No
No votes
Need more info
No votes

Total votes: 4

lesterptype

The 57h running of the Mount Equinox Hill Climb

Post by lesterptype »

I would like to inform the membership of the next VSCCA Mt. Equinox Hill Climb. There will be some very famous cars present. Here is a link:

http://web.me.com/dogedoc/Mt._Equinox_H ... lcome.html
gtivr4

Re: The 57h running of the Mount Equinox Hill Climb

Post by gtivr4 »

Hmm, I could be up for helping out. I always enjoy vintage events, and that weekend looks to be open. What are the details for marshals? Is there camping available onsite/nearby?
Nathan Dana
1990 Miata, 1992 Volvo Cow, 1997 Sonoma, 2012 Locost 7
lesterptype

Post by lesterptype »

Thanks for your reply,
We may have some Saturday or Sunday spots open. If you email me at equinoxhillclimb@me.com I can contact you if spots open up.

Joseph
Rabbit Farmer
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Per the website, it looks like the hillclimb is August 22-23, 2009. I went down to the hillclimb a number of years ago to watch fellow hillclimbers Bill Rutan and Bob D'Amore run their cars up the hill (slightly different cars than what they run at the NEHA hillclimbs). There are a lot of nice cars that make the 5.x mile trip up the hill. I remember (a number of years ago) Bill was looking into the possibility of NEHA having a hillclimb at Equinox; not a lot of progress, I suppose.

It is the same weekend as the Burke hillclimb this year, so Equinox is not an option for me.

Thanks for posting the information for the SCCV members; always interested in club racing events in Vermont and the New England area.

Steve
Steve #702
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
It takes hundreds of nuts to hold a car together, but it takes only one of them to scatter it all over the highway. - Evan Esar
jkale

Post by jkale »

Aww man. Thats a huge bummer that it is the same weekend as Burke.. I would really like to drive this hill.. Hopefully next year it will not be conflicting..
-Joey Kale

95 Impreza 2dr.-->seam welded/caged
w/--> 2.5L 6spd GT3071R+water/meth
lesterptype

Post by lesterptype »

Please be aware that the Carthusian Monks only permit the VSCCA to have this event on their mountain. The reason is Dr. Davidson, the Carthusians benefactor of the 9000 acre mountain, passed it on to us. As the event chairman however, I do have latitude for some cars that are historically significant but do not precisely fit the criteria for a VSCCA eligible car.
After 3 years of interacting with this cloistered and very religious group, I can tell you they are wonderful people and enjoy having us there (I guess being around for 900 years, they know something about not breaking traditions). After working with them for the past 2 years, they spent significant sums of money to regrade and repave the worst 1.6 miles of the road.

Joseph