Hillclimbs for NEHA (SCCV, SCCNH, KSCC)
Rabbit Farmer
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Mt. Philo Hillclimb (2009) Organization

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Mt. Philo Hillclimb is Oct 17-18, 2009
Co-chars are Steve and Nick

Entry has been posted on the http://www.hillclimb.org website (direct link)

In-car video from last year: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfQCAdcvdNc

Pre-Register by October 9th to get the reduce rate. This helps us accurately account for the numbers to determine food (included!).

saabgrrl (Charlotte): Worker Coordinator
DaveVT02S (Dave): Registrar

NOTE: No outside a 50 mile radius firewood is allowed
Showers down at the campgrounds: 50-cents for 5-6 minutes

Campsites, leantos, and the 10 RV/Camper spots on the top of the hill that you need to go through me for reservations. The cost of those sites are the same as the campsites (unsure what that is at this time) and must be paid to me (cash or check payable to the SCCV).

RV Spots in Parking Lot
Price per night: $16 VT resident ($32) / $18 out of state ($36)
1. Earl and the lovely Sharon
2. John Marsha (last hillclimb!)
3. Kevin Gale
4. Clark Hinchman
5. Dave/food (Clark Hinchman)
6. Sherman & Michele
7. "Goldmember"
8.Brian Dennis
10. Butch & Jackie (tentative)

Leanto
Price: $23 VT resident ($46) / $25 out of state ($50)
Oak: Steve & Nick
Cedar: Don & Walter
Pine: Ben Candal ("CANDALMAN")

Campsites
Sites 1, 3, 6, 7, 8 / Price per night: $18 VT resident ($36) / $20 out of state ($40)
Sites 2, 4 / Price per night: $16 VT resident ($32) / $18 out of state ($36)
Campsite information: http://www.vtstateparks.com/pdfs/philo.pdf

2. Joey Kale
4. Scott Nickerson
7. Chris du Bois (honda#72)
8. Will Vaillancourt

Lunch for drivers is included in the entry fee. Please bring WORKERS as without them we can't have a successful event.

We follow the NEHA rules that are posted at: http://www.hillclimb.org/rules_regs/rules_regs.htm

THINGS TO
1. Create Entry DONE
2. Mail Entry DONE
3. Insurance (Nick: Done and sent to state) DONE
4. Special Use Permit (SUP) sent to state and rec'd back. DONE
5. Copies of SUP State waiver for each driver to sign (at the event... we just need to make copies for registration) DoneMAKE SURE TO BRING TO PHILO... Nick, make sure we sign before we make copies. Done
6. Medical binders (Don Taylor)DONE
7. Wrecker/Tech (Don Taylor) DONE
8. Speedway (Don Taylor) DONE
9. Security for the bottom of the hill (Steve) Lane, same price as last year DONE
10. Registration supplies: Arm bands, pens, entries, waivers, cash box, SUP waiver, etc.Done
11. Dash Plaques (Steve) DONE (came out great!)(Ros already paid invoice)
12. Place Plaques (i.e. 1st, 2nd, 3rd) (Sherman to bring to Philo) DONE
13. One way signs for hill (Need to verify supplies in trailer) (Nick then Steve)Done
14. Port-o-let DONE P&P Septic 658-6243 Arrive by 2pm on Friday/remove Monday AM.
15. Signs for trails (Eric laminated and gave to Steve) DONE
16. RPM Tour (I will get with them)

17. Signs for local stores (Mobil, Grant's family store) Need to do Charlotte and Ferrisburg USPS
18. [Also: Steve and Nick to go to Philo to meet with Ranger and drop off two posters] DONE

19. Local newspapers (Submitted to Charlotte News, Addison Independent, Burlington Free Press on 9/28)($50.50 in Burlington Free Press... invoice going to PO Box)DONE
20. Phones/Radios (Walter bringing to Philo) DONE
21. KSCC equipment (Good on KSCC rental, need to pick up equipment in NH at Victor's)
22. Food (Nick)Done
23. Verify Timing w/ Kevin Gale (Kevin bringing equip) DONE
24. Verify Control Person: Andy DONE
25. Checkbook at event to pay NEHA ($1.50 per entry) and KSCC (equip fee $3.50/$210 cap) (Nick) Done (Checks in hand)

-------- Original Post ----------

We are still working with the state to iron out the terms outlined in the Special Use Permit (SUP). The state is trying increase the fee for the rental of the hill plus (and this is the matter of discussion) costs of the rangers for the weekend.

