Covered Bridge Rally & RallyCross, Stratton Nov. 6 & 7

Time-Speed-Distance Rallies
Dave_G

Covered Bridge Rally & RallyCross, Stratton Nov. 6 & 7

Post by Dave_G »

Time for the annual reminder about the Covered Bridge Rally and Rallycross, hosted this year at Stratton Mountain. The TSD rally is Saturday Nov. 6, and the rallycross is Sunday Nov. 7. I've been doing the Saturday road rally for the past several years with my son Neil, and I look forward to it every year. This year we'll be going again, as the high school sports scheduling gods have smiled on us and not scheduled a cross-country meet for Neil for that day. :) It's always a great day out with fellow gearheads in a more laid-back, but equally competitive setting than your typical autocross or rallycross.

Lots of people are interested in the annual Vermont Winter Challenge Rally that happens in February. This is very similar, but takes place in the daytime, and is not quite so insane. :) Since the winter rally requires previous TSD experience and the Covered Bridge Rally doesn't, the Covered Bridge Rally is a perfect introduction/learning environment for the winter rally.

Not having a rallycross car, I generally skip the rallycross, but for those who are into beating their cars in the mud, it's an equally great time.

General info and registration info is here: http://www.ner.org/rally/rdral/event/20 ... -roadrally
Dave GuertinImage
'90 Miata (summer fun)
'91 BMW 325iX (winter fun) oo=[][]=oo
'04 Mazda 6s wagon (family fun)
sachilles

Re: Covered Bridge Rally & RallyCross, Stratton Nov. 6 & 7

Post by sachilles »

I know of a driver in Lowell VT that is looking for a navigator. If you interested, let me know and I'll pass on the contact info.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza sedan made from spare parts (Scrappy)
05 Subaru Legacy GT (Rosie)
02 Subaru impreza Wagon (Mr. the King)
96 Chevy Conversion van (Vango)
Dave_G

Post by Dave_G »

I just saw the entry list, and one of the other drivers is John Buffum. So I'll be able to claim that I competed in a rally against Buffum. 8)

It's not too late to sign up. :)
Dave GuertinImage
'90 Miata (summer fun)
GTI_VT

Post by GTI_VT »

Is that person from Lowell still need a co-driver? I have no plans this weekend and I would interested. Another plus is that i am from that area and I know it pretty good. Let me know!!!
Dave_G

Post by Dave_G »

Looks like he found a navigator.
Dave GuertinImage
'90 Miata (summer fun)
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

GTI_VT wrote:Is that person from Lowell still need a co-driver? I have no plans this weekend and I would interested. Another plus is that i am from that area and I know it pretty good. Let me know!!!
I'll send you his email addy so you can confirm, me might now of somebody else looking at this point.
-Seth
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza sedan made from spare parts (Scrappy)
05 Subaru Legacy GT (Rosie)
02 Subaru impreza Wagon (Mr. the King)
96 Chevy Conversion van (Vango)
GTI_VT

Post by GTI_VT »

Email sent Thanks Seth
Dave_G

Post by Dave_G »

You could also check on the NER forum here:
http://www.ner.org/forums/index.php?board=4.0
Dave GuertinImage
'90 Miata (summer fun)
Larson

Post by Larson »

Teenwolf(Matt) and I attended the rallyX on Sun and had a great time. We drove a gutted 97 VW Jetta on 2 of Paul Dudley's gravel rally tires. The tires were too big for the car but this gave us the ground clearance needed to miss hangups on the ruts.
Very well run event. Maybe a little expensive $80 but we got lunch, cookies and lots of runs and ride alongs. Well worth the drive and moneys. We had so much fun we're going to get the car ready for the event in Ludlow on Dec 4th.
addicted one

Post by addicted one »

I did the Rally X also. Here is one of the faster videos running on snows in front and directional summer tires in rear. I am mixed on if I would do another one, especialy with a car I drove there. A car prepped for this type of event is the way to go.