LAKE IROQUOIS ITTs 2012

pdudley42
SCCV President
SCCV President

LAKE IROQUOIS ITTs 2012

Post by pdudley42 »

With Malletts Bay a safe bet no-go, Lake Iroquois is our best bet for an ITT this season. In fact, it's almost ready!!!
I was there today (1/21/12) and drilled about 20 holes, then drove out and blew about 20 (victory?) donuts. I found between 9and 11 inches of ice, with almost all of them falling in the 10 inch range. The top 3 inches are white ice (less strong) and the other 7 are very good sea ice. I am of the opinion that as soon as it reaches 12 inches, game on!!! At this point there is very little snow on the lake or around the lake; entry and exit from the ice will not be a problem.
Look over your cars this week, there's am outside chance we'll be (don't call it racing) next weekend!!!
Any questions/comments/concerns, let me know here or by PM.
Paul Dudley #42

There are no accidents; only collisions.
stig

Re: LAKE IROQUOIS ITTs 2012

Post by stig »

Excite!
vermont22gt

Post by vermont22gt »

When you folks hold ice racing events is there an early registration or is it a walk in style registration. Just curious. Saw today in the South Bay of Memphremagog in Newport about 30 various pick-ups and ice shantys. It's cold now and that ice is getting thick.
Rabbit Farmer
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

In the past... walk in.
Steve #702
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
It takes hundreds of nuts to hold a car together, but it takes only one of them to scatter it all over the highway. - Evan Esar
pdudley42
SCCV President
SCCV President

Post by pdudley42 »

Bev and I checked the Lake on Monday 2/13, and it was the best ice I've ever seen there. 12-13 inches of solid sea ice! We drove around for 1/2 hour on a course defined by our own tracks. 3/8 inch of powder on top. In the process of taking laps my Miata passed the 200,000 mile mark!!! Right now, the lake is in prime condition. That said, warm weather (above 32) causes the top layer to become unpredictable. Probably not unsafe, but less stable the longer it is above freezing. I can't be there this weekend, but if it cools off and doesn't snow too much, perhaps the next weekend (2/25-26) we could have an ITT.
Thoughts???
Paul Dudley #42

There are no accidents; only collisions.
STI NICK

Post by STI NICK »

I would be all for it!!! :3gears:
Nick
11 F150 ECOBoost
13 Focus ST
04 Volvo XC70