Mt. Philo Hillclimb (2009) Organization

Hillclimbs for NEHA (SCCV, SCCNH, KSCC)
Rabbit Farmer
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Re: Mt. Philo Hillclimb (2009) Organization

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Give me a call at eight am and I will try to locate my extra. Option two is to install a window. Also.... If a prepared car, you need a suit.
Steve #702
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
It takes hundreds of nuts to hold a car together, but it takes only one of them to scatter it all over the highway. - Evan Esar
DaveP189

Post by DaveP189 »

where it can be shown to the Technical Inspector that it will interfere with the safe operation of the car, this requirement can be waived.
Safe operation, huh? Cow Volvo? I wanna see the look on their faces! :omg:

BTW Jim, did you find another driver?
Dave P. #189 '02 MINI CooperS+ "Elphie"
"People who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music." -unknown
skivittlerjimb

Post by skivittlerjimb »

Nope, no co-driver. I do have a suit so I'm all set there. Arm restraints might be slightly easier than installing nets, but I'm pretty sure I won't be "ruining" the car at all if I thrash around a bit to install them. Steve, I hope to be there ~3 or 4pm on Friday so I hope you can find your extra set of nets.

If anyone wants to co-drive the Volvo and promises not to try to stuff it into a tree or down a hillside, they're welcome to it assuming the other cow owners are OK with it.
-Jim B.
'92 GVR4 280/1000
skivittlerjimb

Post by skivittlerjimb »

Also - just saw this on the NEHA forums:

Need a Helmet
Post by RalphC on Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:30 pm
Hola,

This is going to be my first Hill Climb and i've decided to enter kind of last minute and all, so am looking for a helmet to borrow/buy/use. Anyone who may have one i could use for the weekend give me a call or respond to this 508-776-0763

Thanks!
Ralph
As it can be hard to switch helmets between run groups, can someone from amongst the workers bring an extra helmet for this guy and give him a call? I'll post on the NEHA forums that I cross-posted his request here. Thanks!
-Jim B.
'92 GVR4 280/1000
Rabbit Farmer
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Bring a lot of hose clamps to install the net. I'm going out to the garage right now to look for the net (includes rods and the net, just need the hose clamps to install on the car)
Steve #702
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
It takes hundreds of nuts to hold a car together, but it takes only one of them to scatter it all over the highway. - Evan Esar
HondaSi

Post by HondaSi »

Any special way that the fire extinguisher has to be placed it the car? I put it in the only way I could think of, it is straped down in front of my passenger seat. Don't know how important placement is as long as it is in their. It is within my reach and not behinde me. I hope it is ok the way I have it. See everyone Sunday.
DaveP189

Post by DaveP189 »

skivittlerjimb wrote:Also - just saw this on the NEHA forums:

Need a Helmet
Post by RalphC on Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:30 pm
Hola,

This is going to be my first Hill Climb and i've decided to enter kind of last minute and all, so am looking for a helmet to borrow/buy/use. Anyone who may have one i could use for the weekend give me a call or respond to this 508-776-0763

Thanks!
Ralph
As it can be hard to switch helmets between run groups, can someone from amongst the workers bring an extra helmet for this guy and give him a call? I'll post on the NEHA forums that I cross-posted his request here. Thanks!
Walter Clark had posted that the guy was buying one from him, he had in both the Philo thread and the General Discussion section (FYI)
Re: Need a Helmet!
by walterclark on Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:12 pm

He may be all set. I had a suitable helmet in our classifieds for a good price and it looks like Ralph is taking it.
"People who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music." -unknown
STI NICK

Post by STI NICK »

HondaSi wrote:Any special way that the fire extinguisher has to be placed it the car? I put it in the only way I could think of, it is straped down in front of my passenger seat. Don't know how important placement is as long as it is in their. It is within my reach and not behinde me. I hope it is ok the way I have it. See everyone Sunday.

Sounds like it should be fine.
Nick
11 F150 ECOBoost
13 Focus ST
04 Volvo XC70
RalphC

Post by RalphC »

Just wanted to post a big Thank You to everyone who's been helping me out.

I've heard nothing but good things about the hillclimbing people and now have seen it first hand. Look foward to meeting you all at Philo.
DaveP189

Post by DaveP189 »

Same here - see you soon...