SLMP I: May 4-5, 2013

SLMP, AIS, NHIS, Limerock, etc.
ryed
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

SLMP I: May 4-5, 2013

Post by ryed »

I am happy to announce our first event of the racing season! The SCCV will host a time-trial track weekend @ SLMP on May 4-5. We hope to have a 2nd event over Labor Day weekend, so mark your calendars!

For those not familiar with SLMP, it is a ¾ mile road course built for shifter-cart racing. We have used it for many years as a time-trial track. You will get a ton of seat-time, and a guaranteed smile on your face…

This is a GREAT opportunity to shake down your car before the Hillclimb & Autocross season!

There is free on-site camping and affordable lodging available fairly close.

The pricing will remain the same as last year:
2 Day member: $125
2 Day non-member: $135
1 Day member: $65
1 Day non-member: $75

In previous years the track owner has allowed individual drivers access to the track on Fridays for $20 per driver. This policy has changed, as some people did not pay-to-play… In order to negotiate a lower rate to rent the track for the weekend, the individual rates for Friday will be increased, and he will be enforcing it more closely.

Individual rates for Friday will be as follows, and paid directly to the owner (cash only):

Full day: $50 per driver
Noon-Dusk: $40 per driver
4:00-Dusk: $20 per driver

For open cars - A roll bar which extends above the driver's head (with helmet on) when seated in the driving position isREQUIRED. No exceptions! If you have any question about your car please contact one of SCCV board members. This is for YOUR safety!

If you are not familiar with the “Tire Rule,” please check out this link:

http://sccv.org/cms/index.php?page=Track

Registration will open at the March SCCV meeting (3/18) and limited to SCCV Members only. SCCV Membership is available at the March meeting. We will extend member registrations RATES to CMC, SCCNH and KSSC members. Registration will be accepted in person at the meeting on 3/18. Registration will open for non-members on Thursday 3/26.

We will be doing mail in registration just in case we have to cancel and issue refunds.

There will be a maximum of 25 spots available, and a minimum of 16 to run the event. There are 22 openings for 2-Day registration, and 3 openings each day for 1-Day registrations.

In the event we reach our cap of 22 two day drivers, an entrant may combine two 1-day entries to fill each of the remaining spots until we reach our cap of 25 entrants. In the event that we reach our cap, we will establish a waiting list. Registrations will be posted as they are received based on postage date. Member registrations will not be accepted postmarked earlier than March 19th and Non-members registrations will not be accepted postmarked earlier than March 26th.

You may cancel your registration by contacting the event chairperson by 9pm, April 19th for a full refund (we'll return or tear up your check). After that time, if you cancel, we'll attempt to fill your slot from the wait list. If a replacement is found we'll return your entry fee otherwise it is forfeit.

Historically this event fills quickly.

You can download a registration form here: http://sccv.org/cms/uploads/File/slmp_reg.pdf

Registration List:

2-Day
1. Butch #178
2. Clark Hinchman #181 Late cancellation
3. Jake Stoll (registered as Hinchman) #181 late cancellation
4. Jim Guenther #810
5. Leo Sawyer #771
6. Erik Reiser #719 (co-chair)
7. Paul Dudley #42 (co-chair)
8. Art Lyle #342
9. Allison F. #818
10. Scott Newton #159
11. Larson S. #350 (will get with him regarding membership)
12. Nick Goldberg (Paul will get with him regarding membership)
13. Luke M #70
14. Rob B. #787
15. Brian Leedy #717

1-Day

Saturday
Sunday
23. Bill Leedy #777
1991 Alpine White GTI VRT "Polar Express"
2012 Ford F150 Ecoboost "Tullibee"
2017 VW Alltrack "Betty White"
"Never run out of real estate, traction and ideas at the same time" - Unknown
sachilles

Re: SLMP I: May 4-5, 2013

Post by sachilles »

Sadly I'll be at Disney, so I can't attend. Wish I could as I love this event.

This really is a good first event for folks. Unlike an autocross it is easy to follow the course right off.
It can be tough on brakes and or tires, if you've never been, best to ask a few questions about that stuff so you are prepared. My recommendation varies by car, but I'd suggest having 50% pad life and rotors in good shape, as well as fairly fresh brake fluid. If you tires are not competition oriented(stiffer sidewalls), make sure to add pressure to them, and be prepared to rotate tires on site. The front left tire can get beat up on cars with stock camber. Any of our slmp regulars would be happy to guide you.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza sedan made from spare parts (Scrappy)
05 Subaru Legacy GT (Rosie)
02 Subaru impreza Wagon (Mr. the King)
96 Chevy Conversion van (Vango)
Scootin159

Post by Scootin159 »

Plan on seeing you there. New car came with 4 sets of take-off tires that I wouldn't mind wearing away for a couple days, and then throw on some fresher meat for a couple glory runs each day. Might even take advantage of that Friday opportunity for some extra track time - $20 for basically 3-4 hours nearly uninterrupted track time is a killer deal (weather permitting). Safe to assume that we don't need to do any pre-registration for Friday - just show up on time and have cash on hand?
Scott Newton
ryed
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Post by ryed »

Scootin159 wrote:Plan on seeing you there. New car came with 4 sets of take-off tires that I wouldn't mind wearing away for a couple days, and then throw on some fresher meat for a couple glory runs each day. Might even take advantage of that Friday opportunity for some extra track time - $20 for basically 3-4 hours nearly uninterrupted track time is a killer deal (weather permitting). Safe to assume that we don't need to do any pre-registration for Friday - just show up on time and have cash on hand?
No pre-registration for Friday. I'll speak to the owner as we get closer to the event. We'll have to let him know who is playing on Friday and when so that he can plan accordingly to collect his $.
Art Lyle

Post by Art Lyle »

If we are a member but don't attend the March 18 meeting, when is the soonest that we can sign up?
ryed
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Post by ryed »

Art Lyle wrote:If we are a member but don't attend the March 18 meeting, when is the soonest that we can sign up?
The meeting is tomorrow 3/19. You can fill out the registration form and mail it with a check to the SCCV PO box tomorrow (address on Registration form). Priority goes to postmark date, which cannot be before tomorow 3/19.
Miatagirl

Post by Miatagirl »

Registration in the mail this morning :)
ryed
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Post by ryed »

Updating 1st post with list of registrants as they come in.
Jim EvoX

Post by Jim EvoX »

Putting my registration in the mail tomorrow and working on bringing a couple of others from work.
ryed
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Post by ryed »

Registration List updated (Thanks Steve!).

Keep them coming in, we need a minimum of 16 to make this a GO.