ITT #2...March 6

DaveEstey

Re: ITT #2...March 6

Post by DaveEstey »

343Saturn wrote:Dave - you might be interested to know your old CRX lives again - it left the shop this evening with a new motor and I hear rumor that if it can be inspected in time, it may make an appearance on Mallets Bay this weekend...

That would be awesome! I'm glad to hear he has it up and running.
"Why kill it? - When you can overkill it."
1987 Mazda RX7 GXL (Hillclimber)
1987 Mazda RX7 GTU (Lemons)
2008 Mazda Miata
2005 Ford F-250 Diesel
2007 Toyota Prius (The Fast Car)
www.DaveEstey.com
pdudley42
SCCV President
SCCV President

Post by pdudley42 »

Sorry gang, had to cancel this weekend's ITT. Sloppy weather conditions make it too unfavorable. That said, Ben (with suby wagon on super studs) and I made a new course today. 1 mile long with 2 VERY long sweepers. Some members may choose to congregate on a rainy Saturday morning around said area.
If it's as warm as they say it will be for the timeframe they say it will (yeah right), it would be best to STAY OFF THE ICE entirely on Sunday.
Paul Dudley #42

There are no accidents; only collisions.
benneyben

Post by benneyben »

Damn weather. I'll be there Saturday. Probably fairly early.
DaveEstey

Re: ITT #2...March 6....POSTPONED

Post by DaveEstey »

I'll be crashing in Montpelier Friday night so I can be up bright an early saturday.
"Why kill it? - When you can overkill it."
1987 Mazda RX7 GXL (Hillclimber)
1987 Mazda RX7 GTU (Lemons)
2008 Mazda Miata
2005 Ford F-250 Diesel
2007 Toyota Prius (The Fast Car)
www.DaveEstey.com
pdudley42
SCCV President
SCCV President

Post by pdudley42 »

For Saturday: no numbers, no SCCV cones, preferably no SCCV mention whatsoever (but this is generally inevitable). No helmet rule, but they're always a good idea, especially since we cannot enforce rules which do not exist. We will still try to group cars similarly, and to keep on-track traffic to a reasonable level. If you have any personal cones, you may want to bring them.
Questions, shoot me a PM or call.
Paul Dudley #42

honda8790

Post by honda8790 »

Paul, What time are you getting there on Saturday? Probably the "crack of dawn" but I wanted to check and see anyways.

I plan to be there on Saturday sometime.
00 Honda S2000 - Summer Fun
McGyver

Post by McGyver »

I'll be headed back to VT dark and early tomorrow. You have a time frame to be there? I'll bring my camera gear so I can at least get a few good shots before I continue on my way to NH.
~Shelby

2013 BRZ (new fangled love)
07 Legacy GT (traded in)
93 MR2 turbo (toy)
97 YZF1000r (2 wheeled toy)
pdudley42
SCCV President
SCCV President

Post by pdudley42 »

I'm shooting for 8-8:30. Conditions will deteriorate throughout the day, so get it while you can. Remember, it's not a club event but it could still reflect upon the club. Of course, the way it works is that it could only reflect badly on the club...good reflections will go unnoticed. So we will be as unreflectable as a flat-black Corolla on a cloudy night. I think Robert Frost said that.
Paul Dudley #42

McGyver

Post by McGyver »

Missed the ferry and didn't get back until 9... but with all the rain and a message from Casey saying it was pretty sketch even early this morning I opted not to go. Hopefully we'll get a nice cold spell to allow for another event. Otherwise we might have to hijack the IBM parking lot.
~Shelby

2013 BRZ (new fangled love)
07 Legacy GT (traded in)
93 MR2 turbo (toy)
97 YZF1000r (2 wheeled toy)
pdudley42
SCCV President
SCCV President

Post by pdudley42 »

So about a dozen of us met up at the lake today and took laps till around 1, then it just got too wet to be fun. My car was sidelined a little earlier due to an exhaust fatigue issue, to be remedied tomorrow. The course was fun, but will need some time to heal after this warm crap blows through.
Recommend staying off the ice entirely until further notice. With rain on its way and a warm Sunday, it will take days to refreeze solid...but when it does, it's on.
Paul Dudley #42