Mt. Philo Hillclimb (2009) Organization

Hillclimbs for NEHA (SCCV, SCCNH, KSCC)
DaveP189

Re: Mt. Philo Hillclimb (2009) Organization

Post by DaveP189 »

Ditto - You could pencil me in for the registrar thing again next year, even knowing what I know now :lol: - funny how things you never expect sometimes come up right out of the blue, eh?
Dave P. #189 '02 MINI CooperS+ "Elphie"
"People who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music." -unknown
DaveP189

Post by DaveP189 »

... And thank goodness Ryan and Nick are both OK :beer2:
Dave P. #189 '02 MINI CooperS+ "Elphie"
"People who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music." -unknown
NY03SVT

Post by NY03SVT »

Glad you guys are ok. Had fun up there on Saturday. I'll definitely be back next year.
2003 Ford Focus SVT #43
"Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves." ~Albert Einstein
honda8790

Post by honda8790 »

Ryan, Russ called me and told me the news on Sunday. Glad to hear you're OK. Let me know if you need any help with anything.

Nick, glad to hear everything was OK with you too. Sounds like Joey has two more cars at his shop to add to the project car collection. :(
00 Honda S2000 - Summer Fun
STI NICK

Post by STI NICK »

Thanks to everyone that helped out and made the event happen. Steve and I do a lot of the preliminary stuff to get the event going, but it take a lot of help to make the weekend happen. A real big thanks to Dave, Charlotte, and Bill for taking on the the task of registration and worker coordinator. They are 2 difficult jobs that can be very frustrating. So again thanks to everyone.

I am ok. Just a bruised ego. The car will be back up and running for next season.
Nick
11 F150 ECOBoost
13 Focus ST
04 Volvo XC70
jkale

Post by jkale »

Thanks to everyone who made Philo a success. Especially Nick, Steve, and all of the workers. I had a great time, despite being overly tired on saturday. I hope I provided good entertainment at checkpoint 5 when I drove halfway up the bank and popped a tire... dont plan on doing that again.

Ryan, you scared the shiite out of me. Dont do that again. I was surprised at how coherent you were when you came back to the hill and am glad you were able to walk away.. No more challenging trees...

Its going to be a long off-season with much work to be done. Hopefully, if all goes well, I will be back in a tube frame chassis..
-Joey Kale

95 Impreza 2dr.-->seam welded/caged
w/--> 2.5L 6spd GT3071R+water/meth
jkale

Post by jkale »

STI NICK wrote:Thanks to everyone that helped out and made the event happen. Steve and I do a lot of the preliminary stuff to get the event going, but it take a lot of help to make the weekend happen. A real big thanks to Dave, Charlotte, and Bill for taking on the the task of registration and worker coordinator. They are 2 difficult jobs that can be very frustrating. So again thanks to everyone.

I am ok. Just a bruised ego. The car will be back up and running for next season.
Fixing the car wont be an issue. Unfortunately, I cant repair egos.
-Joey Kale

95 Impreza 2dr.-->seam welded/caged
w/--> 2.5L 6spd GT3071R+water/meth
Goldmember

Post by Goldmember »

Holy crappola Ryan! where did you go off? How bad is the car? How are you feeling now, a few days post-incident?

Thanks to all the folks that answered my multiple questions about hillclimbing. Fantastic food on Saturday, both at lunch and brownies at night!

I can't wait for next year to spend some more time with the great people of NEHA!!
lawdogg

Post by lawdogg »

I was wondering if anyone has any pictures of my car, before the wreck? There were a lot of cameras there and I was really hoping someone grabbed a shot or two of the VR-4. Thanks a ton!

//Ryan

The car went off at turn 1, that little ribbon bump kicked my rear end airborne and rotated the car 90 degrees at the same time. Hopefully we can tear it apart to see what's salvageable sometime this coming week. I am OK just a torn gastrocnemius (inner calf). All I'll be driving are my crutches for a little while. :| :|
Il faut voir pour savoir
8valvegrowl

Post by 8valvegrowl »

I know we have a few pics of your car pre-front end realignment. Once I get home tonight I'll start poing around the computer to see where they ended up.
'99 9.3 - Torquey noodle-mobile.
'08 9.3 SportCombi - Family Wagon.
'87 900 - 8 valves of pure fury.
'91 Legacy AWD - Sold :(
'74 MGBGT - Stage: Welding project.
'87 4Kquattro - Gone, but not forgotten