Winter Autocross 2/11-12

ryed
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Winter Autocross 2/11-12

Post by ryed »

Sports Car Club of Vermont is pleased to announce it's first official Winter Autocross the weekend of February 11th and 12th @ Kenyon's field, behind Kenyon's variety store, Rt 100 Waitsfield, VT.

Please join Sports Car Club of Vermont for our first ever Wintercross event. Wintercross is an autocross on snow and ice. Attendees will drive on a course created by traffic cones. This is a trial event for SCCV, and therefore not part of our normal summer autocross point season.
We will be using our ice time trial rule set for this event. We will allow DOT studded tires, but sorry no super studs. If the tire is legal for the road, it's legal for the event. We do not allow high center of gravity vehicles including SUV's and trucks. Please contact a board member if you believe your vehicle to be on the fringe of those standards. The goal being to reduce roll over risks and keep all entrants safe. Cars will be required to pass a technical inspection, and helmets are required in accordance to the standards for a sccv autocross(m or sa 2000 or newer).

We will be using stopwatches for timing rather than our traditional timing system, as the timing system will not function correctly in this environment. Course is subject to change during the event. Should the course change, we will modify scoring to address the issue if needed. Scoring will be a second priority to having a safe fun event.

Pre-registration is available @ http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/ ... 4FBB174C7C

Pricing:
We encourage you to pre-register. Your rates if you pre-register are:
Member rate, $30 for one day, $40 for both days.
Non member rate is $60 for the weekend(but it includes a free membership to SCCV, a $20 value)

Day of the event registration:
Members $40/day $60 for the weekend
Non members $50 day (if you want to do both days, it's be cheaper for you to buy a membership).

We extend member rates to KSSC, SCCNH, and CMC.

This is a new site to us, and we'd like to continue to have access to it. Please be good stewards of the area. Pack out anything that you brought on to the site, we need to leave as clean as we found it. Course will be in an area of about 350' by 750'. There will also be ample pit areas. Plan for cold weather, and plan to be outside. Drivers will be expected to work portions of the event. If you can either arrive early to help setup or stay late to break down the event, it would be very much appreciated.
Schedule:
8am Registration and Tech open
10am First car on course
12:30 Break for lunch
1:15 resume from lunch.
4pm last car on course.
4:01 Break down course/pack up.

We need to fill the gaps on assignments. Let me know if you're willing to help out, and I'll update this post.

Chair: Paul D.
Tech: Steve (possibly Saturday only)
Tech: Larson (both days)
Worker Coordinator:
Timing: Alex (Both Days)
Timing:

Hope to see you there.
1991 Alpine White GTI VRT "Polar Express"
2012 Ford F150 Ecoboost "Tullibee"
2017 VW Alltrack "Betty White"
"Never run out of real estate, traction and ideas at the same time" - Unknown
EVT_Dan

Re: Winter Autocross 2/11-12

Post by EVT_Dan »

Could you give a little description of the terrain ?
Like is it a plowed field with long grass underneath, or is it a plowed dirt parking lot ?
Thanks, just trying to see if my car is going to be suitable, or if it'll need a little work.
ryed
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Post by ryed »

It it is a huge hay field that is used regularly in the summer for various events (craft shows, horse shows, touch-a-truck) to name a few. The ground is nice and firm in the summer, and frozen solid right now.

Paul Dudley and a few other folks are going to drive out onto the field this evening and will likely report in on his findings.
1991 Alpine White GTI VRT "Polar Express"
2012 Ford F150 Ecoboost "Tullibee"
2017 VW Alltrack "Betty White"
"Never run out of real estate, traction and ideas at the same time" - Unknown
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

Field is very smooth. You shouldn't need a large amount of ground clearance. IE, the average miata would likely be fine, given suitable tires for traction.
If your car was ready for ice time trials, this would be about the same......except no risk of finding an ice fishing hole.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza sedan made from spare parts (Scrappy)
05 Subaru Legacy GT (Rosie)
02 Subaru impreza Wagon (Mr. the King)
96 Chevy Conversion van (Vango)
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

SCCV'ers please do your best to share this event info on web forums you visit frequently. There is a fairly short time to promote this event. We'd love to have it be a success, and we need your help to spread the word.
Sachilles
Larson

Post by Larson »

I posted something in the NER rallycross forum and on Dubsnorth.

Should be a lot of fun :drive1:
autoholic

Post by autoholic »

So as a non member I guess I have to reg for both days? Motorsport reg has entry for individual days only to members.

There is a test and tune/rallycross on the 12th at team Oneil, I just reg'd for that not knowing about this. Oh well, always wanted to check that place out, but probably would have just done this both days instead.

Should be fun!

Mark
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

autoholic wrote:So as a non member I guess I have to reg for both days? Motorsport reg has entry for individual days only to members.

There is a test and tune/rallycross on the 12th at team Oneil, I just reg'd for that not knowing about this. Oh well, always wanted to check that place out, but probably would have just done this both days instead.

Should be fun!

Mark
You can buy a membership and do a one day pre-registration which will net you a $50 outlay. It'll just require you to do your membership separately(old fashion mail in or drop off at a board members house).
Honestly, if you plan on doing another event with us in 2012, you'll be saving on entry fees by being a member by your second event.
Sachilles
autoholic

Post by autoholic »

OK, sounds good. Does SCCV membership mean any discounts for Hillclimb?
Starting to wish I did not enter the Team Oneil thing on Sunday, since it would have saved alot of $$/time. Oh well, should be fun.
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

autoholic wrote:OK, sounds good. Does SCCV membership mean any discounts for Hillclimb?
Starting to wish I did not enter the Team Oneil thing on Sunday, since it would have saved alot of $$/time. Oh well, should be fun.
Yes, we are one of the three member clubs of NEHA. SCCV membership grants you member rates at any neha hillclimb.
Sachilles