SLMP IV Oct 2-3 The official event :)

SLMP, AIS, NHIS, Limerock, etc.
STI NICK

Re: SLMP IV Oct 2-3 The official event :)

Post by STI NICK »

That's not a problem. Thanks for the effort Dave
Nick
11 F150 ECOBoost
13 Focus ST
04 Volvo XC70
honda8790

Post by honda8790 »

Nick, I can fit SOME things in the RSX; possibly timing equipment. I don't have room for cones but I do know that there is at least one pickup going over because Russ' Cobra is going on a trailer. I'll ask those guys if Russ doesn't chime in.

How much room does the timing equipment take up?
00 Honda S2000 - Summer Fun
DaveP189

Post by DaveP189 »

honda8790 wrote:Nick, I can fit SOME things in the RSX; possibly timing equipment. I don't have room for cones but I do know that there is at least one pickup going over becuase Russ' cobra is going on a trailer. I'll ask those guys if Russ doesn't chime in.

How much room does the timing equipment take up?
The timer is about a 2x2x3 case + laptop - the cones we used last time fit in the back of Chris's Subie, along with all their other (personal) stuff...
Recounted the way we set-up cones for III, we would be good w/ 40-45 cone (plus what he already has there)...
Thanks, Peter!
Dave P. #189 '02 MINI CooperS+ "Elphie"
"People who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music." -unknown
343Saturn

Post by 343Saturn »

I'm pretty sure Tom is going to get all the equipment there and may have already set something up with Nick. It is either going in the back of his 4Runner or he can tow the club trailer - either way, the equipment will get there.
STI NICK

Post by STI NICK »

Timing equipment is working again. Bottom line. we need to take better care of it, and we need to stop driving over the wires. I am working on getting some of the strips that will allow us to drive over the wires. In a lot of cases its impossible to not drive over at least one of them.

Tom and I have been emailing about getting the equipment. If all he needs is timing and cones. Maybe a small container of speedy dry, there is not much reason for the whole trailer to go. I think we are going to try and go through it this weekend anyway for philo.
Nick
11 F150 ECOBoost
13 Focus ST
04 Volvo XC70
DaveP189

Post by DaveP189 »

STI NICK wrote:Timing equipment is working again. Bottom line. we need to take better care of it, and we need to stop driving over the wires. I am working on getting some of the strips that will allow us to drive over the wires. In a lot of cases its impossible to not drive over at least one of them.
Wondered at III if we could suspend it between the timing EZ-up and pole/stick - wouldn't have to be too close to the track, just room enough (H & W) to get the cars under - I'll try to work on that for this event
STI NICK wrote:If all he needs is timing and cones. Maybe a small container of speedy dry...
+ "couple" of fire extinguishers, 2 flags
STI NICK wrote:...there is not much reason for the whole trailer to go. I think we are going to try and go through it this weekend anyway for philo.
My thoughts exactly.
"People who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music." -unknown
STI NICK

Post by STI NICK »

Dave I am picking up a couple Cable Guards today so you will have them for this weekend. Its the same flexible guard that we use at philo on the down road to protect the wire.
Nick
11 F150 ECOBoost
13 Focus ST
04 Volvo XC70
DaveP189

Post by DaveP189 »

:coolthumb:
Add to list: WAIVERS (in case they're not in the case/laptop bag)...
DaveP189

Post by DaveP189 »

More Rain!! Come on, that all you got?!
(getting it out of the way now: w/end forecast calls for 55 and partly cloudy, so...)
honda8790

Post by honda8790 »

...yes more rain. The weekend looks decent though. Partly cloudy (partly sunny for those that are optimistic) and mid to high 50's both days. The part that I am curious about is the 36 degree nights and what that will do to my race tires. I suspect they will be a little slippery for the first couple of runs. :drive1:
00 Honda S2000 - Summer Fun