6/30 Devils Bowl Autocross

Aczwild

Re: 6/30 Devils Bowl Autocross

Post by Aczwild »

Chris,

I have the clipboards with the times, reg forms, etc, the inverter, the power cord for the timing board, and the battery (its on my charger). Let me know where you might want it dropped off.

Thanks guys for a fun day, it was good watching all you go round
'11 Impreza STI - Stupid fun
'98 Impreza RS - The Autox'er
pdudley42
SCCV President
SCCV President

Post by pdudley42 »

Yup, all in all that was a fun and successful day of laps at Devil's Bowl.
Huge thanks to all who volunteered their time to smooth out the rough spots.
Workers did great. Lots of cones to shag on this course, and we rarely had to interrupt the flow of traffic to deal with a down cone. Especially good on a really hot day. Nice work! By the way it was John Hart who brought the extra easy-ups, so all the course-workin gingers should thank him.
This is a good time to mention that I will not be there for July's autocross. So if anyone wants to step forward and chair the event and/or handle course design, let us know. Also, historically SCCV has had lots of help from the membership, not just the board members. Many of the current board have family and work obligations keeping us from our usual level of commitment, so if you want to be more involved, let us know. It can be running timing, registration, worker coordinator, club trailer hauling, etc. One thing that is overlooked too often is publicity. This event was an excellent success despite us not being proactive with publicizing it. The real answer here is for everyone to do what they can. Do you work with some gearheads? Let em know! Do you live near a store that sells non-ethanol premium? Does it have a message board out front? Put up a sign! Do you insist on showing video of your fun runs from the last event to anyone who will watch it? Good, keep it up!...and don't forget to post the best one here.
Thanks everybody for helping us to keep using this site by giving the owner our money.
Paul Dudley #42

There are no accidents; only collisions.
ryed
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Post by ryed »

Thanks to all that attended and stepped up to make this autocross a success. BIG thanks to board members Chris Reilly (President) & Nick Wheelock (Treasurer) for coming down early JUST to bring the trailer down and help set up and get timing operational. Big thanks to Jon (Aczwild) for coming JUST to work the event. Timing went flawlessly, Thanks Jon! And thanks to board member Seth Achilles (Publicity Director) for coming down JUST to ensure everything was running smoothly. And as usual, a BIG thanks to board member Paul Dudley (Event Coordinator) for chairing the event, designing the course, instructing, and making everyone smile.

I’m usually one of the first to arrive and last to leave, but had to depart early today due to childcare issues. Thanks to everyone that stayed until the end to pack up and leave Devil’s Bowl better than we found it. We’re lucky to have a consistent site, let’s make sure we have use of it for years to come.

There is a theme developing that needs to change… Today everything pulled together in the end, but we need more people to step up behind the scenes to ensure these events continue to thrive. We shouldn’t have to rely on members coming to an event just to help set up, or work the entire event without driving. It’s time for some newer members to step up to the plate to help organize and run the autocross series. Next month will be the first Devil’s Bowl event EVER that Paul Dudley hasn’t been available to chair/course design. Pretty awesome that Paul has been there for all of us, but at the same time, we can’t assume that these events will just magically come together.

Come one, come all, step up and help the SCCV thrive. We need a few (or more) good men &/or women. Post, email, PM, text, call, smoke-signal :3gears: any board member to discuss how to help ensure this autocross series continues to thrive. :drive1:
1991 Alpine White GTI VRT "Polar Express"
2012 Ford F150 Ecoboost "Tullibee"
2017 VW Alltrack "Betty White"
"Never run out of real estate, traction and ideas at the same time" - Unknown
STI NICK

Post by STI NICK »

I will grab the laptop from Charlie on Monday afternoon, so the results should in the early part of the week.
Nick
11 F150 ECOBoost
13 Focus ST
04 Volvo XC70
pdudley42
SCCV President
SCCV President

Post by pdudley42 »

Results are up!!! Click Here!!
Paul Dudley #42

There are no accidents; only collisions.
mjmurray

Post by mjmurray »

Folks,

Sorry to be a DNS on 6/30... I was stuck in Chicago on my way back home from Denver, and didn't get home until way late on Friday.

I'm up for any additional responsibilities/roles that you wish to throw at me!
- Joey Murray

SCCV #531
1990 Mazda Miata
STI NICK

Post by STI NICK »

mjmurray wrote:Folks,

Sorry to be a DNS on 6/30... I was stuck in Chicago on my way back home from Denver, and didn't get home until way late on Friday.

I'm up for any additional responsibilities/roles that you wish to throw at me!
Your next task is to show up at the next one and have fun. Dammit!!! :drive1:

Sucks when life gets in the way of fun.
Nick
11 F150 ECOBoost
13 Focus ST
04 Volvo XC70