diamond run mall

Talk about SCCV related topics here!
BugEyeRex
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

diamond run mall

Post by BugEyeRex »

It looks like the Diamond Run Mall has lost a second anchor store. First Sears and then JCPennys. I know it is a distance from us northern members. I wonder if it is worth checking out as an autox sight for a couple of events. Is there anyone down in the Rutland area that could look at pavement quality and see if there is open space without poles and curbs?
Chris SCCV #169

93 Blue Impreza Wrx conversion (toy)
02 Blue WRX Wagon (toy)
98 Green Civic 4dr (basic transport)
08 Red GTI 4dr (toy when given permission from the boss)
pdudley42
SCCV President
SCCV President

Re: diamond run mall

Post by pdudley42 »

I saw this on the news the other day too. It looks like JC Penny is in the middle of the parking lot, so it appears we did not gain an unused corner of the lot. That said, it is a huge parking lot that is absolutely worth looking into. They may be more open to us with their current situation.

Locals??
Paul Dudley #42

There are no accidents; only collisions.
BugEyeRex
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Post by BugEyeRex »

Last time I was in that mall was about 2 yrs ago and there were very few stores in it. I would think there must be some space.
Chris SCCV #169

02 Blue WRX Wagon (toy)
WRX97

Post by WRX97 »

I can go have a look into it this weekend, how big of a space are we looking for?
#41 Sam R
2012 Subaru WRX
Serrilion

Post by Serrilion »

Used to know the mall manager ill can always go see if they are still intrested... im sure we could section off 1/2 of it... just be prepared to get some GOOD advertisement in
yea so a guy told me, "I bet I get laid twice as much as you," so I said, "Two times zero is still equal to zero," totally awesome.

#813 Ryan Fitz
Serrilion

Post by Serrilion »

Also a friend brought up the High school parking lot of Mt.Abe, has anyone ever tried there? they have 3 big lots that we may beable to do something with, Friend said the school board and school are always looking for a way to promote safe driving off the street vs on it.
yea so a guy told me, "I bet I get laid twice as much as you," so I said, "Two times zero is still equal to zero," totally awesome.

#813 Ryan Fitz
pdudley42
SCCV President
SCCV President

Post by pdudley42 »

Basically we need the biggest space we can get; one that has little to no light poles or curbs in irregular places.
If you look on google earth and see how big the parking lot at Sugarbush Lincoln Peak is, know that we made a fun event out of that space.
If you know the mall manager there, that could possibly be the in we need. We just need someone to not care in our favor rather than against it. If they are interested...even better!
Paul Dudley #42

There are no accidents; only collisions.
WRX97

Post by WRX97 »

Looked at the mall parking lot yesterday, there's no space without light poles, so it wouldn't exactly be safe to run an event :(
#41 Sam R
2012 Subaru WRX
BugEyeRex
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Post by BugEyeRex »

Bummer. Thanks for taking a look.
Chris SCCV #169

02 Blue WRX Wagon (toy)
Serrilion

Post by Serrilion »

Besides the Highschool in bristol, Hinesburg CCV school was brought to my attention as well.... I keep looking for other places as I drive around.

#813 Ryan Fitz