Questions, questions

Hillclimbs for NEHA (SCCV, SCCNH, KSCC)
Infront

Questions, questions

Post by Infront »

Hi,

I recently moved over from the UK and am new to the hillclimb scene, but I hope to compete this year beginning at Ascutney.
I assume that the entry form will become available on www.hillclimb.org in the next week or so, or if not, how do I register?

I have a UK spec motorcycle helmet, which is only 2 years old, but does not bear the Snell markings. I guess in need a new helmet?

With regards to the unprepared classification, I do have some possible minor infringements. My question here is whether these infringements can be eradicated by weighting my profile as per the ‘Adjustments from the norm’ on the NEHA worksheet.
The problem area’s can see are,
- I have a Kirkey race seat that I put in due to my head rubbing on the roof! This is securely mounted using much flat bar and high grade bolts. I still use the stock seatbelt. The rest of the interior is intact.
- I have a Momo st wheel & boss extension.
- The car had a Techtonics ‘Street sport’ header, bought in error by the previous owner who I assume found it a cheaper option than a new VAG manifold. This header still keeps the Cat in the stock location.
- The car has a Neuspeed throttle body (no real prob there, I can change back to std)
- It has a ‘g’ grind cam in it also.

Thanks in advance for any info you can give me.

Chris Bennett
Rabbit Farmer
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Chris.... with all your parts, sounds like you have a VW.

I don't believe a racing seat impacts a U car. You can run a cage in a U car. Read this important information regarding the Ascutney hillclimbs:
SCCNH Rule

I'm unsure about the classing of a U car... I have been in SP from the start.

You can post your question on the NEHA e-mail list (how to do this is at hillclimb.org).

Also, by joining this list you will know when the entry form is posted. And yes, hopefully someone will send it to me to put up on the hillclimb.org site.

Helmet: You cannot run a motorcycle helmet at the hillclimbs. Helmet must be SA (I would suggest 'or equivalent', but this isn't stated in the rules... another question for the NEHA list)

Steve
Steve #702
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
It takes hundreds of nuts to hold a car together, but it takes only one of them to scatter it all over the highway. - Evan Esar
Infront

Post by Infront »

Thanks Steve,

I have done that now.

Yes it is a Rabbit GTI, I should have just bought yours in hindsight!

Cheers,

Chris
Rabbit Farmer
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

I still have it.... :)

SP4 car.
Steve #702
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
It takes hundreds of nuts to hold a car together, but it takes only one of them to scatter it all over the highway. - Evan Esar