SLMP 2012 Registration

SLMP, AIS, NHIS, Limerock, etc.
BugEyeRex
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

SLMP 2012 Registration

Post by BugEyeRex »

Come join us for our one and only track event at Saint Lawrence Motorsports Park, in Morristown, NY.

It will be held on Saturday, June 2nd and Sunday, June 3rd.

****Special Safety Requirements for convertibles apply to all SLMP events!****

For open cars - A rollbar which extends above the driver's head (with helmet on) when seated in the driving position is REQUIRED. No exceptions! If you have any question about your car please contact one of SCCV board members. This is for YOUR safety!

Limited to the first 25 PAID entries (each day) received.
Registration for this event is MAIL IN only.
LAST DAY TO REGISTER IS MAY 29TH!

One Day Member rate: $65
One Day Non-member rate: $75
Two Day Member Rate: $125
Two Day Non-member rate: $135

Free Camping on site Friday and Saturday night.

Registration is first come, first served. POSTMARK dates will be used to determine order of entry to the event.

Get your entry form Here.

Entry forms must be legible and fully completed. The forms are in a "fillable" PDF format. You can fill it out on your computer and then print it.
We MUST be able to read it or it WILL be returned to you.

Send Completed forms to:
Sports Car Club of Vermont
Attn: SLMP
PO Box 1414
Williston, VT 05495

Event Chair(s): Chris R (Bugeyerex) & Robin R

Cancellation:
Those who cancel their registration can not substitute another person. If someone cancels before the deadline (May 29th) the open slot will be filled with a driver on the wait list. The wait list will be created based on the order your entry was received. If a person cancels after the cancellation date a refund will not be given. Cancellations must be done by email, or written letter. Phone calls may be made to the event Chair person, but an email, or letter is required.

CONFIRMED REGISTRATION:
Both Days:
1. Chris R.
2. Robin R.
3. Vicki M.
4. Russ M.
5. Travis D.
6. Scott N.
7. Allison F.
8. Kevin F.
9. Bill R.
10. Richard M.
11. Jeremiah L.
12. Brian A.
13. Amanda N.
14. Seth A.
15. Matt P.
16. Charles P.
17. Jeff G.
18. Matt L.
19. Larson S.
20. Mike S.
21. Erik R.

Saturday Only:

Sunday Only
Chris SCCV #169

93 Blue Impreza Wrx conversion (toy)
02 Blue WRX Wagon (toy)
98 Green Civic 4dr (basic transport)
08 Red GTI 4dr (toy when given permission from the boss)
Scootin159

Re: SLMP 2012 Registration

Post by Scootin159 »

Registration form is on the way
Scott Newton
BugEyeRex
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Post by BugEyeRex »

Updated confirmed entries on first post.
Chris SCCV #169

02 Blue WRX Wagon (toy)
blazewrx

Post by blazewrx »

I sent mine in on Monday :) Thank you
gkern87

Post by gkern87 »

I am waiting to see how the rx7 holds up at this weekend's AutoX. Hopefully she wont blow up at the very first event we race her in! If all goes well you can plan on seeing Winston and I at SLMP. It was a blast last year!
Scootin159

Post by Scootin159 »

Just curious - what type of time table do you guys use for the event? I'm mostly just curious what time I should aim to be there at on Saturday morning, and if that means getting up super early Saturday morning, or if it means driving up late Friday night and spending the night.
Scott Newton
BugEyeRex
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Post by BugEyeRex »

Hi Scott,
We usually do tech 7:30am to 8:00am. And we do a drivers meeting 8:00am. SLMP is generally run as a relaxed event because many of us have been there multiple times and know the drill. It's pretty easy to instruct newcomers on how things operate because so few workers are needed. The basic format is almost a full warm up lap followed by 3 timed laps then a almost a full cool down lap. Because the pavement is coarse and there are many hard braking zone with little time for the brakes to cool most cars brakes fade heavily if they do more laps. Prepping the car for safety is similar to an autox. Make sure you have good brake fluid and plenty of brake pad left. We are allowed to camp for free at the track and the camping is primitive (no potable water, no showers, there are 2 toilets available). Down the road there is a gas station with food and basic necessities. About 10-15 miles away there is a town with an Advance Autozone and Napa Auto Parts. The area does have a lot of hotels. If you have any questions do not hesitate to ask.
Chris SCCV #169

02 Blue WRX Wagon (toy)
DaveP189

Post by DaveP189 »

BugEyeRex wrote:****Special Safety Requirements for convertibles apply to all SLMP events!**** For open cars - A rollbar which extends above the driver's head (with helmet on) when seated in the driving position is REQUIRED. No exceptions!
Seeing a bunch of newer names, should also mention:
No R compound tires unless under 2500 pounds
(I believe this still applies - also used to be something about too hot / no running between 11 and 2, or something like that...)
Dave P. #189 '02 MINI CooperS+ "Elphie"
"People who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music." -unknown
BugEyeRex
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Post by BugEyeRex »

DaveVT02S wrote:
BugEyeRex wrote:****Special Safety Requirements for convertibles apply to all SLMP events!**** For open cars - A rollbar which extends above the driver's head (with helmet on) when seated in the driving position is REQUIRED. No exceptions!
Seeing a bunch of newer names, should also mention:
(I believe this still applies - also used to be something about too hot / no running between 11 and 2, or something like that...)
Forgot to mention the tire rule. We have been still running the event from 11 to 2 though.
Chris SCCV #169

02 Blue WRX Wagon (toy)
Scootin159

Post by Scootin159 »

800 # should work well for me there then ;).

What kind of top-speeds do you guys normally see there? I'm planning on running my "100mph" gears as I doubt my "80mph" gears will be enough. Just want to make sure I don't need to plan on running my "130mph" gears instead...
Scott Newton