ITT 2014. Saturday January 25 and Saturday February 1.

sachilles

ITT 2014. Saturday January 25 and Saturday February 1.

Post by sachilles »

Howdy folks. Feel like driving fast on the ice?

Time to get geared up for SCCV Ice Time Trials 2014.

When: Tentatively scheduled for Saturday 1/25 and Saturday 2/1. Mother nature has the final say, but we'll state whether we are running or not by Friday at noon the day before the event. That notice will come from me.
Registration will be on site only at 9am.

Where: Lake Iroquois or Mallet's Bay. We are evaluating both spots up until event day, location will be announce on Friday's at noon.

How much: $30 for members and non members. Please bring exact change.

Who: Anyone with a street legal and registered car. The water ways are considered state highways, if you can't legally drive the vehicle to the event, don't bring it. Must have an M2000/SA2000 or newer helmet. Must not be a high center of gravity vehicle(no Suv's, Truck's, etc.), if there is a question regarding this, contact a board member. Expect the local law enforcement agency to make a house call to the event, your vehicle MUST be legal.

Did I mention your vehicle must be road legal?

No leaky cars. Seriously, if your car leaks anything, don't bring it on the ice. This is Vermont, you leak stuff on to a waterway and you will get in trouble, you'll get the club in trouble, and well nobody wants that. Absorbent mats are available at your local parts store. Ask for pig mats. You should have one in your gear, in case your car develops an issue.

Any questions? Ask away.

Think cold thoughts. :drive1:

We need your help to pull this off. Come to the meeting this tuesday at 7pm at Zachary's for further discussion. We may need someone that can plow a course if we get snow. Anyone that can volunteer a plow rig, we'll cover your gas and wave the event fee for the event. Respond here if you are able to plow.

More info may follow
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza sedan made from spare parts (Scrappy)
05 Subaru Legacy GT (Rosie)
02 Subaru impreza Wagon (Mr. the King)
96 Chevy Conversion van (Vango)
Rabbit Farmer
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Re: ITT 2014. Saturday January 25 and Saturday February 1.

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Time to get your performance driving skills out of the closet!
Steve #702
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
It takes hundreds of nuts to hold a car together, but it takes only one of them to scatter it all over the highway. - Evan Esar
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

It looks like Saturday January 25 Ice time trial will not happen.

Basically what we need right now is a plow. If someone can step forward with a plow, than we can have one Sunday 1/26.
If someone steps forward with a plow by noon tomorrow we can have the event on Sunday. Otherwise we are dead in the water.....maybe that is a poor choice of phrase. :mad:

We need a plow for next weekend as well.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza sedan made from spare parts (Scrappy)
05 Subaru Legacy GT (Rosie)
02 Subaru impreza Wagon (Mr. the King)
96 Chevy Conversion van (Vango)
BugEyeRex
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Post by BugEyeRex »

Who is up for an Ice Time Trial tomorrow (Sunday 26th)? SCCV will be having an official ITT on Mallet's bay in Colchester! Please spread the word!!
Seth said it best:

When: Sunday 26th. Yes, tomorrow!
Registration will be on site only at 9am.

Where: Mallet's Bay. Straight out the boat access by Rozzi's Pub. Please be considerate to the town of Colchester. When going out onto the ice it is a little crowded because the town is prepping for a pond hockey tournament. Please stay to the left of the stakes as you go out!

How much: $30 for members and non members. Please bring exact change.

Who: Anyone with a street legal and registered car. The water ways are considered state highways, if you can't legally drive the vehicle to the event, don't bring it. Must have an M2000/SA2000 or newer helmet. Must not be a high center of gravity vehicle(no Suv's, Truck's, etc.), if there is a question regarding this, contact a board member. Expect the local law enforcement agency to make a house call to the event, your vehicle MUST be legal.

Did I mention your vehicle must be road legal?

No leaky cars. Seriously, if your car leaks anything, don't bring it on the ice. This is Vermont, you leak stuff on to a waterway and you will get in trouble, you'll get the club in trouble, and well nobody wants that. Absorbent mats are available at your local parts store. Ask for pig mats. You should have one in your gear, in case your car develops an issue.

Any questions? Ask away. I could use some help with tech, setup and registration.
Chris SCCV #169

93 Blue Impreza Wrx conversion (toy)
02 Blue WRX Wagon (toy)
98 Green Civic 4dr (basic transport)
08 Red GTI 4dr (toy when given permission from the boss)
BugEyeRex
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Post by BugEyeRex »

We are planning to do another ITT Feb 1st on Mallet's Bay! We might do Sunday Feb 2nd also! See the first post on this forum for more info!
Chris SCCV #169

93 Blue Impreza Wrx conversion (toy)
02 Blue WRX Wagon (toy)
98 Green Civic 4dr (basic transport)
08 Red GTI 4dr (toy when given permission from the boss)
zminot

Post by zminot »

If anything I'd love to come down Saturday 2/1 to at least check it out. Right now I only have my daily driver- are the ITTs pretty low impact on the cars? I've been hesitant to bring it to an autocross only because I rely on it in the winter, but I'm guessing that an off on the ice probably just puts you in a little snow? I found a helmet to borrow, it's leak free (last I checked), & has studded Hakkas so I'd love to get it out if it's pretty low risk.

Also how late do you expect it to run? Thanks in advance.
'81 911 Coupe
'77 308 GTB
'02 e46 ///M3
'14 STi
pdudley42
SCCV President
SCCV President

Post by pdudley42 »

Hi zminot.
Yes ITTs are pretty low impact on the vehicle. The common one is for there to be snow built up inside the rim. This will seem innocuous until you jump on the interstate afterward and it rattles out your fillings. The solution is to take a few minutes before you leave the lake and look for build up. If it is present, I like to pull off the wheels and really clean the snow out, others just use a screwdriver, piece of wood, plastic scraper, or whatever they find to clean the rims out. There is very little snow on the lake right now and the weather should be warm, so the banks should be snow, not ice!
Hope to see you out there!
Paul Dudley #42

There are no accidents; only collisions.
Luckypenney

Post by Luckypenney »

I plan on being there Saturday. non studded -AWD
Last edited by Luckypenney on Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'04 VW R32T
vtgti

Post by vtgti »

I'm planning on the afternoon session on Sat, and all day Sun.

Sounds like I have a buddy coming up Saturday to race as well, sharing my BMW, and maybe a second on Sat as well.

Also, I believe George is still planning on driving my BMW as well on Sunday.

-Chris
Last edited by vtgti on Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1982 BMW 320i
ricker96

Post by ricker96 »

Count Me and Tim F in for Saturday, Co-driving my wrx in street stud class
Ricky Gratton Jr.
SCCV #643
Track car/hillclimb car- Mutant WRX
Summer fun- light blue 1985 RX7
DD- 2001 audi a4 1.8t
Work in progress- red 1991 VW Jetta