BAYWATCH 2015

pdudley42
SCCV President
SCCV President

BAYWATCH 2015

Post by pdudley42 »

It's almost that time of year.
Today I drilled Lake Iroquois. It has 9-10 inches of ice and no snow. It is accessible by car now...just not enough ice yet. After the upcoming cold snap we may be good to go.
Incidentally, I drilled Kent Pond in Killington on January 3 and it has 12 inches of ice. Unfortunately this pond does not have good car access and I'm not sure about the legality of driving on it...just sayin.
For those who live by Malletts Bay, is it locked up yet? I haven't been there in a couple of weeks. A picture from the boat launch would be great, maybe on our FB page. I'll put up some pics I took today there too.
Paul Dudley #42

There are no accidents; only collisions.
BugEyeRex
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Re: BAYWATCH 2015

Post by BugEyeRex »

Mallet's Bay was freezing up nicely until the warm spell this weekend. It opened back up but this cold weather should help us. At least it is willing to freeze.
Chris SCCV #169

93 Blue Impreza Wrx conversion (toy)
02 Blue WRX Wagon (toy)
98 Green Civic 4dr (basic transport)
08 Red GTI 4dr (toy when given permission from the boss)
pdudley42
SCCV President
SCCV President

Post by pdudley42 »

I drilled a couple holes in Lake Iroquois today (yes it was cold). We have 12 inches of ice and no snow; up from 9-10 before two days of very cold weather. I drove on the lake a bit today as well. The ice was very quiet.
More holes in more places will be drilled this weekend; perhaps we can host an event the following weekend, 1/17-1/18.
Paul Dudley #42

Gravelguy

Post by Gravelguy »

Drove around on Iroquois a little this am. I did not drill, but a friend who lives there drills regularly and said he was finding 12" about 50 yards off shore, as of a few days ago. The conditions were very smooth glasslike ice. Not good for DOT snows, but perfect for bolted or screws. Let's hope we can get a layer of snow to stick.
Serrilion

Post by Serrilion »

I'd be willing to come help, and maybe ride along lmao... looks like fun, Mallets bay was looking better ish this morning... also has anyone ever asked about Monkton Pond? normaly they get a nice freeze
yea so a guy told me, "I bet I get laid twice as much as you," so I said, "Two times zero is still equal to zero," totally awesome.

#813 Ryan Fitz
pdudley42
SCCV President
SCCV President

Post by pdudley42 »

I've never looked into Monkton Pond.
Paul Dudley #42

Serrilion

Post by Serrilion »

Just an interesting idea, I know it has boat access and i've seen alot of truck out on it before, also know alot of the locals support car enthouists
yea so a guy told me, "I bet I get laid twice as much as you," so I said, "Two times zero is still equal to zero," totally awesome.

#813 Ryan Fitz
pdudley42
SCCV President
SCCV President

Post by pdudley42 »

The big one right now is that we don't have a plow.
Paul Dudley #42

Serrilion

Post by Serrilion »

welll. i can borrow a lawn tractor w chains plows pretty well up to 3ft snow, also could find a source for a plow truck w some comp to driver lol..,

#813 Ryan Fitz
opecor
SCCV Treasurer
SCCV Treasurer

Post by opecor »

Paul, did anyone contact the kid that posted on Facebook about plowing? Alexander Callahan. It might also be useful to put a feeler out in the SCCV Facebook page along with what we are really looking for - cheap, stay there all day, available certain days, etc.

Also, what time do you plan to be at Iriquois on Saturday? I'd like to get in some practice, help set up, whatever. I have to be in Fletcher by 1pm.
Orianna Pecor #29
2006 Mini Cooper S "Shirley"