ICE TIME TRIAL #6 SUNDAY MARCH15, 2015 MALLETTS BAY

pdudley42
SCCV President
SCCV President

ICE TIME TRIAL #6 SUNDAY MARCH15, 2015 MALLETTS BAY

Post by pdudley42 »

There is some warm weather coming our way this week. It could mean we need to take the week off, it could spell the end of the season, it could mean another epic weekend of sliding sidewayz and not freezing.
At this point every event, including the one we just had, could be our last until 2016.
I am of the opinion we should plan for the Time Trial and cancel it if conditions do not permit. This call may very well not be made until Saturday. At this time I would like to hear opinions about the likelihood of your presence on Sunday. Preferably commitments! Last week was kind of a downer at driver's meeting when we only had 13 drivers. But then 5 more came and saved the day!!!
Thanks...everyone.
Paul Dudley #42

There are no accidents; only collisions.
btvSi

Re: ICE TIME TRIAL #6 SUNDAY MARCH15, 2015 MALLETTS BAY

Post by btvSi »

Count me out, unfortunately. Anniversary with the SO. Hope you can get out for another day of fun! (And I hope it miraculously lasts another week so I can get out and enjoy it myself.)
Taylor
2011 Honda Civic Si
andrewcimonetti

Post by andrewcimonetti »

I will be there!
ricker96

Post by ricker96 »

I'm out for this last ITT, been busy with our house this month.
Getting geared up for auto-x season though
Ricky Gratton Jr.
SCCV #643
Track car/hillclimb car- Mutant WRX
Summer fun- light blue 1985 RX7
DD- 2001 audi a4 1.8t
Work in progress- red 1991 VW Jetta
nicknak8

Post by nicknak8 »

If we can still get to the ice patty next weekend myself and a friend will be driving up to enter. I can't believe how fast the snow melted down here in Bennington. There was 2 feet of snow two days ago, and now we only have 3". If the same is true for up North then the lake is going to jump up and we will be out of luck.

Fingers crossed that doesn't happen.
pdudley42
SCCV President
SCCV President

Post by pdudley42 »

I went to check the lakes today and things are looking grim. We cannot give reasonable assurance of safety so this weekend's event will be cancelled. The hope is for a cold week to re-harden the still-thick ice on one of our lakes so we can continue this epic season of frozen fun. Even if that doesn't work, only about 5 more weeks until our nice cars can come out of hibernation.
Paul Dudley #42

There are no accidents; only collisions.