Ascutney 2 - 9/17-19

Hillclimbs for NEHA (SCCV, SCCNH, KSCC)
City Goat

Ascutney 2 - 9/17-19

Post by City Goat »

Hey all,

I hate to even post this for fearing of jinxing myself again...but after many delays, set backs and general bad luck lol...I should be seeing you folks tomorrow in Windsor, Vermont for the Ascutney 2 climb.

The Lotus is done. Getting the needed extra safety stuff installed as we speak.

Just looking to take it slow, learn the car and have some fun this weekend. I heard Ascutney isn't the smoothest course. Not going to be breaking any records...or hopefully any parts! :)

If you see a green 7, come say hi to me, my wife and my dog!

-Ryan
Rabbit Farmer
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Re: Ascutney 2 - 9/17-19

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Ryan.

Hope to see you there. I won't be driving (grumble-grumble-grumble) but will take pictures. No video... takes too long to put that together. I'll be with the drunk people (keg?).

Steve
Steve #702
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
It takes hundreds of nuts to hold a car together, but it takes only one of them to scatter it all over the highway. - Evan Esar
gtivr4

Post by gtivr4 »

Ryan - best of luck with your Locost outing! Hope you get it up the hill a few times! Maybe in a year or two I will join you :D
Nathan Dana
1990 Miata, 1992 Volvo Cow, 1997 Sonoma, 2012 Locost 7
City Goat

Post by City Goat »

Rabbit Farmer wrote:Ryan.

Hope to see you there. I won't be driving (grumble-grumble-grumble) but will take pictures. No video... takes too long to put that together. I'll be with the drunk people (keg?).

Steve
Steve!

No driving? Hope all is ok :( Well, glad we'll be able to chill regardless. Me and the wife will be camping at the park each night so we are looking forward to a fun time.
gtivr4 wrote:Ryan - best of luck with your Locost outing! Hope you get it up the hill a few times! Maybe in a year or two I will join you :D
Hey bud,

I've had the car driveable for the last 2 weeks...there was a big big big rush to get it ready for my wedding. The last week we've just been making it trackable. Put 11 of the most exciting miles of my life on the 7 so far. I think Ascutney will be a good first time to take the car out and learn the ins and outs of it.

Again, just looking to have fun, learn the car and drive her back down the hill my last run :)

Come up one day this weekend! Hang out!
GTI_VT

Post by GTI_VT »

I am new to this racing thing and will be hillclimbing next season. I was wondering if i could maybe get a fam run on Sat from some one. What time do the fam runs start?
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

Riding on a fam run is at the chair persons discretion. Usually they'll allow a worker to go on one provided their is enough worker coverage. Best to talk to the chair at the event. Workers meeting is usually at 7am. You must have the safety equipment appropriate for the car you are riding in. SA2000 helmet or better. if caged, you'd need a driving suit and gloves. SCCNH is the club organizing this event, so they may have other requirements. I believe Dave and Diane Burden are chairing the event? You may be able to get their contact info on the entry form on hillclimb.org.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza sedan made from spare parts (Scrappy)
05 Subaru Legacy GT (Rosie)
02 Subaru impreza Wagon (Mr. the King)
96 Chevy Conversion van (Vango)
Rabbit Farmer
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

I'm not racing because of this.....

But will be there having fun regardless. :drinkers: x 100

Steve #702
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
It takes hundreds of nuts to hold a car together, but it takes only one of them to scatter it all over the highway. - Evan Esar
City Goat

Post by City Goat »

Failtastic.

I think next time there is a potential track day for me, I'm just gonna keep my mouth shut and just show up. Jinxed myself. Never got up to the climb.

Had an issue with the car when I picked it up Friday morning and never got her on the trailer. Car is ok. Just was a discouraging situation and I needed a break from the car for a weekend. Bleh.