

Serrilion wrote:Another site mite be here in Vergennes, the UTC BFgoodrich.... We have a Big parking lot, normally no one around on Saturday or Sunday. I could talk to out public advisor see if you guys can run here... the lot has a few light poles but the corse could miss them. Anyone wanting to look at it let me know or just punch in 100 Panton RD, Vergennes, vt its the lot to the SE has 0 cars in it on the weekend
I would be shocked if UTC would say yes. While there are not a lot of people around, it is common to have people working on the weekends, especially on Saturday. And there are houses right next to the parking lot.
Serrilion

Post by Serrilion »

Jim EvoX wrote:
Serrilion wrote:Another site mite be here in Vergennes, the UTC BFgoodrich.... We have a Big parking lot, normally no one around on Saturday or Sunday. I could talk to out public advisor see if you guys can run here... the lot has a few light poles but the corse could miss them. Anyone wanting to look at it let me know or just punch in 100 Panton RD, Vergennes, vt its the lot to the SE has 0 cars in it on the weekend
I would be shocked if UTC would say yes. While there are not a lot of people around, it is common to have people working on the weekends, especially on Saturday. And there are houses right next to the parking lot.
Currently after I posted this they started a Natural gas line project, now even car show events can't be held as they have the parking lots all marked up with Dig Safe lines. lol... so Right you are

#813 Ryan Fitz