SLMP 2012 Registration

SLMP, AIS, NHIS, Limerock, etc.
stig

Re: SLMP 2012 Registration

Post by stig »

BugEyeRex wrote:
Stig- I wouldn't count on it. The price for the club to rent the track went up significantly and it is making it hard for the club to go without losing money.
Yeah, I remember that. I seem to recall there was some discussion about possibly scheduling another of this one is successful?

Oh well. If I rig up some PVC pipe and ziptie it in my Miata does it count as a roll bar? :lol:
blazewrx

Post by blazewrx »

Hi all I know its late but I have a friend that wants to register for the event. I know it is closed now, but do you think there will be room if he registers at the event? We will be co-driving my car.
BugEyeRex
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Post by BugEyeRex »

I have 3 people I have not posted up yet and I will give the P.O. Box one last time today. I can let you know this evening.
Chris SCCV #169

93 Blue Impreza Wrx conversion (toy)
02 Blue WRX Wagon (toy)
98 Green Civic 4dr (basic transport)
08 Red GTI 4dr (toy when given permission from the boss)
ryed
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Post by ryed »

I'm on-board to bring the new whip! This will be the perfect venue to learn more about this car!
1991 Alpine White GTI VRT "Polar Express"
2012 Ford F150 Ecoboost "Tullibee"
2017 VW Alltrack "Betty White"
"Never run out of real estate, traction and ideas at the same time" - Unknown
BugEyeRex
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Post by BugEyeRex »

Updated confirmed entries on first post. 4 spots left. MAIL IN REGISTRATION IS CLOSED. Contact me directly with a PM to register and make arrangements.
Chris SCCV #169

93 Blue Impreza Wrx conversion (toy)
02 Blue WRX Wagon (toy)
98 Green Civic 4dr (basic transport)
08 Red GTI 4dr (toy when given permission from the boss)
Rooster

Post by Rooster »

Have fun folks! Really, really REALLY wish I were going...
1982 - Fiat Bertone X-1/9 (Bumble Bee)
1979 - Fiat X-1/9 (The Booger)
2012 - Fiat Abarth (The black Pearl) -R.I.P
Scootin159

Post by Scootin159 »

Saturday: Rain likely, mainly before 11am. Cloudy, with a high near 63. Southeast wind 7 to 15 mph becoming southwest. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.

Saturday Night: A chance of rain, mainly after 1am. Cloudy, with a low around 51. Southwest wind at 9 mph becoming east. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Sunday: Showers likely, mainly after 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 67. Calm wind becoming northeast between 5 and 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
Looks like it's going to be a wet weekend :x
Scott Newton
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

Adds to the character of the place.
It gets so hot there, I'm sort of relieved it's not going to be a million degrees.
Weather seems to pass through quickly there, so don't lose heart.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza sedan made from spare parts (Scrappy)
05 Subaru Legacy GT (Rosie)
02 Subaru impreza Wagon (Mr. the King)
96 Chevy Conversion van (Vango)
Scootin159

Post by Scootin159 »

As long as I get one good run in... kinda want to go for a new track record. Looking through your results the top results I see are:

Amos Hine: 52.758 (05 Birel Kart 80cc), 8/31/2008
Joey K: 53.170 (1995 Subaru Subaru), 9/6/2009
Nick W: 55.094 (STI), 5/28/2011
** note, the 2004-2007 results on the website aren't loading properly for me, can anybody else read them?

One of the perks of running a regular event on the same track layout like this is that you can compare results year::year - with the only real variables being track conditions. If this were a normal autocross I'd guess I'd be finishing in the mid to high 40's based on everyone else's times, but truth be told - this track plays perfectly into my car's two biggest weaknesses (long straights and low speed corners). I'll get good acceleration up to about 70mph (0-60 times ~2.5s), but once aero drag starts to come into play I quickly loose ground to higher HP cars. Low speed corners can also be a weakness as my car will understeer more and more the tighter the radius of the corner (no rear diff).
Scott Newton
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

That is why a lot of us like the track, as it's pretty much a constant. Track surface has changed some over time, so it hasn't been the same for everyone, but close enough.
The tough part for equity is tires, cars over 2500 lbs have to run tires over 80 utoq rating, which rules out many r compound tires, per track owners request. Those heavier cars could really use that extra stick there.
I think you'll find it's an interesting track, tough to get right.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza sedan made from spare parts (Scrappy)
05 Subaru Legacy GT (Rosie)
02 Subaru impreza Wagon (Mr. the King)
96 Chevy Conversion van (Vango)