ICE TIME TRIAL #1 SUNDAY JANUARY 25, 2015

pdudley42
SCCV President
SCCV President

ICE TIME TRIAL #1 SUNDAY JANUARY 25, 2015

Post by pdudley42 »

It's time to drive fast on the ice!

Where: Lake Iroquois.

How much: $30 for members and non members. Please bring exact change.

Registration will be on site only beginning at 9am.

Driver's meeting at 10:00.

Who: Any licensed driver with a street legal car. The water ways are considered state highways; if you can't legally drive the vehicle to the event, don't bring it. Must have an M2000/SA2000 or newer helmet. Must not be a high center of gravity vehicle(no Suv's, Truck's, etc.), if there is a question regarding this, contact a board member. Expect the local law enforcement agency to make a house call to the event, your vehicle MUST be legal.

Did I mention your vehicle must be road legal?

No leaky cars. Seriously, if your car leaks anything, don't bring it on the ice. This is Vermont, you leak stuff on to a waterway and you will get in trouble, you'll get the club in trouble, and well nobody wants that. Absorbent mats are now required and will be available at the event for $5. They must be in your car at all times. Also it is a good idea to bring kitty litter, shovel, and a trash bag or bucket. Our event will STOP to clean up any spills.

Lake Iroquois is a small lake surrounded by camps and houses. If your car is really loud it will not be allowed to participate. We love this sport and want to enjoy it for years to come.

Other than the designated course, consider the lake to be a 20mph speed limit. Remember, many eyes will be on us so be on your best behavior.

Any questions? Ask away.
Paul Dudley #42

There are no accidents; only collisions.
Serrilion

Re: ICE TIME TRIAL SUNDAY JANUARY 25, 2015

Post by Serrilion »

Ill chat with my wife and see if I can come bye and help for a few hours. Take it parking is by the boat launch access or something to that avail? haha

cya hopefully sunday
yea so a guy told me, "I bet I get laid twice as much as you," so I said, "Two times zero is still equal to zero," totally awesome.

#813 Ryan Fitz
pdudley42
SCCV President
SCCV President

Post by pdudley42 »

The boat launch is the Fish & Game access. In the past they have been a little possessive about parking there. The entrance on the North-East side is the best choice to leave a vehicle, but the general public seems to use Fish & Game access all the time. Good point.
Paul Dudley #42

pdudley42
SCCV President
SCCV President

Post by pdudley42 »

Anybody know where to buy food coloring in bulk in Burlington? For the ice.
Paul Dudley #42

opecor
SCCV Treasurer
SCCV Treasurer

Post by opecor »

If you are just marking the cones, you can probably use red or blue gel food coloring and water (make it dark) in squeeze bottles. I'll pick up a few colors and some squeeze bottles on my way to Iroquois tomorrow and we can test it out.
Orianna Pecor #29
2006 Mini Cooper S "Shirley"
Lrt147

Post by Lrt147 »

Hey where can I find the results from today? will they be posted online somewhere? also to whoever was out there taking pictures with that huge camera i'd love to see some of the shots you might've gotten from today.
thanks
pdudley42
SCCV President
SCCV President

Post by pdudley42 »

I have the results. I'll snap a picture of the time sheet tomorrow and post it on our Facebook page. Then later they will be entered in our results archive.
Thanks all for helping out to make an epic day of motorsport.
Paul Dudley #42

Rabbit Farmer
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Steve #702
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
It takes hundreds of nuts to hold a car together, but it takes only one of them to scatter it all over the highway. - Evan Esar