BAYWATCH 2015

pdudley42
SCCV President
SCCV President

Re: BAYWATCH 2015

Post by pdudley42 »

My thought is NOT morning on Saturday, but I'm open. I responded to Alexander about plowing; he asked me about ice driving lessons last winter. We will see what comes of it. Good call Orianna!
Paul Dudley #42

There are no accidents; only collisions.
opecor
SCCV Treasurer
SCCV Treasurer

Post by opecor »

not morning is okay. :) Just let me know a roundabout time when and if you get one, and a plow. I will put out some feelers as well.
Orianna Pecor #29
2006 Mini Cooper S "Shirley"
Shawn
SCCV Publicity Director
SCCV Publicity Director

Post by Shawn »

So excited! I don't care saturdays/sundays and don't have access to a plow but if there's anything else I can do besides show up I'm up for it :D
#411... Information please.
1987 Audi 5ktq Daily on Koni/H&R's Megasquirt fueling etc. etc.
1989 Audi 200 10vtqa aka "The B***h"
1986 VW GTI Project Ihavenoideawhattodo
Serrilion

Post by Serrilion »

From some of the people I've spoken to we would need to ask the Town of Monkton about use of the pond for such an event. The local fokes at the store said nothing like that has ever happend but may draw a crowed of people watching :), also the old guy I was talking to said normaly they get 12-14in of ice by now and there is a boat access on the west side of the pond. I know a few people in the area have snow blowers and plows on there lawn tractors get them to come down and you would have your track cleared and on lookers.

Also have been talking with local friends and they have been chatting to there bosses that are farmers, a few may let us try a Snow Rally cross track should we want to... couple of nice fields in mind that are pretty smooth, still waiting to hear more
yea so a guy told me, "I bet I get laid twice as much as you," so I said, "Two times zero is still equal to zero," totally awesome.

#813 Ryan Fitz
pdudley42
SCCV President
SCCV President

Post by pdudley42 »

So there will be no ITT this weekend. Lack of a committed plow truck stalled us from the beginning.
As of January 15, 2015:
Lake Iroquois has 13-15 inches of ice, the top 3 inches is white ice and the rest is solid black ice.
Malletts Bay has 10 1/2 - 12 inches of ALL black ice; really beautiful and incredibly strong.

Chances are next weekend our focus will shift to Malletts Bay...cause it's HUGE!
Paul Dudley #42

Serrilion

Post by Serrilion »

I would be willing to Donate my time with my small garden tractor.. has chains so I can drive on ice. has a 44in blade proably 2 foward swipes and 2 side ones and ya have a good size lane.... let me know
yea so a guy told me, "I bet I get laid twice as much as you," so I said, "Two times zero is still equal to zero," totally awesome.

#813 Ryan Fitz
pdudley42
SCCV President
SCCV President

Post by pdudley42 »

Thanks Ryan but that would not do the job in a reasonable time.
Paul Dudley #42

Serrilion

Post by Serrilion »

I know, could always show up earlier, none of my buddies have a truck willing to go out on the ice.....We need a small jeep or toyota haha w a light plow

#813 Ryan Fitz
pdudley42
SCCV President
SCCV President

Post by pdudley42 »

Malletts Bay update 1/20/15:
Jeremy Haas and I just surveyed Malletts Bay and it's not good news. There is 12 inches of ice, but there was a lot of fracturing from the shifting ice during the rain on Sunday. This left a bunch of disconcerting cracks all over.
I'll try to check again during the daylight this week, but it looks pretty certain that Lake Iroquois will be our destination for.....ITT#1...???
Paul Dudley #42

Rabbit Farmer
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Hmmmm.... location plays a major part in the insurance request.

Should I go with Lake I for this weekend instead of MB?

Steve
Steve #702
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
It takes hundreds of nuts to hold a car together, but it takes only one of them to scatter it all over the highway. - Evan Esar