TSD?

Hillclimbs for NEHA (SCCV, SCCNH, KSCC)
lonewolf014

TSD?

Post by lonewolf014 »

Didn't you guys run a TSD at one of the hill climbs a year or two ago? My wife and I were thinking of trying to do one or two of these this year and were trying to find some pretty close to us. I was thinking if you had one at okemo or Mt Philo we could make one or both of them.
BugEyeRex
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Re: TSD?

Post by BugEyeRex »

I believe you might be refering to a TSD that started at the base of Ascutney. That one was run by SCCNH. We have not put on a TSD in a long time. Two clubs that do them in VT and NH are Sports Car Club of New Hampshire(SCCNH.org) and the New England Chapter of SCCA (NER.org).
Chris SCCV #169

93 Blue Impreza Wrx conversion (toy)
02 Blue WRX Wagon (toy)
98 Green Civic 4dr (basic transport)
08 Red GTI 4dr (toy when given permission from the boss)
BugEyeRex
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Post by BugEyeRex »

I just remembered that there were a couple of TSDs that was done on Saturday after the hill was closed at a couple of hillclimbs. They were for drivers and workers to participate in. I remember Ascutney and Okemo being the hills it was done at.
Chris SCCV #169

93 Blue Impreza Wrx conversion (toy)
02 Blue WRX Wagon (toy)
98 Green Civic 4dr (basic transport)
08 Red GTI 4dr (toy when given permission from the boss)
lonewolf014

Post by lonewolf014 »

Ok I'll check out their sites then. Thanks for the reply.
Dave_G

Post by Dave_G »

I do a lot of TSD rallies, and NER is pretty much the only game in town any more. They put on a good series and my son and I have a lot of fun doing them. The next one in their series should be the Big Lap Rally (central NH) in June. It's not on their web page yet, but I spoke with the rally master at the last event, and he assured me that it would be happening. After that is the Rally Against Leukemia in August, and then Vermont's own Covered Bridge Rally in November. The other two big NER rallies are the Vermont Winter Challenge Rally and the Frost Heaves Rally, both in February.

The next closest groups that do a lot of TSDs are the SCCA Finger Lakes Region (quite a long drive from Vermont), and the Sports Motor Car Club in Montreal (which use a bit of a different procedure than U.S. rallies, but are the same idea).
Dave GuertinImage
'90 Miata (summer fun)
'91 BMW 325iX (winter fun) oo=[][]=oo
'04 Mazda 6s wagon (family fun)
gtivr4

Post by gtivr4 »

We used to have a pretty active TSD series. What happened to the guy in the yellow beetle that ran them? I know they are a lot of work to put together, but they are fun, especially since anyone can participate.
Nathan Dana
1990 Miata, 1992 Volvo Cow, 1997 Sonoma, 2012 Locost 7
MX5 Driver
SCCV Webmaster
SCCV Webmaster

Post by MX5 Driver »

gtivr4 wrote:We used to have a pretty active TSD series. What happened to the guy in the yellow beetle that ran them? I know they are a lot of work to put together, but they are fun, especially since anyone can participate.
Lance Pickup (yellow beetle guy) was our last true "Rally Coordinator" before the board position merged into "Event Coordinator". Unfortunately, he moved south to the Carolinas a few years back.
Tim W.
SCCV #72
Butch#178

Post by Butch#178 »

I know they did have 1 at Ascutney a few years back but have not hear about any lately.Now can so one tell me if they are racing pass the bridge or are they stopping there.

Thanks Butch :3gears:
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

I don't think they are doing the long course, but I'm not 100% certain.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza sedan made from spare parts (Scrappy)
05 Subaru Legacy GT (Rosie)
02 Subaru impreza Wagon (Mr. the King)
96 Chevy Conversion van (Vango)
STI NICK

Post by STI NICK »

m1bes wrote:I know they did have 1 at Ascutney a few years back but have not hear about any lately.Now can so one tell me if they are racing pass the bridge or are they stopping there.

Thanks Butch :3gears:
I think they are going pass the bridge to the normal finish. Last I knew they gave up on that idea unless things that changed recently.
Nick
11 F150 ECOBoost
13 Focus ST
04 Volvo XC70