Philo 2008 (October 25-26, 2008)

Hillclimbs for NEHA (SCCV, SCCNH, KSCC)
Rabbit Farmer
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Philo 2008 (October 25-26, 2008)

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

I will edit this post with information this week when I get the time.
During the meeting tonight someone brought up that the NEHA website (http://www.hillclimb.org) did not have the correct event date. I checked tonight and it is correct (we don't pay that webmaster enough) :drinkers:

Direct link: http://www.hillclimb.org/schedule/schedule.htm

Thanks for bringing it to my attention so I could check it out just to make sure.

------------------------

Co-Chairs Steve J & Nick W.
Worker Coordinator is Tim W.

Philo Special Use Permit (SUP) and payment has been submitted to the state.

Steve needs to design dash plaques and order them.

Newspaper requirements in the SUP (Jim B. offered to assist)

Make sure to get your campsites or leantos now (State Park reservation line)
Steve #702
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
It takes hundreds of nuts to hold a car together, but it takes only one of them to scatter it all over the highway. - Evan Esar
Rabbit Farmer
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Re: Philo 2008 (October 25-26, 2008)

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Philo: Oct 24-25-26, 2008
Co-chars are Steve and Nick

FYI Per the permit we only need one port-o-let this year as the State's facility will be open at the top.

Steve

-------------------------------------

The Sports Club Club of Vermont (http://www.SCCV.org) is pleased to present the 2008 running of the Mt. Philo Hillclimb located in Charlotte, Vermont on October 24-25-26, 20078

The entry form has now been loaded on the http://www.hillclimb.org website.
Go to http://www.hillclimb.org, select Events, select the Event Information button from the Philo section and download the entry form.

** You may have to refresh/reload this page **

Here is the direct link to the form: http://www.hillclimb.org/events/philo/entry_form.pdf
The form contains all the information regarding the event.
The website does have links to the state park along with maps of the state park (road map and campsite map)

****** PLEASE CONTACT ME if you either plan to download the form or are not planning on going. By saving money on entries that we don't have to post keeps the cost down. *******

As a reminder. Everyone will be given the combination for the gate. Do not circumvent the gate. If you plan on showing up late on Friday, please get in contact with me or Nick (phone numbers and e-mail addresses on the entry form) to get the combination in advance.

There are 10 RV/Camper spots on the top of the hill that you need to go through me for reservations. The cost of those sites are the same as the campsites (unsure what that is at this time) and must be paid to ME in CASH when you arrive. For everyone else needs a campsite or lean-to, that also must be paid in CASH, but to Ranger Dan. The state doesn't have a way to process credit cards or checks after the end of the season.

1. Earl and Sharon
2. Sherman
3. Kevin Gale
4. Clark Hinchman
5. John Reed

Lunch for drivers is included in the entry fee. Please bring WORKERS as without them we can't have a successful event.

We follow the NEHA rules that are posted at: http://www.hillclimb.org/rules_regs/rules_regs.htm

Please note that Philo is a week later than normal this year.

THINGS TO DO (Nick up as needed)
Entry (DONE and posted)
Mail Entry (labels printed, entries folded, mailed on Tuesday 30-Sep)DONE
Copies of SUP State waiver for each driver to sign (at the event... we just need to make copies for registration)DONE (gave to Bill R.)
Medical binders (Don Taylor) DONE
Wrecker/Tech (Don Taylor) DONE
Speedway (Don Taylor) DONE
Security for the bottom of the hill (Steve) DONE
Registration supplies: Arm bands, pens, entries, waivers, cash box, SUP waiver, etc.
Dash Plaques DONE (just waiting to arrive in mail)
Insurance (Nick) DONE
One way signs for hill (Steve)
Permit with State (aka SUP) (Steve) DONE
Port-o-let (Steve) DONE
Signs for trails DONE
**Signs for local stores (poster made, see below/everyone to post/Steve & Nick to confirm)**
[Also: Steve and Nick to go to Philo to meet with Ranger and drop off two posters] DONE at Philo (see Nick's message below)
Local newspapers (Jim B.: I need your help here!! PM to Jim on 27-Sep)(Jim working 08-Oct)DONE
Phones/Radios: Walter Clark will bring up on Friday DONE
KSCC equipment (KSCC okay with rental / trailer in NH at Victor's)(Nick: Oct 12)DONE
Food (Nick/SMC) DONE
Verify Timing w/ Kevin Gale (Kevin bringing equip / Michele +1 doing timing)DONE
Verify Control w/ Andy DONE
Checkbook at event to pay NEHA ($1.50 per entry) an KSCC (equip fee) (Ros W.)

Shooting from the hip here..... what am I missing?

Steve
SCCVermont@aol.com
Steve #702
It takes hundreds of nuts to hold a car together, but it takes only one of them to scatter it all over the highway. - Evan Esar
Rabbit Farmer
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Entry has been posted! (updated post above) :drinkers:
Steve #702
Rabbit Farmer
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Event flyer HERE... get the word out. If you are around Philo, please put up some posters (with store owner's permission) and post here where you put them.

Thanks.
Steve
Steve #702
Rabbit Farmer
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Regarding the sign that needs to be posted on the hiking trails.... who made that last year and can you do it again?
Steve #702
Rabbit Farmer
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Okay, one more event to go this year. Let's put the same passion as the Stowe autocross into Philo to make it another successful event this year.
Steve #702
Rabbit Farmer
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Ok, we need to talk about SECURITY at the bottom of the hill. Last year we had some options (of which I do not recall the options), but we went with someone that I have known for year who can be a little, um, honest. What are our options for this year? We want to make sure the residence.... opps... residents (how come only one person on the entire planet caught that error and it is the exact sign we used last year!?!?!) get a pleasant experience at the bottom of the hill.

What options do we have?

Steve
Steve #702
Rabbit Farmer
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

chirp-chirp-chirp
Steve #702
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

Rabbit Farmer wrote:Ok, we need to talk about SECURITY at the bottom of the hill. Last year we had some options (of which I do not recall the options), but we went with someone that I have known for year who can be a little, um, honest. What are our options for this year? We want to make sure the residence.... opps... residents (how come only one person on the entire planet caught that error and it is the exact sign we used last year!?!?!) get a pleasant experience at the bottom of the hill.

What options do we have?

Steve
Options:
County Sheriff(Addison or Chitt?)
Hunter North
Censor( are they still in Business?)

Depending on cost, the Sheriff is obviously the most "official"....and are likely the best trained etc. Their cost could be prohibitive.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza sedan made from spare parts (Scrappy)
05 Subaru Legacy GT (Rosie)
02 Subaru impreza Wagon (Mr. the King)
96 Chevy Conversion van (Vango)
Rabbit Farmer
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

This is addressed to YOU.

We are still looking for a registrar for the event.

Post those posters and post back here where you put them so we don't have any duplication.

Thanks
Steve
Steve #702