2011: ITT Sunday February 27!!!

stealth5

Re: ITT Sunday February 27!!!

Post by stealth5 »

Are you guys going to plow a second course for extra drivers not working/not in the current heat to run on?
lwheelock

Post by lwheelock »

stealth5 wrote:Are you guys going to plow a second course for extra drivers not working/not in the current heat to run on?
Typically if a driver is not driving, we need them to be working, watching for off course cars, cone penalties, making sure no random fishermen/snowmobiles enter the course while someone is driving, etc. In the past we have not enough participants on the time trial day to run two courses at once.

However the final decision is up to the event chair, the day of the event so we will see what tomorrow brings.
Laura
'11 FORD F150
'05 Legacy GT
'04 Swedish Minivan aka XC70
'04 STI when I'm allowed!
stealth5

Post by stealth5 »

lwheelock wrote:Typically if a driver is not driving, we need them to be working, watching for off course cars, cone penalties, making sure no random fishermen/snowmobiles enter the course while someone is driving, etc. In the past we have not enough participants on the time trial day to run two courses at once.

However the final decision is up to the event chair, the day of the event so we will see what tomorrow brings.
Yep, I understand the importance of making sure all of the worker positions are filled before anyone else gets to have some bonus fun. Been to some days where there were 15 or so drivers in excess of active drivers and workers. So, I was just wondering since this is my first time with the SCCV.

Finishing packing my crap and then headed up to Colchester tonight. See you guys there tomorrow! \:D/
stig

Re: 2011: ITT Sunday February 27!!!

Post by stig »

Woot. If I manage to drag myself out of bed early enough, can I bum a ride out to the course? (Assuming it's as far out as it was last year). We don't need my rolling oil spill of a winter beater out there... I should really fix that VC gasket soon...
benneyben

Post by benneyben »

For anybody that was taking pictures. Can you tag me in any with the blue Subaru Wagon #207 if you post them to Facebook? Benjamin P Robertson Colchester, VT

Thanks!
Valkyrie

Post by Valkyrie »

Great event guys! I had such a blast, and it was great to meet everyone. I am looking forward to the next event with the SCCV! if anyone has photo's or Video of the #595 Subaru Impreza, please send them to me, I would like to use them for promotional purposes.

Dylan
www.ValkyrieMotorsports.com
stig

Post by stig »

Good to see everyone again. Only 592 photos to sort/edit/upload :rock:
STI NICK

Post by STI NICK »

stig wrote:Good to see everyone again. Only 592 photos to sort/edit/upload :rock:
That's it. You must have been slacking. :lol:
Nick
11 F150 ECOBoost
13 Focus ST
04 Volvo XC70
McGyver

Post by McGyver »

I only have 416... But I was at lunch when the runs began and didn't get to work and take photos. Next week I'll be sure to remember my camera gear and telephoto.

I have a few done with a quick edit posted on photobucket. More to be posted in a day or two.

http://s778.photobucket.com/albums/yy66 ... C_0075.jpg

~Shelby

I'll post the best ones on my facebook page later this week on The Real McGyver Photography.
~Shelby

2013 BRZ (new fangled love)
07 Legacy GT (traded in)
93 MR2 turbo (toy)
97 YZF1000r (2 wheeled toy)
BugEyeRex
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Post by BugEyeRex »

Thanks Paul for throwing together a great event in record time! What luck to find a plow guy who let us use his plow all weekend. When the forecast called for snow I started to lose faith we were going to have an event. Thanks to Laura for running timing, control, and registration. Next time Laura needs to get behind the wheel.
Chris SCCV #169

93 Blue Impreza Wrx conversion (toy)
02 Blue WRX Wagon (toy)
98 Green Civic 4dr (basic transport)
08 Red GTI 4dr (toy when given permission from the boss)