2011: ITT Sunday February 27!!!

pdudley42
SCCV President
SCCV President

Re: ITT Sunday February 27!!!

Post by pdudley42 »

Practice Saturday (hopefully), ITT Sunday.
Paul Dudley #42

There are no accidents; only collisions.
lwheelock

Post by lwheelock »

Paul and some other club members are going to be on the ice on Saturday for Setup. Mapping a course layout. checking out the ice, etc. This will hopefully allow Sunday to go more smoothly. We also do this with our AutoXs.
Laura
'11 FORD F150
'05 Legacy GT
'04 Swedish Minivan aka XC70
'04 STI when I'm allowed!
vtgti

Post by vtgti »

pdudley42 wrote:The best scenario is if we can pay him to plow and offer him to be our honorary car-slut for Saturday.
How much might the event be willing to pay? I've got a buddy with a plow, but he's from Vergennes. I'll call and see what his plans are, but he'd need to pay for his diesel from Ferrisburg.
1982 BMW 320i
vtgti

Post by vtgti »

Just called him, and he's checking to see if his volunteer fire training is tomorrow or next Saturday. He's got an F350 crew cab with a V plow. He said it'd cost him at least $100 in fuel just to get there, plow the area, and then drive home. He was excited about the event in general, and offered him to take a few laps in my car of course. I have no idea as to what the plow budget per event might be?
1982 BMW 320i
pdudley42
SCCV President
SCCV President

Post by pdudley42 »

VTGTI, If your buddy wants to be our plow guy and is RELIABLE, he can be the guy but the decision needs to happen now, that's now. If he'll do it for $200, he's the man. I found a guy with whom we have an arrangement, but it's costlier. Also, if you buddy is willing to hang around all day, drive some cars, ride in some cars, even better.
You (or he) can reach me at 793 2312 anytime.
As it is, I'm going to pull the trigger on the other plow guy. Then I can cancel with him if your guy comes through.
Thanks
Paul Dudley #42

vtgti

Post by vtgti »

Just gave him your number, and he is going to call you.
1982 BMW 320i
Valkyrie

Post by Valkyrie »

definitely keep us up to date with practice... My helmet comes in today so after some minor tinkering on the Valkyrie Beater subaru aka "the prostitute" I will come join you. I have been excited all week for this event, so to me, snowbanks just mean something to lean on :D

Dylan
pdudley42
SCCV President
SCCV President

Post by pdudley42 »

Still haven't heard from Vergennes diesel plow guy.
Paul Dudley #42

Valkyrie

Post by Valkyrie »

if all else fails, perhaps we could contact a private plowing company (there are a few running around), and every participant could pitch in $5-10 towards that? A small fee is worth having the event run!

Dylan
pdudley42
SCCV President
SCCV President

Post by pdudley42 »

Plow guy acquired. He's coming from Warren and it won't be cheap, but we've got a deal. Only the weather can stop us now...or any number of other things.
Paul Dudley #42