COMSCC 2010 track day/time trial schedule is out

Events that are not Sponsored or Organized by the SCCV.
Dave_G

COMSCC 2010 track day/time trial schedule is out

Post by Dave_G »

The COM Sports Car Club just announced their 2010 schedule for HPDE track days/time trials. It looks like a great slate of events. I'm excited to visit Monticello for the first time, but I'm even more excited to go back to Mount Tremblant, which I get to love more and more every time I go back there (next year will be my fifth visit there). And it will be great to drive the Glen without worrying about snow!

Mark your calendars, and I hope we can get some SCCV parties showing up at some of these events (especially Tremblant :) )! Here's the list:

Dates........................Days...................Track........................................Note.................
May 3 & 4...............Mon & Tues....... Monticello, Full Course.............COM's first event at this track
May 31 & June 1.......Mon & Tues................NHMS............................Monday is Memorial day
July 2, 3 & 4............Fri, Sat, Sun..............NHMS.......................3 day event, Sunday is 4th of July
Aug 2 & 3...............Mon & Tues.........Mont Tremblant.........................................................
Aug 28 & 29.............Sat & Sun.................NHMS..............................................................
Sept 14 & 15...........Tues & Wed...........Watkins Glen..........................................................
Oct 9 & 10...............Sat & Sun.................NHMS...............................................................

And here's the link: http://www.comscc.org/events/
Dave GuertinImage
'90 Miata (summer fun)
'91 BMW 325iX (winter fun) oo=[][]=oo
'04 Mazda 6s wagon (family fun)
DaveP189

Re: COMSCC 2010 track day/time trial schedule is out

Post by DaveP189 »

Monticello - is that the 'new' private/member track? That would be fun...
Dave P. #189 '02 MINI CooperS+ "Elphie"
"People who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music." -unknown
Dave_G

Post by Dave_G »

DaveVT02S wrote:Monticello - is that the 'new' private/member track? That would be fun...
Yes, it's a "country club" track that apparently has opened up dates for other clubs. The track itself looks fantastic. Check out this onboard video of a lap:

The esses at the end of the long straight look exactly like the SLMP chicane, only bigger (and faster) :) .
Dave GuertinImage
'90 Miata (summer fun)
STI NICK

Post by STI NICK »

Sweet. Time to add a few dates to the calender. I definitely want to get to tremblant this year. Monticello looks like a blast also.
Nick
11 F150 ECOBoost
13 Focus ST
04 Volvo XC70
DaveP189

Post by DaveP189 »

I'd really like to get on that Monticello track, have read several magazine articles about it. Hey, the miilionaires want a nice track, and they'll let us on it? :wink:
Dave P. #189 '02 MINI CooperS+ "Elphie"
"People who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music." -unknown
Mr. Bridgestone

Post by Mr. Bridgestone »

Monticello looks sweet. Looks to be about a hour south of Albany. More here:

Monticello

Cool track. :D
SCCV # 71
2016 Ford Fiesta ST / ARRIVED
2003 Mini Cooper S / SOLD
1990 Mazda Miata / Mariner Blue / SOLD
2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon / SOLD
P.C.R. Jaguar 80cc Shifter Kart / SOLD
HondaSi

Post by HondaSi »

Does anyone know if there are any events at Watkins Glen before COMSCC in September? Or any more at Monticello? I think the Audi club is going to the Glen in July. I don't know if I am allowed to go with a Honda though...
Dave_G

Post by Dave_G »

HondaSi wrote:Does anyone know if there are any events at Watkins Glen before COMSCC in September? Or any more at Monticello? I think the Audi club is going to the Glen in July. I don't know if I am allowed to go with a Honda though...
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=3124
Dave GuertinImage
'90 Miata (summer fun)
HondaSi

Post by HondaSi »

Thanks... :lol:
darTTh audi

Post by darTTh audi »

HondaSi wrote:Does anyone know if there are any events at Watkins Glen before COMSCC in September? Or any more at Monticello? I think the Audi club is going to the Glen in July. I don't know if I am allowed to go with a Honda though...
You can show up with whatever car you want to an Audi event. Read the tire rules on the NEQ website. If you haven't solo'd with them before they won't want you on R-Comps.
Bill R.
2008 Audi TT 3.2q