SLMP IV Oct 2-3 The official event :)

SLMP, AIS, NHIS, Limerock, etc.
sachilles

Re: SLMP IV Oct 2-3 The official event :)

Post by sachilles »

You could bring them in the tent with you for insulation/keep them warm. :lol:
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza sedan made from spare parts (Scrappy)
05 Subaru Legacy GT (Rosie)
02 Subaru impreza Wagon (Mr. the King)
96 Chevy Conversion van (Vango)
piper.gras

Post by piper.gras »

SLMP claims another victim... blew up the motor in the 350z today. I have a piece of piston in my hand right now that blew out the bottom of the motor.
Peter G.

1986 Chevy Camaro IROC-Z28 w/LS1 swap
1999 Audi A4 - Daily Driver
2002 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
DaveP189

Post by DaveP189 »

Yup, that little work area off the pits has now been renamed "SLMP I.C.U." - one car pulled out of the trees, another with a trashed engine, a couple of 'walking' wounded - starting to feel like a hillclimb :lol: ...

And it's only Saturday :shock:

Dave P. #189 '02 MINI CooperS+ "Elphie"
"People who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music." -unknown
Rabbit Farmer
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

In the trees?!?!? What part of the track did that happen? I didn't think that was possible after they removed the big tree/rock from the end of the front straight.
Steve #702
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
It takes hundreds of nuts to hold a car together, but it takes only one of them to scatter it all over the highway. - Evan Esar
DaveP189

Post by DaveP189 »

M3 went almost straight off turn 4 (the first haipin) and down the hill on the sopping wet grass - was the 5th overall run of the morning, so cold tires? damp track? Kevin said it just wouldn't steer. Took 2 tow straps and 3 looong rachet-straps just to reach him to pull it out - Joe said it was the first time he'd ever known of that w/ a car (a kart did it a few years ago).

No carnage on Day 2, in fact we had the M3 repaired enough to make a 'victory' lap before we started today :bigups: . Too bad the same couldn't be done for the 350Z, but it'll be back...
"People who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music." -unknown
DaveP189

Post by DaveP189 »

Sooo, that being said:

I'd like to thank the drivers who showed up for the event, made it possible, and jumped in to help where needed, especially timing (of which our system remains a 'black art' to me :dunno: ) - btw, the timers did run flawlessly for us; the rubber 'protector' worked well and was a great idea.
Big thanks to my co-chair Tom F. for handling that area of the operation (timing), including set-up and staffing, allowing me to concentrate on getting the track set-up, and the cars on it, in a timely fashion, along with all the other little things that crop up.
Appreciate the new drivers that showed up, always good to meet new people and get 'em hooked! (and I really want to see that Ford Police Interceptor back with some R888's or something).
And a thanks to VT Sportscar / SRT-USA for using the track last weekend and 'rubberizing' it for us (no kidding, I though somebody had had a drift event or sumpthin - wish I'd have been there to see that!).

Unofficial class winners: (No class 1 or 6) (parenthesis is # of entrants in each)
2 (6): (Ahem) (MINI) - 59.809 (new personal best*)
3 (2): Peter (RSX) - 58.785
4 (2): Devin (STi) - 58.878
5 (5): Jim (Evo) - 56.247 (FTD - congratulations)
N (2): Jeff G. (Interceptor) - 66.111
L (3): Mary L. (Rabbit) - 60.871

Thanks again , everybody - this one's for you! :beer2:
DaveP189

Post by DaveP189 »

* (The 'backstory' on the personal best)
I've been under a minute before, but on Saturday my best time was 60-flat.

Yup, 60.000 .

TWICE! :axe: :mad: :lol:
honda8790

Post by honda8790 »

What an interesting weekend. Between cording 3 of the 4 NT-01s, watching Kevin (M3) go off the track out of sight into the woods and hitting a tree and Peter G blowing the engine on the 350Z...it was an interesting weekend. The 350 engine failure was quite spectacular. As soon as the engine hit the rev limiter in turn 8, it was followed by a bang with flames out the back or the car.

Russ had his share of troubles too. Some nasty vibrations in the engine or clutch assembly caused problems with the Cobra. It looks like a transmission and engine overhaul is in the near future.....again. Everyone made it home, but there is a lot of work to do before the cars are back to racing condition again.

Thanks to Dave and Tom for the work they did to make this event possible. I'm looking forward to next year!

Alison, let us know when the pictures are up!!! :popcorn:
00 Honda S2000 - Summer Fun
Miatagirl

Post by Miatagirl »

You guys are gonna need a lot of popcorn

http://allisonf.smugmug.com/Other/SLMP- ... 7076_mv2Bo

280 or so now, maybe a few more tomorrow.
Great Balls O'Fiero

Post by Great Balls O'Fiero »

Looks awesome! I can't wait to see the rest!