SCCV Auto-x 2015 proposed schedule

ricker96

SCCV Auto-x 2015 proposed schedule

Post by ricker96 »

I'm currently working on getting dates set up for Devils Bowl, Airbourne speedway, and one other place that Seth Achilles is still actively working on for an auto-x site.
say tuned on this thread for updates and date confirmations
Ricky Gratton Jr.
SCCV #643
Track car/hillclimb car- Mutant WRX
Summer fun- light blue 1985 RX7
DD- 2001 audi a4 1.8t
Work in progress- red 1991 VW Jetta
vtwillys

Re: SCCV Auto-x 2015 proposed schedule

Post by vtwillys »

I vote for DB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ricker96

Post by ricker96 »

Devils Bowl may not be our choice, there is talk about them leaving the dirt track down and not running many asphalt events this year, this means the barriers may be staying which in turn makes holding an event there hard for us! But I'm still trying to find out all the details at this time.
Ricky Gratton Jr.
SCCV #643
DD- 2001 audi a4 1.8t
Serrilion

Post by Serrilion »

Ya i was hearing the same thing from a couple of my circle track racing friends. They are watching closely as well as it affects there racing as well, as most of there cars were set up for pavement vs dirt haha
yea so a guy told me, "I bet I get laid twice as much as you," so I said, "Two times zero is still equal to zero," totally awesome.

#813 Ryan Fitz
WRX97

Post by WRX97 »

Has anybody looked at Rocky Ridge Raceway in Graniteville? Airbourne is a little far for those of us coming from southern VT
#41 Sam R
2012 Subaru WRX
pdudley42
SCCV President
SCCV President

Post by pdudley42 »

I went there with Nick Goldberg to heat cycle a set of tires. The owner was great; exactly the kind of person I want to know that owns a track! The problem is that it is too small for cars; like 17 second lap small. The owner wants to expand, and has room to do it. Maybe in the future this could work for use, but not in its current configuration.
Good thought though!
Paul Dudley #42

There are no accidents; only collisions.
WRX97

Post by WRX97 »

I can try to look around for something around here on my schools vacation week, wheres the place Seth is working on?
#41 Sam R
2012 Subaru WRX
ricker96

Post by ricker96 »

I'm still working on dates for Airbourne.
Airbourne dates are looking good, with a few events being scheduled for Saturday, and the rest on sunday.
Devils Bowl may not be an option for sccv, the inside barriers are not getting moved, and they plan on running lots of dirt events this summer, so with just a narrow track to run on with no runoff to the inside or outside on the front straight, I think Devils Bowl is a no go! But more discussion with Justin st.louis is in the works, so keep checking in here!
Ricky Gratton Jr.
SCCV #643
DD- 2001 audi a4 1.8t
darTTh audi

Post by darTTh audi »

ricker96 wrote:I'm still working on dates for Airbourne.
Airbourne dates are looking good, with a few events being scheduled for Saturday, and the rest on sunday.
Devils Bowl may not be an option for sccv, the inside barriers are not getting moved, and they plan on running lots of dirt events this summer, so with just a narrow track to run on with no runoff to the inside or outside on the front straight, I think Devils Bowl is a no go! But more discussion with Justin st.louis is in the works, so keep checking in here!
I see infield paving from the aerial view. Are they open to using that?
Bill R.
2008 Audi TT 3.2q
ricker96

Post by ricker96 »

Airbourne has a lot more paved area inside the oval that Justin said we could use but some areas are rough pavement so we'll have to investigate when we get there for the first event.
there is also an entrance and exit to the pit area, so staging, start , and finish will be very simple, with lots of room for slowing down after you go through finish.
with the addition of airbourne brings a very exciting time for sccv, and prospects for another good auto-x season looks good!
Ricky Gratton Jr.
SCCV #643
DD- 2001 audi a4 1.8t