Okemo 7/10 & 7/11 2010 Questions

Hillclimbs for NEHA (SCCV, SCCNH, KSCC)
City Goat

Re: Okemo 7/10 & 7/11 2010 Questions

Post by City Goat »

sachilles wrote:You just end up in prepared. No huge difference other than who is in you class. Similar requirements on the safety gear(suit etc).
If you just want to stretch the cars legs, it doesn't really matter, just concern yourself with having the safety requirements met. Just because you are a P car doesn't mean they expect you to go up the hill like a bat out of hell.
Rabbit Farmer wrote:I didn't realize that your car isn't street legal. Yep, prepared it is then. This means mandatory car, mandatory suit (fire retard. clothing), and a requirement for a kill switch. Goes by engine size in prepared. You'd be in P2, I think. My Rabbit is in P2 and that is a 1.8-liter.
Ok...simple enough, just adds some cost I wasn't expecting, but safety gear is money well spent. A lot of the required stuff for Prepared was being installed on the car anyway (kill switch, d/s loop, etc)

Looks like I will end up in P3, it's a 1.8l Miata engine...130HP of fury! :)

Are arm restraints and/or safety net 100% necessary? It says it can be waived if it "interferes with the safe operation of the car"

And one more question (you know there's more coming!) ...camping allowed in the lot?
Last edited by City Goat on Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rabbit Farmer
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

If you have window nets and a roof, you don't need arm restraints.
Steve #702
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
It takes hundreds of nuts to hold a car together, but it takes only one of them to scatter it all over the highway. - Evan Esar
City Goat

Post by City Goat »

Rabbit Farmer wrote:If you have window nets and a roof, you don't need arm restraints.
I have neither....arm restraints here we come. Think just duct tape and string is ok? :hammer:
gtivr4

Post by gtivr4 »

Rabbit Farmer wrote:I'm not a cage builder...... and this is just my opinion, thought, observation as a non-fabricator/non-builder of cages, that there should be more support for the A-pillar. It seems it doesn't have any support (i.e. gusset) and there is a long distance between the A pillar and the B pillar (assumption that the B pillar is at the driver's head and there is actually no C pillar). Just thoughts and observations. :popcorn:
It does look pretty long from A to B, but remember you are seeing it without bodywork, and of course a Locost is a short car overall, so its a bit deceptive.
Nathan Dana
1990 Miata, 1992 Volvo Cow, 1997 Sonoma, 2012 Locost 7
City Goat

Post by City Goat »

Hey guys,

Just wanted to post up since I expressed so much interest in this climb that due to a serious family emergency I won't be attending the climb this weekend.

Car is still being finished up and I'm hoping to make the Okemo 2 climb on 8/7 & 8.

Best of luck to all involved.

-Ryan
Rabbit Farmer
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Ryan.

Too bad that you will not be able to make it. Hope to see you at O2.

Steve
Steve #702
It takes hundreds of nuts to hold a car together, but it takes only one of them to scatter it all over the highway. - Evan Esar
City Goat

Post by City Goat »

Rabbit Farmer wrote:Ryan.

Too bad that you will not be able to make it. Hope to see you at O2.

Steve
Hey Steve,

Thanks for the kind words.

How was the climb?
Rabbit Farmer
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Strange. Series of FAM runs on Saturday (first time that has ever happened, as far as I know) with great weather on Sunday. Two wrecks (one with broken steering that brought it off the road at corner one and one roll over at finish), a first FTD for Kevin Gale (drives a big modified), half barrel of good beer, and good eats.
Steve #702
City Goat

Post by City Goat »

Rabbit Farmer wrote:Strange. Series of FAM runs on Saturday (first time that has ever happened, as far as I know) with great weather on Sunday. Two wrecks (one with broken steering that brought it off the road at corner one and one roll over at finish), a first FTD for Kevin Gale (drives a big modified), half barrel of good beer, and good eats.
:( Hope the roll over driver is ok. That doesn't sound good at all.
Rabbit Farmer
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Driver okay, but sore. As it was explained to me, at least two rolls and then into the woods. The car doesn't look as bad as I would have expected it to be, but Nick mentioned that it was all soft mud where he rolled. Car is a total (per someone on the hillclimb.org forums). If was caged. Driver was flying (I'll post up video this week, I hope)

Steve
Steve #702