ITT's are a Go!! 2/20-21, Mother nature finally cooperates!

squattro

Re: ITT's are a Go!! 2/20-21, Mother nature finally cooperates!

Post by squattro »

is there any hope of getting some cars on the ice tomorrow? this damn warm weather.... :x
DaveP189

Post by DaveP189 »

There may be issue w/ ice integrity right now: the rain/melt run-off is raising the lake level, possibly (probably) leading to pressure cracks that may not refreeze (quickly or otherwise) because of the temperatures - then the snow/water covering the surface may make them less visible.

Not to mention that once the course gets plowed, (1) it will tend to 'flood' on top of the ice (see Lake Iroquois 2009) and (2) assuming it will get cold again (haha), the banks will freeze to pretty much the equivalent of concrete.

If nothing else, right now is probably not the best time to venture out onto the ice alone...
Dave P. #189 '02 MINI CooperS+ "Elphie"
"People who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music." -unknown
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

We'll make the official call whether or not their will be an event on sunday, sometime on Saturday.
However, it does not look promising.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza sedan made from spare parts (Scrappy)
05 Subaru Legacy GT (Rosie)
02 Subaru impreza Wagon (Mr. the King)
96 Chevy Conversion van (Vango)
STI NICK

Post by STI NICK »

DaveVT02S wrote:There may be issue w/ ice integrity right now: the rain/melt run-off is raising the lake level, possibly (probably) leading to pressure cracks that may not refreeze (quickly or otherwise) because of the temperatures - then the snow/water covering the surface may make them less visible.

Not to mention that once the course gets plowed, (1) it will tend to 'flood' on top of the ice (see Lake Iroquois 2009) and (2) assuming it will get cold again (haha), the banks will freeze to pretty much the equivalent of concrete.

If nothing else, right now is probably not the best time to venture out onto the ice alone...
This is probably the best advice you can go with right now.

Like Seth said, the official call will be on Sat, but right now its not looking so good.
Nick
11 F150 ECOBoost
13 Focus ST
04 Volvo XC70
vwcorvette

Post by vwcorvette »

Heads up: I left behind 2 tall pylons with double white reflective strips while dealing with my rapid loss of oil pressure last weekend. I need them back as I use them whenever I make a house call for auto repair and want to make sure I have adequate clearance and warning for anyone driving by while I'm working. Paul said they may be in the trailer.

Thanks,

George
Geo

'75 Stingray. AKA, Sasha
(**--**)
'02 Jetta Wgn 1.8T tiptronic. MobyII
\ \=o=/ /
'79 Kawasaki KZ400h
d=~o
BugEyeRex
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Post by BugEyeRex »

George, they are in the trailer. I can bring them to the board meeting if you would like me to. If you need them sooner, I'm sure we can make arangements.
Chris SCCV #169

93 Blue Impreza Wrx conversion (toy)
02 Blue WRX Wagon (toy)
98 Green Civic 4dr (basic transport)
08 Red GTI 4dr (toy when given permission from the boss)
honda8790

Post by honda8790 »

I would be surprised if there is another event this year due to all the rain and warm weather. I'm not the one making the call, just saying I would be surprised if there was another event. :(
00 Honda S2000 - Summer Fun
DaveEstey

Post by DaveEstey »

BugEyeRex wrote:George, they are in the trailer. I can bring them to the board meeting if you would like me to. If you need them sooner, I'm sure we can make arangements.
^^This. Unfortunately.
"Why kill it? - When you can overkill it."
1987 Mazda RX7 GXL (Hillclimber)
1987 Mazda RX7 GTU (Lemons)
2008 Mazda Miata
2005 Ford F-250 Diesel
2007 Toyota Prius (The Fast Car)
www.DaveEstey.com