SLMP 2 2011

SLMP, AIS, NHIS, Limerock, etc.
BugEyeRex
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

SLMP 2 2011

Post by BugEyeRex »

Come join us for our second track event at Saint Lawrence Motorsports Park, in Morristown, NY.

It will be held on Saturday, September 3rd and Sunday, September 4th (Labor Day weekend).

****Special Safety Requirements for convertibles apply to all SLMP events!****

For open cars - A rollbar which extends above the driver's head (with helmet on) when seated in the driving position is REQUIRED. No exceptions! If you have any question about your car please contact one of SCCV board members. This is for YOUR safety!

Limited to the first 25 PAID entries (each day) received.
Registration for this event is ONLINE only through motorsports reg.
LAST DAY TO REGISTER ONLINE IS Aug 19TH!

One Day Member rate: $65
One Day Non-member rate: $75
Two Day Member Rate: $125
Two Day Non-member rate: $135

Registration is first come, first served. You can register online via http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/ ... 5FBD877510

Event Chair(s): Chris R (Bugeyerex) & Robin R

Cancellation:
Those who cancel their registration can not substitute another person. If someone cancels before the deadline (Friday Aug 19th @5pm) the open slot will be filled with a driver on the wait list. The wait list will be created based on the order your entry was received. If a person cancels after the cancellation date a refund will not be given. Cancellations must be done by email, or written letter. Phone calls may be made to the event Chair person, but an email, or letter is required.
Chris SCCV #169

93 Blue Impreza Wrx conversion (toy)
02 Blue WRX Wagon (toy)
98 Green Civic 4dr (basic transport)
08 Red GTI 4dr (toy when given permission from the boss)
BugEyeRex
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Re: SLMP 2 2011

Post by BugEyeRex »

Just putting SLMP 2 into your mind.... We officially have 10 two day and 2 one day entries signed up.

Reasons to go:

It's the last SLMP of the year.
The track has been repaired and is in good shape.
The fastest times are always done labor day weekend.
When it's not completely full, and it hasn't been, you will get tired of driving.

If SCCV cancels the event you get your money back.

What's your excuse?
Chris SCCV #169

02 Blue WRX Wagon (toy)
sciroccohp

Post by sciroccohp »

How is the format? is it like 3 laps by yourself and in and then another run in like an hour? is it possible for 2-3 people to share a car? (I would assume that it would be 3 entries then) What kind of speeds are attained (5th gear or never out of second kind of thing?) Just wondering if the tow would be worth it.
Thanks David
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

format:

Nearly a full lap warm up, while previous car exits course and does their cool down lap.
3 timed laps.
cool down lap.

If your car is capable, double driver is possible. Three drivers is possible if the event is full, though I think you'll find your brakes will hate you. It's very hard on brakes. Knowing your car, you might be ok.

My stock wrx uses mostly 3rd gear. Topping out around mid 70's.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza sedan made from spare parts (Scrappy)
05 Subaru Legacy GT (Rosie)
02 Subaru impreza Wagon (Mr. the King)
96 Chevy Conversion van (Vango)
VTSilver225

Post by VTSilver225 »

I know it says you must go through motorsport reg, but im not sure my problems have been solved with my car. I am going to use devils bowl on Sat, the 20th of Aug. as my test. Could I wait and pay you on the 20th after I see how my car runs? It would actually be for 2 people if there is space.
606racers

Post by 606racers »

Definitely worth the tow.. we have always towed from the Derby/Newport area of northern VT. Takes about 6 1/2 hours for us and the fun meter is way off the charts. Amazing fun and great conversation and everyone is always helpful (should something go wrong).. Come, please come and enjoy. This time we are bringing our Dodge Caliber SRT 4. A new experience for us, can't wait.. :3gears:
BugEyeRex
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Post by BugEyeRex »

VTSilver225 wrote:I know it says you must go through motorsport reg, but im not sure my problems have been solved with my car. I am going to use devils bowl on Sat, the 20th of Aug. as my test. Could I wait and pay you on the 20th after I see how my car runs? It would actually be for 2 people if there is space.
That should not be a problem provided there is room (there most likely will) and we are having the event. We are close to the number of entries to have the event, but not there yet.
Chris SCCV #169

02 Blue WRX Wagon (toy)
BugEyeRex
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Post by BugEyeRex »

Just a friendly reminder that SLMP 2 registration is closing this Friday!
Chris SCCV #169

02 Blue WRX Wagon (toy)
Ny.Sam

Post by Ny.Sam »

What is the deal with insurance on the track? If something went wrong who is responsible? Thanks!
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

Ny.Sam wrote:What is the deal with insurance on the track? If something went wrong who is responsible? Thanks!
The club is insured for liability, like any other automotive event.

IF you crash your car, the repair of your car is NOT something that is covered by club insurance. That is typical for any performance driving event. Is that what you are asking?
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza sedan made from spare parts (Scrappy)
05 Subaru Legacy GT (Rosie)
02 Subaru impreza Wagon (Mr. the King)
96 Chevy Conversion van (Vango)