British Invasion 2009

DaveP189

British Invasion 2009

Post by DaveP189 »

Went down today and had a great time, meet some fellow MINI owners and some other people, including Dennis Gage from the show "My Classic Car" (the guy w/ the big handlebar 'stache) - heading back tomorrow for the 'Competition of Colors' - shot 98 pics today, here's a sample:

How do you make your XKE stand out among the 30 or so there?

Seriously, Concours d'Elegance "Best of Show", a 1949 Rover P3 Saloon
(edit to clarify year/model)

And a couple of Lotus vintage racers

Who says it has to be pristine? (must be a barn find - OK by me)

And the Singer Club always has a great display - 10 cars there, the announcer figures it's the most in one place at any show every year
Last edited by DaveP189 on Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave P. #189 '02 MINI CooperS+ "Elphie"
"People who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music." -unknown
8valvegrowl

Re: British Invasion 2009

Post by 8valvegrowl »

Kewl pics! I haven't been in two years, hope to make it next year.

Some day the B will be in that show...but it's a long way off.
'99 9.3 - Torquey noodle-mobile.
'08 9.3 SportCombi - Family Wagon.
'87 900 - 8 valves of pure fury.
'91 Legacy AWD - Sold :(
'74 MGBGT - Stage: Welding project.
'87 4Kquattro - Gone, but not forgotten
DaveP189

Post by DaveP189 »

Another fun day in Stowe, glad I went down and parked on the field - for giggles I put the car numbers on before I left, and the helmets on the roof (after I parked), thus probably attracted more attention than the rest of the MINI's combined (also since the blown yellow one from E/J wasn't there today) - meet a bunch of people from all over, spread the word about the OctoberFAST show and the SCCV - chatted w/ Larson and 10vTurbo, meet shipjumper (IIRC?), his dad had a great '67 TVR there, also a gent who's done the Philo hillclimb (forgot his name, but drives a black Porsche replica), had a little MINI (ha-ha) owners gathering near the car for the day. Snapped some more pics, up to about 120 now, trying to get them sorted out and posted (am currently using Webshots but it's too cumbersome for big albums). but here's a few more for now:

The TVR I mentioned (they run at Lime Rock) (engine pic for Bill :D )
Note the 'trussed' rear wheels

The engine in the TR6 I was parked next to in the morning (almost perfect shape, painted Mazda Crystal Red metallic) (shown in second photo)
And, yes, that's the fuel injection conversion...

They added a bike class this year - how 'bout a couple of spotless Royal Enfields?
(Forgot what the scooters in background are, but not Vespas)
"People who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music." -unknown
MX5 Driver
SCCV Webmaster
SCCV Webmaster

Post by MX5 Driver »

LoL, I past a group of MGs on my way home today. I was heading south on Rt.2 through the Islands and right before North Hero the was a group of about ten of them parked on the side of the road. The hoods were up on two of them and had 3 to 4 people hunched over each. Gotta love British reliability!
:mad: :mad:
Tim W.
SCCV #72
DaveP189

Post by DaveP189 »

Sure they weren't coming back from SLMP? :lol:
8valvegrowl

Post by 8valvegrowl »

Nice pics, always liked those old TVRs (well, I like the new ones too, but those old ones aren't quite as insane.)

MG's rarely have mechanical issues, they are really pretty robust. It's the electrical systems that will let you down if you don't clean and grease contact points/connectors regularly. 2 out of 10 on the side of the road isn't too bad ;)
'99 9.3 - Torquey noodle-mobile.
'08 9.3 SportCombi - Family Wagon.
'87 900 - 8 valves of pure fury.
'91 Legacy AWD - Sold :(
'74 MGBGT - Stage: Welding project.
'87 4Kquattro - Gone, but not forgotten