SLMP III (2009)... videos, pictures, comments, 3 hr burgers

SLMP, AIS, NHIS, Limerock, etc.
Rabbit Farmer
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

SLMP III (2009)... videos, pictures, comments, 3 hr burgers

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Good times (minus 2nd gear), great driving, good beer (Chris! I owe you money for keg #2), good food (mmmm, unlimited supply of potatoes), a lot was learned (i.e. a car with really, really, really good tires on the front and not so good tires on the rear is impossible to correct in an over steer situation.... both feet in was the solution, but I never left the track), etc. :drinkers:

Big thanks to Roger for allowing me to drive his Honda; thanks to Nate and Jon for the offer. I enjoyed doing timing on Sunday, a lot of video from both days (I'll post up within the next few days... can't believe I missed Charlie's spin in Chris' car).

I wonder if the lady from the 3 hour burger bar is still wondering where Mr. Right (Charlie) ran off to in such a hurry. Yes, Ryan... there is a such a thing as a fire that is too big.

Looking forward to SLMP I (2010).... Nick and I both want to co-chair that event also. (seems we have the trucks to get stuff there, so that helps a bit) :mrgreen:

Steve
Steve #702
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
It takes hundreds of nuts to hold a car together, but it takes only one of them to scatter it all over the highway. - Evan Esar
Rabbit Farmer
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Re: SLMP III (2009)... videos, pictures, comments, 3 hr burgers

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

The beauty of MS-Excel... able to write a short formula to write all the code needed to post 23 pictures with a simple drag/copy move of the mouse.

From my video camera, so do not expect too much (for photos). Photos were limited to our small sub-culture, but I did get all the cars on video.

Steve

Steve #702
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
It takes hundreds of nuts to hold a car together, but it takes only one of them to scatter it all over the highway. - Evan Esar
BugEyeRex
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Post by BugEyeRex »

Yup, another SLMP. Charlie has a new girlfriend, she lives a mile from SLMP. The Mutt used as much of a tire as it possibly can without blowing it. Great grilled food.... (I owe money for food). Robin laughing so hard at dinner that she was crying.... between the owner of the restraunt with pants up to his armpits giving Julie a card for a free Tilapia dinner, cheeseburger flavored underwear and who knows what she was thinking. Flames coming out of tailpipes. Joey's invisible car. Can't we have a winter SLMP? :D
Chris SCCV #169

93 Blue Impreza Wrx conversion (toy)
02 Blue WRX Wagon (toy)
98 Green Civic 4dr (basic transport)
08 Red GTI 4dr (toy when given permission from the boss)
jkale

Post by jkale »

Thanks to everyone who made this event happen. I had a great time. The weather could not have been better. I could have/should have done a little less of this--> :drinkers: .. But the beer was just too good to refuse. Thanks Chris.

Thats the first time Ive ever had nachos without cheese which somehow took 2.5 hours to make.

I think from now on when a waiter asks a group of us if we have seen the movie "Waiting", we should immediately get up and leave... for those who have not seen it, rent it.. you will probably do this--> :vom:

The meals we had at the track were better than anything I ate all weekend. Thanks to the chefs...

Cant wait to see the incar and out of car footage of everything... especially nick's runs in my car :drive1: .. :lol: Also, Nick, thanks for lending me your grippy rubber. Those tires are a world of a difference compared to my re-11's..

Looking forward to the next excursion at SLMP... :drinkers:
-Joey Kale

95 Impreza 2dr.-->seam welded/caged
w/--> 2.5L 6spd GT3071R+water/meth
Goldmember

Post by Goldmember »

Fantastic weekend, thanks to the organizers who put it all together. The weather was superb, my cars behaved, and the one bad point was the 3hr experience of Saturday's dinner. It still provided a wealth of stories, Charlie's NY honey, the red/white&blue harmonica player, and the "Stripper Tube" included.

I have some wheels turning in my head on what to do with a few of my Honda Fleet this off season now that I got a successful weekend at SLMP. Marla and I are already looking forward to next year.
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

So I take it the chinese buffet was not the typical saturday routine?
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza sedan made from spare parts (Scrappy)
05 Subaru Legacy GT (Rosie)
02 Subaru impreza Wagon (Mr. the King)
96 Chevy Conversion van (Vango)
honda8790

Post by honda8790 »

Thanks to everyone for another successful SLMP and to those that made it happen. This was another great tire shredding, gas guzzling, brake fluid boiling event :D .
The whether couldn’t have been better and I don’t think there were too many casualties for the weekend.....hopefully everyone made it home. Joey was a blast to watch in is “go-cart on steroids” too :lol: . Too bad there isn’t a SLMP4 ....can’t wait for next year.
00 Honda S2000 - Summer Fun
lawdogg

Post by lawdogg »

What a great weekend. I had such a great time, despite the broken rotor taking the VR-4 out of the game early on Saturday. I owe a HUGE debt of gratitute to everyone who let me pilot their cars around the track. The Cobra, the miata, and the CRX were A BLAST to drive. And more thanks to Nick and everyone who showed me how you're supposed to drive around the course! :shock:

So I'll work on the stripper tube, remember to ask my next waiter to hold the waiting, and remember to bring lighter fluid :snakeman: for next year. :axe:

:D

//Ryan
Il faut voir pour savoir
STI NICK

Post by STI NICK »

sachilles wrote:So I take it the chinese buffet was not the typical saturday routine?
We thought we would try the steak place that was just down the road. I would not try that again. 3 hours just to get the food, and none of it came out right. there is more to the story, but you have to hear it in person.
Nick
11 F150 ECOBoost
13 Focus ST
04 Volvo XC70
HondaSi

Post by HondaSi »

Thanks to everyone for a great time, I had a blast. Here is some of the video I took from the weekend :D

This was my first run on Sunday. The first lap was a 57.3, my best of the weekend.

Me threw the Chicane

Joey Kale in his STI

Joey and Nick from the hill