ITT's are a Go!! 2/20-21, Mother nature finally cooperates!

sachilles

ITT's are a Go!! 2/20-21, Mother nature finally cooperates!

Post by sachilles »

Breaking this out from the longer thread.

We'll be hosting an ITT on the 20th and 21st. Saturday is more of a test and tune at $10 per driver, and $20 for Sunday which will be the official time trial.
Location is Mallets Bay in Colchester VT.

Paul if you could chime in with what is the best access point, that would be great.
Dress warm, as you will have to work just like an autocross. Hope to see you there.
Saturday's Event will be informal, but covered by the club insurance as a sanctioned event, which will eliminate interference by local PD for our driving while ON-course. Practice off of the course will result in any punishment the local PD deems appropriate, and would likely result in being asked to leave by the chair/cochair.

The idea behind Saturday is a day where the course can be set up mapped out "prepared/skuffed" and ready for Sunday. Saturday will not be timed, but arranged more like laps where two/three/four cars will be doing laps together ideally groups with similar tires/driving abilities. Official point by passing will not be allowed, pulling off course to allow a car to pass in a non-wheel to wheel fashion will probably be how large differences in abilities will be handled.

Because Saturday is a setup day I leave it to Paul and Bill for official start time. Also hence the reduced cost.

Sunday will be run according to SCCV Time Trial Standard. Show up around 8am, register and pay, sign insurance, get worker assignment, get car tech'd, and drive :) Generally the information on the SCCV website will apply
http://sccv.org/cms/index.php?page=Ice_Time_Trials Likely our "instructor" vs "joy rider" policy will be used in determining who gets a time when you have a passenger.

As usual we ask that when you are driving in and around Colchester please respect local speed limits and traffic laws. This also goes for when you drive out to the event on the ice. Go Slow at the boat ramp the transition on to the ice is usually not smooth. Be very respectful of the fishing people, and everyone else using the ice too these are the people that will call the local PD on the event.

Some REALLY important things to remember

park cars 15-20 feet away from other vehicles, this is back-front-side
tech will be checking that you have proper/working restraints, battery tied down correctly, helmet, and nothing loose/rolling around in your car (PLEASE BE PREPARED TO LEAVE YOUR STUFF ON THE ICE OR MAKE OTHER ACCOMMODATIONS)
Bring warm clothes for working because not all worker positions are done by sitting in a car, and EVERYONE will be required to work in order to drive

Lastly (from me) our events are not a RACE, they are driver education time trials.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza sedan made from spare parts (Scrappy)
05 Subaru Legacy GT (Rosie)
02 Subaru impreza Wagon (Mr. the King)
96 Chevy Conversion van (Vango)
86-rx7

Re: ITT's are a Go!! 2/20-21, Mother nature finally cooperates!

Post by 86-rx7 »

so i have a question i have to work saturday till 12 and sunday is in the air for me just need to see if i can find a babysitter. If i can't find one for sunday can i pay the fee and just do saturday afternoon runs.
Thanks
gtivr4

Post by gtivr4 »

86-rx7 wrote:so i have a question i have to work saturday till 12 and sunday is in the air for me just need to see if i can find a babysitter. If i can't find one for sunday can i pay the fee and just do saturday afternoon runs.
Thanks
The days aren't dependent on each other, so you should be able to do any combo you like!
Nathan Dana
1990 Miata, 1992 Volvo Cow, 1997 Sonoma, 2012 Locost 7
pdudley42
SCCV President
SCCV President

Post by pdudley42 »

Use the boat launch on Lakeshore Dr by Prim Rd. Continue out 3/4-1 mile. It should not be difficult to find our group.
Paul Dudley #42

There are no accidents; only collisions.
gtivr4

Post by gtivr4 »

pdudley42 wrote:Use the boat launch on Lakeshore Dr by Prim Rd. Continue out 3/4-1 mile. It should not be difficult to find our group.
Google Maps view of the area
Nathan Dana
1990 Miata, 1992 Volvo Cow, 1997 Sonoma, 2012 Locost 7
DaveP189

Post by DaveP189 »

Hey, we made the Free Press (in the article about the near-sinking of the suburban):
This weekend, the Sports Car Club of Vermont is sponsoring a series of ice time trials on the bay -- not very far from where the SUV nearly sank.
"We'll check the access route and the course for safety," said the club's webmaster, Bill Anderson of Monkton.
(Lt. Douglas) Allen said the Colchester Police Department was aware of the event but did not officially endorse it.
"For whatever reason," Allen said, "the frozen waters of Lake Champlain are very attractive to some people."
http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/arti ... 1007/RSS02
Dave P. #189 '02 MINI CooperS+ "Elphie"
"People who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music." -unknown
Rabbit Farmer
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

This means that we are under the microscope.... all activity on the ice must be as expected from an SCCV event; safe, organized, insured, and a time trial. We have a responsibility to the community to have a safe event.
Steve #702
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
It takes hundreds of nuts to hold a car together, but it takes only one of them to scatter it all over the highway. - Evan Esar
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

On that note, the public eye will be on us. It is important that we do our best to put our sport in a positive light. Everyone is an ambassodor for our sport on and off the ice.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza sedan made from spare parts (Scrappy)
05 Subaru Legacy GT (Rosie)
02 Subaru impreza Wagon (Mr. the King)
96 Chevy Conversion van (Vango)
stig

Post by stig »

No pressure, only everyone is watching!

I'm going to try to be there pretty early but that depends rather entirely on me dragging my donkey out of bed early so I'm not going to guarantee anything :D

I'll bring those four tires, too. Better to have too many than not enough.
pdudley42
SCCV President
SCCV President

Post by pdudley42 »

I didn't think to ask, do the club radios all have dead batteries? It makes sense to bring a talkabout if you've got one. Also bring a tarp to put your stuff on.
Paul Dudley #42

There are no accidents; only collisions.