2010 AMEC Autocrosses at Albany Saratoga Speedway!!!

Events that are not Sponsored or Organized by the SCCV.
pdudley42
SCCV President
SCCV President

Re: 2010 AMEC Autocrosses at Albany Saratoga Speedway!!!

Post by pdudley42 »

Mike, you can add one more Dudley to MU class in a Miata, and I see that #42 isn't taken yet. Good times. Is there camping on site by any chance? Also will I be able to talk with one of the drift official during our event? The thought of entering theirs has entered my mind...every day for a week.
Thanks
Paul Dudley #42

There are no accidents; only collisions.
Mike Kamm

Post by Mike Kamm »

pdudley42 wrote:Mike, you can add one more Dudley to MU class in a Miata, and I see that #42 isn't taken yet. Good times. Is there camping on site by any chance? Also will I be able to talk with one of the drift official during our event?
Hello Paul,

The new system of signing up this year is through Motorsportreg.com. It is the best way for everyone this year. The old way was flat wearing us out. Now they have streamlined the whole deal and not have to spend so many hours emailing people back and forth each month.

The system signs up the drivers, and not the cars. So each driver needs to register separately and just fill in the blank for the same car [if they are sharing it]. It is nice in many ways, one of them being that once registered, drivers are only a few quick clicks away from signing up again for the following event. It remembers all of your details.

I'm not aware of camping ever being allowed at A/S Speedway, but I checked their site for you anyway. It gives a link to places for lodging in the area, but no mention of camping. The drift event takes place at the conclusion of our event so I'm sure you can talk to the organizer[s]. I personally won't be making it to the first event, but am still helping get the word out for the club on forums like this one.

Mike
2013 Honda Fit EV
'97 Geo Metro
Larson

Post by Larson »

Signed up! :3gears:
Mike Kamm

Post by Mike Kamm »

Welcome aboard Larson.

These adrenaline charged speedway autocross events are the only ones of their kind. Time to drop the hammer people!
2013 Honda Fit EV
'97 Geo Metro
pdudley42
SCCV President
SCCV President

Post by pdudley42 »

Mike, what's the policy on double-drivers? My girlfriend Beverly is strongly considering entering as well.
Paul Dudley #42

There are no accidents; only collisions.
Mike Kamm

Post by Mike Kamm »

pdudley42 wrote:Mike, what's the policy on double-drivers? My girlfriend Beverly is strongly considering entering as well.
Hello Paul,
Glad to hear Beverly may run as well. Like I said a few posts ago, the online registration system signs up the drivers, and not the cars. So each driver needs to register separately and just fill in the blank for the same car [if they are sharing it]. You'll need to change the car number each time the driver changes. The cars will run in the order of the car number, so you'll want to pick a second number that's not close to the first driver's, so you'll have plenty of time to switch.

Mike
2013 Honda Fit EV
'97 Geo Metro
Mike Kamm

Post by Mike Kamm »

The latest in from Dave Burnham:

Just a reminder, there are only 6 days until the autocross at Albany Saratoga Speedway. Please sign up on line if you are coming. We will accept walk ins but would prefer to have everyone do it on line it will be easier for registration to handle that way. You also won't get left out if we fill up, 55 drivers are signed up so far!

Thanks,

Mike
2013 Honda Fit EV
'97 Geo Metro
stig

Post by stig »

I'm in! :drive1:
Larson

Post by Larson »

Wow! What a great event. It was nice to see a large turnout and nice slection of cars. The track was very smooth and grippy in the dry weather.

If you have time in your schedules, this is an event that's worth the drive. :D
Rabbit Farmer
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Larson... Rabbit or Bug?

Pictures?

:popcorn: :3gears: :drinkers:
Steve #702
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
It takes hundreds of nuts to hold a car together, but it takes only one of them to scatter it all over the highway. - Evan Esar