2014 Autocross Results

Serrilion

Re: 2014 Autocross Results

Post by Serrilion »

Well I know $1500 is alot of cash, But I would be willing to fork over some $$$ if others were so we could make our lifes a bit simpler hopefully :)

As for the Classing I've just had alot of people ask me what does my car do and such what class do I start in.. so Far if never run Novice, after that... is the part were im personally lost haha...

then again im there to have nothing but fun and well run the slowest times :axe:
yea so a guy told me, "I bet I get laid twice as much as you," so I said, "Two times zero is still equal to zero," totally awesome.

#813 Ryan Fitz
Serrilion

Post by Serrilion »

Think I found the class lettering skeem for 2013 looks pretty legit and very interesting :)

http://scca.cdn.racersites.com/prod/donkey ... cturer.pdf
yea so a guy told me, "I bet I get laid twice as much as you," so I said, "Two times zero is still equal to zero," totally awesome.

#813 Ryan Fitz
opecor
SCCV Treasurer
SCCV Treasurer

Post by opecor »

I'd be willing to help register people. We usually arrive in plenty of time to help out.
Orianna Pecor #29
2006 Mini Cooper S "Shirley"
ricker96

Post by ricker96 »

The biggest problem with cars not being registered in the right class started with a few showing up late and throwing them into the mix on the fly, and everyone has been doing a good job setting up registration, but car classing for the ones in wrong classes they should all be in novice anyways
Ricky Gratton Jr.
SCCV #643
Track car/hillclimb car- Mutant WRX
Summer fun- light blue 1985 RX7
DD- 2001 audi a4 1.8t
Work in progress- red 1991 VW Jetta
BugEyeRex
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Post by BugEyeRex »

If someone points out which ones need to be changed and what to change to, I can make the corrections.
Chris SCCV #169

93 Blue Impreza Wrx conversion (toy)
02 Blue WRX Wagon (toy)
98 Green Civic 4dr (basic transport)
08 Red GTI 4dr (toy when given permission from the boss)
Serrilion

Post by Serrilion »

I think I have an Idea

As mrs operscott said she could help, we could do a Reg Day of / Tech combo.

Basically 2 people walk around to each car and have the driver or drivers fill out the form while the tech looks the car over. Then simply look at the form find what letter / Class the car belongs in unless there Novice or Ladies class or have been in autocross forever .... I know some of you have. Basicly leave it up to the tech and the person collecting the money and reg forms to class the cars.

Most everyone knows the point system + another link I recently found gives cars there stock classes. Only reason I even brought it up is alot of honda and subaru fans have asked me on forums and they have all sorts of swaps and they like to have fun but a few of them get quite competitive. haha

See all of you at the meeting in July or see you on the 19th

I will show up early to help Reg and set up and then proceed to get my butt kicked lol

#813 Ryan Fitz
STI NICK

Post by STI NICK »

Serrilion wrote:Well I know $1500 is alot of cash, But I would be willing to fork over some $$$ if others were so we could make our lifes a bit simpler hopefully :)
I think k if you do a little searching the wireless will create a whole list of problems in itself.

Getting people to learn the equipment we have now, stopping and fixing problems when they come up, better maintenance on equipment, and telling the right people when things are broke so they can be fixed. Will really help with reliability

These were all problems when we first got this equipment and once the above was figured out things worked quite well. The glitches in the software are easy fixes when at events. We just have to be willing to pause while the timing person takes care of it. Which doesn't take long.
Nick
11 F150 ECOBoost
13 Focus ST
04 Volvo XC70
vtwillys

Post by vtwillys »

Well, learning the equipment would be great if there were time to do so... I know last time we had to duct tape a wire to keep the timing going. Is there a way that stuff can be checked out prior to the event? We have experienced dead batteries in the timing lights a few times this year and last.

Car classing sheets in box use letters, we are using numbers 1-8. Not sure registering and tech inspection together would work. It takes time to enter all the names, cars etc into laptop and create a worker list. Not bitching, but under the circumstances things have gone fairly well. I thought upgrading the timing equipment might help smooth things.

If we started using the online registration that could also help. I always used it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
simer
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Post by simer »

I'm guilty of being in the wrong class for the 2nd autox. I should be in class 4 according to the points system.
Most people go through life trying not to die. I go through life making sure I live. - Travis Pastrana

Simon Kribstock, IG: STi_SIMER
#207 -- '95 Subaru STi - Mystic Blue Metallic
Serrilion

Post by Serrilion »

Bah I should be in Novice, but have SCCA shifter Car exp :) so I went with Class 1 being in a Lancer haha... oh well we all had fun, we are going to get it right at the next event. As Best news of the day... I have 5 new commers coming to the event on the 19th :) can stay the whole day and are very curious about this whole Auto X deal as they say!

#813 Ryan Fitz