ITT in 2011 ?!?!?

99GT Connor

Re: ITT in 2011 ?!?!?

Post by 99GT Connor »

i drive by Lake Iroquois 2-4 times a day. usually i check out the boat launch area. ive seen people and tractor marks going out fer a week or so now. there are 2 ice fisher huts out in the middle also.
BucketRx

Post by BucketRx »

I just joined, but I had run into the club once when they were doing some auto-crossing in the parking lot at Sugarbush Mountain. The guys told me about the like driving during the winter and it seems like it would be pretty awesome. Just curious if anything is going on with it this year. It is really hard to find any info about it in Vermont. Seems like there are a couple other places, but they are all much further North and I'm down in NY, but more than happy to take a drive!

Thanks
Mr. Bridgestone

Post by Mr. Bridgestone »

BucketRx wrote:I just joined, but I had run into the club once when they were doing some auto-crossing in the parking lot at Sugarbush Mountain. The guys told me about the like driving during the winter and it seems like it would be pretty awesome. Just curious if anything is going on with it this year. It is really hard to find any info about it in Vermont. Seems like there are a couple other places, but they are all much further North and I'm down in NY, but more than happy to take a drive!

Thanks
Keep looking in this area for updates. Right now we are waiting for conditions and Mother Nature to cooperate and give us some ice. If we have the opportunity, we will make the announcement right here. Let's keep our fingers crossed. :D
SCCV # 71
2016 Ford Fiesta ST / ARRIVED
2003 Mini Cooper S / SOLD
1990 Mazda Miata / Mariner Blue / SOLD
2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon / SOLD
P.C.R. Jaguar 80cc Shifter Kart / SOLD
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

BucketRx wrote:I just joined, but I had run into the club once when they were doing some auto-crossing in the parking lot at Sugarbush Mountain. The guys told me about the like driving during the winter and it seems like it would be pretty awesome. Just curious if anything is going on with it this year. It is really hard to find any info about it in Vermont. Seems like there are a couple other places, but they are all much further North and I'm down in NY, but more than happy to take a drive!

Thanks
Have you looked into AMEC

http://www.icerace.com/ and may be closer to you.
Not discouraging you from coming to our events, just that these folks are closer, and have access to ice that is more cooperative than our lake.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza sedan made from spare parts (Scrappy)
05 Subaru Legacy GT (Rosie)
02 Subaru impreza Wagon (Mr. the King)
96 Chevy Conversion van (Vango)
Valkyrie

Post by Valkyrie »

so whats the deal guys? anything coming up???
pdudley42
SCCV President
SCCV President

Post by pdudley42 »

Waiting to hear from someone who lives locally to see if the slushy spots have hardened. If it is, the ice is good to go. If you live in the area, take initiative. Just walk out from the boat launch by Primm Road. If it's hard and relatively flat, report back. You'll have company in no time.
Paul Dudley #42

There are no accidents; only collisions.
BugEyeRex
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Post by BugEyeRex »

I have seen no vehicles on the bay. I have also heard from some ice fisherman that ice depth vary widely from place to place. :(
Chris SCCV #169

93 Blue Impreza Wrx conversion (toy)
02 Blue WRX Wagon (toy)
98 Green Civic 4dr (basic transport)
08 Red GTI 4dr (toy when given permission from the boss)