The rental fee for the hill is still in the discussion point for the state (i.e. proposal with comment period) and is attached HERE. (might take a moment to load as it is 1.8M)

Steve
Steve #702
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
It takes hundreds of nuts to hold a car together, but it takes only one of them to scatter it all over the highway. - Evan Esar
lawdogg

Re: Mt. Philo Hillclimb (2009) Organization

Post by lawdogg »

Let me know if I can help. I live right next to it. I REALLY hope it works out.
Il faut voir pour savoir
Rabbit Farmer
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Do you know who owns the fields directly across from the entrance to Philo or the property next to it. I'm trying to determine some trailer parking options for the event.
Steve #702
It takes hundreds of nuts to hold a car together, but it takes only one of them to scatter it all over the highway. - Evan Esar
DaveP189

Post by DaveP189 »

Rabbit Farmer wrote:Mt. Philo Hillclimb is Oct 17-18, 2009

We are still working with the state to iron out the terms outlined in the Special Use Permit (SUP). The state is trying increase the fee for the rental of the hill plus (and this is the matter of discussion) costs of the rangers for the weekend.

The rental fee for the hill is still in the discussion point for the state (i.e. proposal with comment period) and is attached HERE.
Steve, is this in line with the fees for Okemo/Burke/Ascutney?
Dave P. #189 '02 MINI CooperS+ "Elphie"
"People who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music." -unknown
STI NICK

Post by STI NICK »

DaveVT02S wrote:
Rabbit Farmer wrote:Mt. Philo Hillclimb is Oct 17-18, 2009

The rental fee for the hill is still in the discussion point for the state (i.e. proposal with comment period) and is attached HERE.
Steve, is this in line with the fees for Okemo/Burke/Ascutney?
Yes and no. Speaking with the other clubs at the hillclimb this weekend they are paying a lot less right now, but have been told there is an increase for next year. I have a feeling that the reason they dragged their feet this year is so they can implement their cost increase for philo this year because the other clubs were able to pay back in January and got a cheaper rate for this year. Although there was some discussion about making them pay higher rates this year.

The other factor is that the other hills are in different regions and they deal with different people than we do. So while they all have the same boss they can add fees and expenses on for their region on top of what their boss gives for a rate.
Nick
11 F150 ECOBoost
13 Focus ST
04 Volvo XC70
lawdogg

Post by lawdogg »

Rabbit Farmer wrote:Do you know who owns the fields directly across from the entrance to Philo or the property next to it. I'm trying to determine some trailer parking options for the event.
I can definitely find that out. I'll hopefully have an answer by tonight.
Il faut voir pour savoir
Rabbit Farmer
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Teh $1550 would apply to all hills owned by the state. Speaking with Earl Hayes (KSCC) he rec'd the exact same letter for Okemo... I think the same goes for Burke. I haven't heard anything from SCCNH regarding the fee, but it may have been included in their monthly meeting minutes that I neglected to read.
Steve #702
lawdogg

Post by lawdogg »

Shoot, I up and forgot to find out. Sending email now ...
Il faut voir pour savoir
lawdogg

Post by lawdogg »

Here's the email I received back from my Mom (on the Charlotte Land Trust committee) ..
Chuck Allmon owns the north side - he lives in Wyoming and Hawaii and Maryland. He is a old tough cookie, but I could find you his numbers if you want them. The south side of State Park Rd is owned by a couple form NYC. I can't remember their names, but I can get that and possibily their numbers. They bought that parcel from Clark Hinsdale and conserved it. They are nice, but not sure they would do it.
Let me know.

//Ryan
Il faut voir pour savoir
Rabbit Farmer
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Any contact information would be great. I think we might have a need for a place to park trailers. It doesn't have to be right next to the hill... down the road is fine if necessary. Trying to determine our options.
Steve #702