Calendar of 2010 track days

Events that are not Sponsored or Organized by the SCCV.
Dave_G

Re: Calendar of 2010 track days

Post by Dave_G »

I just checked on the forums, because I remember the rules being changed a couple years ago, and didn't recall them being changed back. Here are the relevant threads:

http://www.comscc.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1643
http://www.comscc.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2874
Dave GuertinImage
'90 Miata (summer fun)
'91 BMW 325iX (winter fun) oo=[][]=oo
'04 Mazda 6s wagon (family fun)
DaveP189

Post by DaveP189 »

Thanks, Dave :bigups:

(Edit: for those following along: Yes, Street Prepared only requires DOT belts)
Dave P. #189 '02 MINI CooperS+ "Elphie"
"People who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music." -unknown
skivittlerjimb

Post by skivittlerjimb »

Whew. Thanks for clarifying, Dave. I'm planning on Tremblant this year but I won't have a cage or harness bar by then.
-Jim B.
'92 GVR4 280/1000
brownMINI

Post by brownMINI »

Anybody heading to NHMS with the Boston BMWCCA on July 5? I haven't gotten my confirmation yet, but I'm fairly certain I'll be there instructing. I've got a two bed room at the Red Roof Inn for Sunday night.

I'll also be there (NHMS) July 29 with the White Mountain BMWCCA.
Dave_G

Post by Dave_G »

brownMINI wrote:Anybody heading to NHMS with the Boston BMWCCA on July 5?
Sorry, no, it would be fun to cross paths at the track, but I'll be there on July 3 & 4 (Sat. & Sun.). Sunday: 7 hours of open track! Woohoo! :D If you get there early enough Sunday stop by and say hi. I probably won't have any tires left by the end of the day so I may just be hanging around taking pictures or something. :)
Dave GuertinImage
'90 Miata (summer fun)
HondaSi

Post by HondaSi »

So from what I see online, I don't need anything diffrent to got to a track day with the BMW club than what I need for SLMP. Is there anything diffrent I would need to do to the car or have to run at Monticello? If not then I plan on going to Monticello on 8/30/10. Looks like a great track.
brownMINI

Post by brownMINI »

HondaSi wrote:So from what I see online, I don't need anything diffrent to got to a track day with the BMW club than what I need for SLMP. Is there anything diffrent I would need to do to the car or have to run at Monticello? If not then I plan on going to Monticello on 8/30/10. Looks like a great track.
Make sure you check the organization's sites for tech inspection forms. They'll each have their own. In general, the requirements are about the same as SLMP, but there can be some differences. And they'll be more stringent about the little things than an SLMP event is - like long sleeve, cotton shirts and long pants, etc.
HondaSi

Post by HondaSi »

Just sighned up for Monticello on 8/30. Any one else going? Or has anyone run at Monticello before? What did you think?
Dave_G

Post by Dave_G »

HondaSi wrote:Just sighned up for Monticello on 8/30. Any one else going? Or has anyone run at Monticello before? What did you think?
I've never been there, but reports I've heard have all been raves for the track, and not so much for the facilities, which are still supposedly under development. It sounds like a great track to drive and I would love to get there sometime.
Dave GuertinImage
'90 Miata (summer fun)
HondaSi

Post by HondaSi »

So the BMW track day at Monticello was great! It is a very fun track. I would recomend going while you still can, as they will not be renting the track to club next year. They want to take care of there track members first. There is a mix of fast and slow turs. I toped out at 120mph on the long strate, and hit over 100mph in a few other spots. One of wich is a turn with a blind entree taken flat out at over 100mph. I will post video soon...